It is currently Tue Apr 30, 2024 9:05 am

New month - new hope 

Post New month - new hope
Just wanted to say that I feel very glad today that it is now October and September 2005 is over - the month that I will always remember as the month in which I lost my baby. Strange really what dates have significance. Even felt inspired to take the dog for a walk and get a few cookbooks out of the library. Has anyone else thought about trying to get a bit healthier before TTC again?

Sat Oct 01, 2005 8:37 pm

Yes I am trying to get healthier aint suceeding very well at the moment thou :(

Sat Oct 01, 2005 9:28 pm
Profile YIM

Hmm.. I'm a bit of a binge eater when I get stressed :oops: so that hasn't helped me so far since the mc but I'm determined to do better from now on even if just for my two boys. I have bought myself a pedometer and will try to plan ahead in terms of meals rather than just get to the end of the day and stare in the fridge hopelessly. I've also bought some spirulina that I've heard is great for general health. Because my GP and I feel that I lost my baby because I was so sick (and had a fever for 3 days!!!) during implantation, I am determined to be more healthy before we TTC in December.

Help me please !!!! :)

Sat Oct 01, 2005 9:37 pm

I like your thoughts about the new month. Maybe October will bring me better luck. As for pre-ttc, yes a started walking every morning (on the beach-sorry) and that was very good exercise. I went with my sil and we had a good natter and then a coffee. It really improved my spirits and my fitness. I highly recommend walking, as well as of course taking your vitamins and folic acid. I have not walked much since I started work and I miss it. I must go today.
Jenn

ImageImage

Sat Oct 01, 2005 11:52 pm

I have been really wanting to get fitter and healthier, but I am more prone to holeing up in the house when I am down and depressed, plus am really lazy. My attitiude is getting better towards excersise tho, or i am getting bored of not giong out too much, one or the other.

I will take a good walk today.

Plus I am at the nurse for smoking on Monday, I hope these sessions help.

A new month a new hope x

That's Me!

Sun Oct 02, 2005 12:43 am

Since we have been ttc'ing for this baby, I have been out going for walks everyday that it hasn't been raining. I think its a good idea to get fit, but I must say, I don't I was super fit for my last two pregnancies.

October is a new month for us too, with new hopes and dreams. At some point we will be buring our little baby on the plt of land in Christchurch, so that will be hard.

~*Mummy to now SIX angels ~ I miss you my babies ~

Sun Oct 02, 2005 11:21 am
Profile E-mail

I wish you all the best for your move and the new start. I moved house quite a bit after leaving university and getting married and I always loved the feeling of starting over. In May this year, we moved into a newer, bigger home in the same suburb and I am actually quite content. I even like the idea of staying put for a while - planting some roots. I hope you find the same sense of peace in your new home. :)

Sun Oct 02, 2005 10:50 pm

Thanks everyone for your thoughts on new beginnings. This is very much my feeling now as we have just passed Maria's due date.
I've been trying to be healthy too although not doing that well with it...
Have been taking vitamins and folic acid, trying to drink heaps of water. I'm hopeless at motivating myself to exercise so have joined a yoga class which starts in a couple of weeks. I've found that on days when I feel really down, it's hard to exercise - I guess for all of us our emotional health is an important thing to take care of!!

Mon Oct 03, 2005 5:14 pm

I'm glad you feel more positive after your special weekend remembering Maria. Best of luck with the yoga classes!!!

Claire :)

Tue Oct 04, 2005 8:43 pm

Good to hear you sounding positive about this month.

I am enjoying trying to have a healthy focus - it takes some of the "obsession" away from TTC. DH and I are going to the gym 3 nights a week, and I walk a couple of mornings a week (on the beach too :wink: ). We generally eat healthily, and I have lost a total of 8.5kg in the last 3 1/2 months that we have been in Oz - 5 of this due to hyperemesis when I was preggers.

Angel 18 Aug 05 @ 12 weeks, EDD 1 Mar 05
Waiting for 2 lines...

Fri Oct 07, 2005 11:22 am