It is currently Sat Mar 30, 2024 12:06 am

Lost for words 

Post Lost for words
I am totally lost for words here.

I found out a few weeks ago that a woman I work with (in a round about way) had a baby 4 years ago and he is was stillborn due to a cord accident at 25 weeks.

He will always be her 1st born.

We were talking and found out that we worked at the same place - she started a month after I finished.

She had him while she was still working here and when she went back to work her boss (who was mine too) said to her "oh well these things happen and you have to get over it"

OMG I was lost for words. How dare she say that to someone who has just lost her baby jsut to get over it.

Now I know for me I have never been in that situation but I have lost a baby, the baby may have only been cells but it was still a baby and I would hate for someone to say that to me if I had another MC.

Seriously are some people that hurtful or do some just not think before they speak???

Andrew (23/04/04)
Joshua (14/02/07) our little valentine
and an angel in heaven (20/10/01)

Sun Feb 08, 2009 11:13 pm

Post Re: Lost for words
smurf_girl wrote:
Seriously are some people that hurtful or do some just not think before they speak???

yep there are some people like that out there. I was in the supermarket a few days after I got out from hospital after we lost Georgia. I ran into the wife of one of the managers at work and she said that she was sorry for our loss and that "its natures way of getting rid of something that was not quite right"!! OMG I could have punched her. My GG was perfect in every single way. It was the placenta that didnt do its job. I havent really spoken to her since then and try and avoid her when she comes into work. Other comments I had were "oh well, it was not ment to be" and "well you can always try again" - excuse me?? Georgia can not be replaced.....
Unfortunatly people think they are saying something that will comfort you, but I think it would be better if some people didnt say anything at all.

Image Image

ImageImage

Mon Feb 09, 2009 6:08 pm
Profile E-mail