It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 9:26 pm

How Shud i answer When Asked if I have Children? 

Post How Shud i answer When Asked if I have Children?
i had a miscarriage in february so im still coping with the loss... it was my first baby after 6yrs of trying... it was the happiest week but the saddest of them all... i guess i could say it was my bitter sweet. i found out i was pregnant on jan31st. and by feb 3 i lost my baby... it was a very emotional time having many emotions in such a few days.. well back to my original question: how should i answer when asked if i have any children?
i feel like saying no will in a sence be denying the most precious thing that ever happened. but i also dont want them to feel sorry for me or akward not nowing how to respond to my situation.
i also want to know if it would be ok to name the baby... we name our toys as kids and we name our pets so why wouldnt my flesh and blood have a name right?
but then i feel like naming a baby when i was only 4weeks pregant might be a lil too much for people to understand. after all every woman who has been in my shoes knows there is a controversy with people saying its not really a baby in the first trimester. and they see it as possibility... as for me that was my baby no matter how small it was

Tue Apr 05, 2011 7:42 pm
Profile E-mail

Post Re: How Shud i answer When Asked if I have Children?
Hi Mommy2AngelBaby, I'm so sorry to hear of your loss :bighug: I guess it comes down to how you feel about it really. I personally don't mention my angel baby when strangers ask me about my children, but it's not because I don't want them to feel uncomfortable. More that it just dredges up painful emotions for me really. And I don't feel like I'm denying her existence because we remember her in other ways, and always celebrate her birthday.

With regards to naming your baby, it's your baby, you have the right to name him/her if you want to!!! I wouldn't care what other people say. People say some stupid, hurtful things at times.

Big hugs to you xx

Wed Apr 06, 2011 10:00 am