It is currently Fri Mar 29, 2024 7:39 pm

Bad Week 

Post Bad Week
Hi everyone, I haven't posted here for a while but do check in regularly. As some of you may know we have been officially TTC and were completely shocked to find out that we were pregnant straight away. We were so excited but obviously cautious as we know only too well that things can go horribly wrong. Unfortunately on Monday this week I started bleeding and had to race off for a scan. To our relief they found a heartbeat which was great especially as it was at a scan at 22 weeks that I found out our little boy Seb had died. Anyway after a very stressful week got a phone call from our dr last night to say that unfortuantely my hcg levels had gone from 1700 to 93 so it was confirmed that we had miscarried. It is such a blow after having lost our darling son in January.

The hard thing as I experienced after losing Seb is I constantly see pregnant women and newborn babies everywhere. The lady over the road had her baby at the same time as we had Seb and I keep trying to avoid her. A good friend is due to have her baby any day, another friend I saw in town today told me how well is she and what a breeze her pregnancy is. I even ran into my hairdresser who told me how well I was looking and I was sure to get pregnant again and get fat!!!

Just wanted to vent to you guys as I know you will completely understand how I am feeling.

Sat Jul 11, 2009 10:08 pm
Profile E-mail

Post Re: Bad Week
Sarah i am so sad to hear this... :( its so unfair
im a bit lost for words but know that im thinking of you and if you need to chat im here.
Huge Hugs
Debs

Sun Jul 12, 2009 10:39 pm

Huge Hugs Sarahjane,

I sooo feel your pain. Its like every Pregnant woman and Newborn baby has suddenly appears out of nowhere everywhere you go!! Its soo hard and heartbreaking.

Im sooo sorry for your loss. Its soo unfair and I hope you are blessed with a beautiful baby soon. Its hard to stay positive when you are so heartbroken. Please feel free to vent away am here for you always.

:angel:Caeden Hugh @21.1wks 10/08

IVF Mummy to 3 Beautiful :angel: Boys!!

An Angel in the book of life
wrote down my baby’s birth
and whispered as she closed the book
"too beautiful for the Earth"

Mon Jul 13, 2009 11:03 am

I'm so so sorry to hear this Sarah Jane, :bighug: :bighug: :bighug: :bighug: :bighug: :bighug: :bighug:

Mon Jul 13, 2009 12:12 pm

SarahJane, I just wanted to say :bighug: to you too. It totally sucks when you want something sooo bad but cant have it.

Mon Jul 13, 2009 3:17 pm
Profile E-mail WWW

Sarahjane, I am so sorry to hear of the loss of your wee one. Sending you lots of cyberhugs, and thoughts. As Carley said - life really sucks when things like this happen :(

Mon Jul 13, 2009 5:26 pm
Profile E-mail

Sending big hugs to you.

Mon Jul 13, 2009 6:54 pm
Profile YIM

Thanks everyone. I don't know what I would do without you guys for support. Nobody really understands what we have been through and they think we should be over it by now and getting on with our lives. It is so hard to know what to do from here. We were so excited when we found out we were pregnant but we also know what can go wrong so tried not to get too excited. I was just starting to relax and think I can do this and the bleeding started. It was so gut wrenching. I had a good talk to our doctor and he thinks we should wait at least a year to get over the worst of the grief after losing Seb and so that my body is ready to be pregnant, blah, blah. I do agree with him but I feel that I don't have that much time to wait cos of my age. I was really pissed off last night when an ad came on tv for a womens mag. There is a story about Julie Seymour, the netballer, who is talking about the baby that crushed her dream. I was furious. She should be lucky that she is able to get pregnant and carry a health baby and a bloody sight more lucky if she was a live and healthy baby. Some of us just want the chance. Argh. Not sure what to do now.

Tue Jul 14, 2009 12:35 pm
Profile E-mail

Sarah, Im sorry youve had such a crap week and that you have lost another little one :bighug: Grrr I saw that same ad and had the same feelings about it. People just dont get it :(

Tue Jul 14, 2009 4:11 pm

Hi Sarah

I'm so sorry to hear about your miscarriage. It breaks my heart to know that people deal with this stuff over and over again. It's so unfair. You and only you will know when you are ready to be pregnant again.

My heart goes out to you and DH big time.

Nat

Wed Jul 15, 2009 8:01 pm
Profile E-mail

Hi Sarah, just wanted to send you a big hug......I have not seen the ad you guys are talking about which is probably a good thing because I would most likely throw something at the TV!

Image Image

ImageImage

Thu Jul 16, 2009 3:07 pm
Profile E-mail

It does sound really awful on the ad but I would like to point out that those gossip mags create out there titles to get people to buy the magazine and read it so lets not judge until we read what the article is actually about! If the title is a good reflection of what the article is about then we can call her all the names under the sun for being such a selfish b***h.

Thu Jul 16, 2009 7:52 pm
Profile E-mail

Hi Nat, I know what you mean. My hubby said the same thing that the mags say what they want to get you to buy them. I couldn't help myself and bought a copy the other day. Its not quite as bad as the ad said but it is still pretty bad. Basically she discovered that she was pregnant (unplanned) and she would have to give up her netball career, etc. I still think that she is not reflected in a very good light. How many of us are desperate to get pregnant and can't and how many of us if we do have miscarriages or a stillbirth. I guess until you go through something like we have you expect to get pregnant if you want and you will have a happy and healthy baby. Unfortunately for a lot of us that is not the case. I would love to be in Julie Seymour's shoes and it would certainly not end my dreams it would be a dream come true. I would do anything to have a carefree pregnancy and happy baby.

Thu Jul 16, 2009 10:01 pm
Profile E-mail

Hi Sarah, stupid magazines aye? I remeber reading this littles magazine that was saying how fantastic it was that this couple decided to wait till they were morgage free at 40yrs to start TTC so they could enjoy there lifestyle and have a family! It went on to say she got pregnant first try and went on to have 2 healthy children. Made me very frustrated that they praised her so much because ther are so many people that if they choose he same thing wouldnt have the same outcome...
Anyway wanted to let you know ive been thinking of you and I Hope your coping ok.
Debs

Thu Jul 16, 2009 10:35 pm

It's a very very very late reply sarahjane! So sorry! I didn't get round to reading the article in the end but from what you said sounds like she was being a bit of a cow.

Hope you are doing ok!

:)

Sat Aug 08, 2009 10:28 pm
Profile E-mail