It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 9:01 pm

It still gets me... 

Post It still gets me...
... I was such a carefree teenager and didn't exactly go out of my way to protect myself when it came time to doing the deed.

October 14th 2001, I found out I was pregnant. Me and my BF weren't exactly thrilled but hey we took the chances and we dealt with it. He was so caring and happy once it finally sunk in.

I started bleeding on the 20th of October and freaked, but it wasn't heaps so went to work but it was on the back of my mind the whole day - not good for work. That evening I went to the dr who was pretty sure I was misscarrying so did some swabs and tests (I can't remember what), and told me to come back tomorrow at lunchtime. I arranged with my boss (I was a temp at the time so arranged it with who I was working for, not the temp agency) to have a longer lunch break to get it sorted. He knew what had happened as he made me go to the dr the evening before.

Lunchtime came and I was given the sad news that yes I was misscarrying. I was really upset. I had gone from not being all that happy about getting pregnant to happy I was pregnant, to so defestated that I was lossing my baby. I decided to let it go naturally I was already bleeding so just let it go.

I went back to work a little late, my boss was totally understanding and let me try and regain control of myself before I went on the phones again. My mind was else where and really I should not of been there. I slipped up really badly at work and gave the wrong info to a client (wasn't exactly wrong just gave the client the wrong date). The temp agency was really angry and decided that going by my performance over the 2 days it was grounds for dismissial.

So here I was in the middle of a misscarriage and just been fired. I was a mess. My boss tried to help (and I thank him so much for trying), but I didn't want to work for an agency that didn't care what I was going through - and she knew as I had been upfront and honest about it the whole time.

But the silly thing is I kept the misscarriage a secret from my parents. I know that they would of helped me through it, but I didn't want for them to think I was silly/stupid for getting pregnant in the first place (even after I was told I would never get pregnant - fooled them 3 times now).

It is still 6 weeks away from the 7 year anniversary of the misscarriage and every year on the 21st of October I do something for me, something little. Last year I planted a whole lot of little pansies in the garden with my eldest boy. For him it was gardening for me it was something more.

Wed Sep 03, 2008 11:45 am

Welcome Becks :bighug: , I hope that you find as much comfort in this site as I have. Thank you for sharing your angel with us.

Image Image

ImageImage

Wed Sep 03, 2008 12:09 pm
Profile E-mail

Thank you for sharing your story, :bighug:

Wed Sep 03, 2008 2:36 pm
Profile YIM

Hi Becs, thanks for sharing your story, I'm sorry your boss was so awful about your situation, that's really unfair, on top of losing your wee one. :(

Sat Sep 06, 2008 9:26 pm
Profile WWW