It is currently Fri Apr 19, 2024 10:57 pm

What to do... 
Site Admin

Post What to do...
It's Trinitys 3rd birthday next week and I haven't decided on anything to do. It's on a Thursday so a bit hard for people who work, especially Mum and Corey bothin new jobs (Ok, so Coreys is newish, not quite been there a year). Corey said he might be able to come home for lunch but I don't want it to be a rushed thing. I also don't know if I want to make a big thing of it, but that makes me feel guilty, each year what we do seems to get smaller and smaller, one minute it bothers me and the next it doesn't so much. I could do something on Saturday but I have a friend whos boy is turning one and she's invited us to Crystal Mountain, she said she understands if we don't go because she knows we may do something on Saturday for Trinity, but, well, I don't know. I also work on Sunday, I work from home but I just won't be able to relax. I'm not sure if I'm thinking of all these things to help me procrastinate, or, what???.....grrrr...I just don't know. My other thought was, and this is a bit different, I wondered if any of you girls would like to come to my place on Thursday (19th) for a bit of a brunch/lunch pot luck, mini balloon release and any family that can make it then ask any family that can't make it to light a candle and maybe get a balloon to them to release at a certain time maybe with something to say? Would anyone here be interested, what do you think Mum? I haven't even run it by Corey yet so not sure if it'll go down like a led balloon or if it'll fly so to speak...........
Help, any thoughts? ideas? I'm getting a bit anxious about it.

ImageImage

Tue Jun 10, 2008 8:52 am
Profile E-mail

Aww Manda, huge hugs sweetie, I love the idea of a pot luck lunch and the balloon release. Unfortunatley I wont be able to make it up there as we go to aussie that weekend :( , but I would love to be part of your balloon release and candle lighting from here, let me know what time you want Trinity's balloon released and I will do it :cry: . I am a bit the same way, in that I dont quite know what to do for Julia's birthday, it was hard last year as I was hard at work with the calves and milking, so kinda feel like I let her down by not doing anything for her, plus it didnt help that I couldnt get to Hastings that weekend to be with her :( . I see that this year Julia's birthday is on a Monday and seeing as how there is no way that I will be working this year I will :crossf: make a trip down there. But anyway back to Trinity and her birthday, had you thought of maybe making it a dinner with the family rather than a lunch that people would have to rush back to work afterwards, with their emotions running high? Just an idea, let me know about the balloon release and I will light a candle on her birthday too.

Tue Jun 10, 2008 9:35 am
Profile E-mail WWW

Amanda, I went through this also with one of Ashley's birthday's. C was on camp and was really upset that she was going to miss A's bday. so we decided that we would celebrate it on the Saturday when we were all together. (as we would with the other kids, if it is during the week, for parties). We went out for brekky, and had a lovely day for her..... I think it is a great idea doing a ballon release/pot luck on the Thursday. Me and Olivia would love to be part of it. and luckily for me it is a day of the week I don't work. We are free after 11am. (sorry her music morning and she loves it) I could carpool out with Emma (if she is still a"round", then).....

Luv Ally

Tue Jun 10, 2008 7:17 pm

Hi Manda, I've not yet reached a birthday yet but I can imagine they would be very anxious times and certainly an important day that you will want to celebrate and remember sweet little Trinity.

Like Carley said, is it possible to have a family dinner celebration Thursday night when you may be able to get more family together? Otherwise I think your idea for a lunch and balloon release during the day sounds lovely, great idea to get members of the family who can't come involved by releasing a balloon as well. That has been one of the most important things for me, to make sure that my family are involved in the important things so that Mia is always remembered.

I'm sure it will be a very nice and special day whatever you choose to do.

Wed Jun 11, 2008 12:06 am

Wish we could be there with you, but we are always thinking of Trinity!
Let me know what time to light a candle and i'll be doing that here too. I have her pink candle i brought 3 years ago in Azerbaijan that I have lit each year, so will be sure to light it again this year.
Also, send me a message about what you are doing re her prezzie so I can arrangae a transfer of moula!
Love ya heaps
xxx

Wed Jun 11, 2008 1:45 am

Sorry I haven't been around much this last week. Still in recovery mode & my brain isn't really funtioning that great yet.

I so wish I could be there for you on Thurs next week, but 1st week in new job just isn't going to work. I really think you should go to Crystal Mountain, maybe I could meet you out there & get something special for Trinity from there. No matter where we are I always think of her everyday anyway. Don't stress yourself, whatever you do is going to work out fine.

Love you always
Mum xoxo

Wed Jun 11, 2008 11:27 am
Profile E-mail YIM

I think the Thurs idea is lovely, and yep,would be happy to bring Ally and Olivia over after music coz we go to music with them too. I promise I will still be in one piece (fingers crossed).

www.babiesonline.com/babies/m/mayadavis
www.babiesonline.com/babies/g/gremlins

Wed Jun 11, 2008 2:40 pm
Site Admin

Ok so Thursday is on, I guess I better inform Corey :oops:
Just an informal lunch, say from 11ish - 1ish, bring a small plate?
TLO ladies and kidlets are invited, just post here to let me know you're coming, let me know if you need my address.
I'll get 3 ballons done, if you'd like to release a balloon of your own then feel free to bring one too, I'll be doing pink, so if you do bring one could I ask it be a different colour?

Shells, just knowing there is a candle burning on the other side of the world for her is heartwarming, so whenever you can manage it, perhaps you could take a pic of you and Mr Shells with it?

If I think of anything else I'll let you know, or if you have any ideas or thoughts, I'd love to hear them.

ImageImage

Wed Jun 11, 2008 2:58 pm
Profile E-mail

The gremlins and I will bring a yellow and a purple balloon if someone tells me where to get them from?

Ally - will sort out details with you before next week and we can leave straight from music. Prob best to take my car coz the gremlins are still in carseats, Olivia can go in Maya's booster seat if you like?

Thu Jun 12, 2008 11:51 am

I would love to come and celebrate Trinity's special day with you - What a lovely idea. I will bring a purple balloon, and a plate. Might see if Lisa is coming - might be able to share the trip?

Can you PM your details, so I know where to come.

Look forward to catching up.

Take Care

Sun Jun 15, 2008 3:11 pm
Profile E-mail

It just so happens that I will be on the shore on Thursday as Sands is doing a talk in the trainee midwives class at AUT. So I should be able to pop in for lunch, which would be great, both to share Trinity's birthday and to catch up with all you ladies.

I am not sure if I will manage a balloon but will bring a plate anyway. Can you also PM me and remind me what your address is? Thanks.

Sun Jun 15, 2008 8:30 pm

OK so I might be knocked back to a maybe at this stage. Have been having contractions since Fri night which aren't apparently doing anything except make me very, very grumpy and uncomfortable so I am hibernating. Am hoping my midwife will be back this afternoon coz the backup one is a PITA and she will be able to do something to sort it coz I cannot go on like this.
Will let you know either way Manda, sorry :(

Mon Jun 16, 2008 12:20 pm

Hi honey, I have Radiation booked for 11.10 but could make my way there after that with Cort, will see if Yvonne and I can car pool (she mailed me bout that) and if she would mind looking after Bub while I had it, means we would be there about 12 the latest. is that ok?
Will txt ya and Yvonne and see.

Mon Jun 16, 2008 2:34 pm
Profile WWW
Site Admin

Thats fine Lisa, it will just be awsome to see you and Cortybum.

It looks like Corey has the day off after all and his Mum and 2 of his sisters will be there. I still want you all to come, i had this idea rolling around in my head for a bit anyway.

Emma, theres a place that does ballons on Wairau rd, thats where I'll be getting ours, perhaps if anyone want balloons and doesn't know where to get them you can pm me and I can pick them up? I might as well while I'm there aye :wink: Just let me know what colour/s. Don't stress if you can't make it, just take care of youself and that bubba, it will be nice to see you, but your's and bubs wellbeing are more important. By the way, I gave Mum the Bumbo to give to you when she goes dancing on Mon night but Mummy has been a bit sicky, so didn't go, perhaps next week? Thank you so much for the loan. And, Yes, this means my big oy is sitting on his own finally, started a couple of weeks ago.

Hopefully the weather will clear before then.

I'll pm anyone who has asked for my address later, gotta go put the monster boy to bed. Poor lad, not only is he teething he has an ingrown toenail, ouch.

Oh, make sure if you're bringing a plate that it's small, the MIL has a tendancy to bring too much food, and it's not about the food :lol:

ImageImage

Mon Jun 16, 2008 2:47 pm
Profile E-mail

Yay, go Gabriel! Yep, Rae just dropped it off, gave me a fright lol coz I wasn't expecting her! Wet, horrible rainy weather to be out in.

Back in hospital today but baby is happy in there so fingers crossed she'll behave till Thurs coz I really wanna come. Would be great if you could get a yellow and a purple or lilac balloon for us while you're getting yours, I can just pay you for them when I get there or transfer the $$$ whatever is easiest for you.

Will PM Ally to see if she wants a ride.

Mon Jun 16, 2008 8:43 pm

PS. Forgot to say thanks for the bibs too! :D

Mon Jun 16, 2008 8:44 pm

Can you get me a balloon, and I'll fix you up when we get there - just had a thought, as I have never done a balloon release before - they probably need to be helium, don't they??? :roll: I am not sure of where they do them out here. Any colour will do purple, aqua.....

Lisa and

Looking forward to sharing Trinitiy's day with you and your family :) . BTW, Lisa and I have managed to touch base and we are coming together after her treatment.

C U Then
Yvonne

Mon Jun 16, 2008 10:24 pm
Profile E-mail

Do you mind another at Trinity's party? I've done what I needed to do Thursday early so I am free and would love to come.

If you can manage another please pm me your address.

Cheers

Tue Jun 17, 2008 1:03 pm

Manda, I am still in too, just waiting to hear back from Claire, as I am looking after Zoe for the morning on that day, as her and Alana have a meeting at North Shore Hosp.

Can you please get me a purple balloon too and I will fix you up when I get there.

Cheers Ally

Tue Jun 17, 2008 3:04 pm
Site Admin

Oh I didn't realise that Claire was going to the meeting too, she can come too if she likes :) Could be a bit of a crowd :) Hope it's a nice day.

Tania, sure you can come, I just need to pm people my addy, I will, I promise, I'm just doing a bit of tidying, will pm tonight or this avo if Loralei lets me. Did you want a balloon?

ImageImage

Tue Jun 17, 2008 3:31 pm
Profile E-mail
Site Admin

ETA - I'll just order balloons for everyone who is coming.

ImageImage

Tue Jun 17, 2008 3:34 pm
Profile E-mail
Site Admin

Ok, so here's what I've ordered as far as balloons, they're $3 each. let me know if I've missed anyone.

Ally - Purple
Tania - Purple
Yvonne - Purple
Emma - Purple & Yellow
Lisa - 2x Purple
Alana - Purple
Claire W - 1x Purple 1x Blue
Jacqui - 1x Blue

ImageImage

Tue Jun 17, 2008 4:09 pm
Profile E-mail

So wish I could be there Manda! Will be definitely thinking of you and your family.

xox

Tue Jun 17, 2008 5:41 pm
Profile E-mail WWW

No fair...I sooooooooooo wanna come......Manda, I am going to ask my new boss ever so nicely tomorrow if I can have an hour or so extra off at lunchtime Thurs....I'm pretty sure when she knows the reason she will say yes.

Love you
Mum xoxox

PS Could you also get a balloon for me too if you can do another one, yellow for sunshine of course!

Tue Jun 17, 2008 5:45 pm
Profile E-mail YIM

Tue Jun 17, 2008 8:23 pm