It is currently Fri Mar 29, 2024 5:36 pm

my missed miscarriage MARCH 09. 

Post my missed miscarriage MARCH 09.
I just really want the chance to tell my story and just be listened to by other people that may have an understanding of what you go through when you lose a child through a misscarriage, or stillbirth or after birth. I am the proudest Mummy ever of my little boy :lol: Izrael.. :lol: he was born on the 3rd May 2007, textbook baby 40.2wks gestation ten pounds, I couldnt have asked for more of a blessing. From the moment we had Izy I knew that a sibling would follow shortly I just wanted to spend sometime with my 'lil baby' first, and get myself sorted before embarking on another pregnancy. We decided to have another baby this year and made the decision to have my IUD removed in January, I then had is taken out on Jan 5th, monitered (sp?) my ovulation and what do you know I concieved on the 14th Jan..this was such a surprise as it took around 8months to concieve Izy. I knew I was pregnant a week before my period was due as my ms set in, it made me wonder if there were two in there? I had an early blood test HCG because despite my early MS I couldnt get a HPT to BFP (5 tests later)..the HCG's were 12 which is barely registering a pregnancy YET I knew what was going on in there! Anyway at 8weeks my midwife sent me for a scan because she saw my HCG was low and wanted to check for a viable pregnancy. The scan showed the baby died literally the day before the scan at 8wks gestation,, SHOCK HORROR I told the sonogropher that her equipment must be faulty, I was offered a D&C but I couldnt let go of the hope that they were wrong and I was right! All the following week between march 4th and march 13th my MS intensified and my HCG levels went 1140000 to 1460000..so went for another scan, still no heartbeat, no growth for baby zilch, we had lost hope, there was a 4cm cyst on my ovary (pregnancy related) that was apparantly tricking my body by producing the HCG hormone..so as well as a baby there was a cyst. I wanted to wait to miscarry naturally as the D&C scared me a bit, but then I just got sicker, still NO cramping and bleeding. I eventually had the D&C or ERPOC last week on thurs 19th march and I've recovered well, Im awaiting test results on what they removed from me (baby, cyst, placenta, yolk..) so hopefully I get an answer. Ive had a month to process all of it so Im ok, I hope our baby comes back to us one day. He/she would have been due Oct 7th.
:!:

Attachments:
Quality kidz 007.JPG
Quality kidz 007.JPG [ 94.52 KiB | Viewed 5725 times ]
Fri Mar 27, 2009 8:00 pm
Profile E-mail

Post Re: my missed miscarriage MARCH 09.
:bighug:
Hope you get answers soon!

my angel Chloé
Aidan Image

Sun Mar 29, 2009 8:31 am

That is so sad. Thank you for sharing your story. Sending you big cyber hugs :bighug: :bighug: :bighug:

Sun Mar 29, 2009 12:56 pm
Profile E-mail WWW

Hi L,

I am so glad you found this site and lit a candle for your wee angel. Its very sad and I am so sorry you had to experience this loss and all of the complications that came with it.

I have been thinking about you and J, and if you ever need to call, I'm here for you.

Take Care Sweet :)

BTW, Israel is gorgeous, and he is looking so grown up :)

Tue Mar 31, 2009 7:50 pm
Profile E-mail

Thanks Yvonne and the others, I got my test results back from the lab (well had to call the nurse at my GP and ask for them 5 times, before someone got them for me). Basically the nurse had little knowledge of how to interpret the results (not her fault) but the few things she did manage to tell me were.. "genetic abnormalities resulting in partial mole growth over fetus, effectively ending its life"...I have requested a copy of whatever she was reading so I CAN analyse the results myself, gosh darn. Well I am somewhat a bit relieved that I did have a baby that was 'abnormal' it may have not developed into much at all, but this partial mole thing took over. Now I am more then ready to TTC asap (this cycle) but I have been advised to wait till I meet with my Doctor at hosp, thats wasting a whole cylce though? Today I am off to buy my pre-natals and folic acid, break out the iron tabs ect...prepping for healthy cell development.
Yvonne, perhaps when I come to Auckland next I can bring Izrael over to play with Flynn? Its amazing how when I first introduced Izy to you he was a month or so old and Flynn was mabye 2? Now they can actually be little buddies, I look after a 3 yr old and a 4year old and Izrael thinks they are the bees knees! Anyways I would love to catch up and see your gorgeous home, Flynn and your baby bump. After reading some of your posts (especially about Satori)..In which a tear comes to my eye, you are an inspiration In this crazy world of babymaking, you go girl. Catch me over in TTC next I think, need tips hints and tricks. XOXOXO

Wed Apr 01, 2009 8:18 am
Profile E-mail

serena07 wrote:
Your story really touches the heart and it is so sad. My heart goes out to you. I m so sorry that you going through this. I know you need support and take some time to being normal again. Time heals all wounds. My prayers and hugs for you. ((((((((((HUGS)))))))))))

Serena I see you're new here. We'd love to see you in the Introduction thread so we can learn about your lost baby and honour them.

Sorry for the T/J IzraelsMama.

Thu Oct 15, 2009 12:14 am
Profile WWW