It is currently Fri May 03, 2024 1:52 am

Hi all you guys :) 

Post Hi all you guys :)
Hi guys,i was pointed here by a few at the everybody site here in NZ,what great sites these are.
Our story was a long and unusual one
http://www2.everybody.co.nz/cgi-bin/ubb ... 9;t=000956
Heres a link so i dont have to drill myself again by retyping and remembering more.
Im a little numb from all this as of late,and feel im not being there for the Mrs,which i feel bad for.
Im trying to get my proverbial together for her,doing my best as they say.
Still dont know what and how to feel some days,but i never forget my womans feelings are more important than mine,thats just the way i am,and sometimes it can be a bad thing.
Just a quick question,i saw your lovely candle room a day or so after our lad left us,i put in his info to have it posted ,but havnt been able to show the Mrs yet as i dont think its been loaded,or maybe i was mena to to register here first??
I thought it was such a nice gesture for the people who put this site together,very touching......
Well,im not good for words today,things have been a bit hairy over the last few days,im sure things will get better.
Please dont think im being rude by not posting more,just i have had to explain our story so many times in person,that even typing the experiance gets me lumpy in the throat.
I will be back here now and again,and will see if i can get the Mrs to have a read here,i think it may do her some good.
Thanks so much guys.Be safe and enjoy life :)
Jason

Tue Nov 08, 2005 10:05 am

I read your story and it moved me to tears. You and V have been through alot and my heart and prayers go out to the both of you.
I too have lost a son. My son Tyler was stillborn at 35.5 weeks gestation due to an amniotic band wrapping around his cord and cutting off his blood and oxygen supply. He was born May 20, 2005 and after 5 months since his passing, I'm still dealing with some rough days, and also some not so rough days.
I have found much comfort and support from others on this board and come here often to share my feelings and my fears with them. They truely understand the meaning of loss!!
I hope you and V find as much comfort as possible here. Let V know, that everyone here is a loving and caring person, and voices there concerns in nonjudmental ways. I would love to help V in anyway I can.
Sending you my thoughts and prayers
Bridget

Tue Nov 08, 2005 12:35 pm

Welcome Jason and V. I am so sorry for your loss. I hope you find this site as supportive as I have and I hope that V feels up to joining us too sometime. I too lost my first child, Nicole on May 16th. As Bridget said, every day is a struggle, but we are here for you when you need us.
It is nice to have a male perspective sometimes, so I hope you continue to frequent the board.
Jenn

ImageImage

Tue Nov 08, 2005 12:56 pm
Site Admin

Welcome to our site, I'm glad you came, although I wish we never had a reason for sites like this. I'm so sorry for your loss of precious Laan. I'm sorry your candle hasn't been put up, I'm not sure why but we never received the request. Could you put another request in and I'll make sure I look out for it and get DH to put it up asap. I have been thinking of you and V and wondering how you have been getting on. I do hope that V comes and visits us, she will find so much support and understanding from people who know just what she, and you, is going through. My thoughts are with you, take care, Manda.....

ImageImage

Wed Nov 09, 2005 2:35 pm
Profile E-mail

Hope you find the love and support you need here.

I am Kim, I have 2 girls Rebecca and Sophie, 1 angel son Thomas who was stillborn at 34 weeks and 4 angels babies we lost due to miscarriages.

Huggles

Kim

Wed Nov 09, 2005 4:51 pm
Profile YIM

I have been meaning to do so,but have been flat-tack all week.
I did stop in and see the candle room,i dont know who to thank,but thank you very much,me and the wife were very touched.Id like to know if i could make a donation to the site and its costs if possible,it wont be much as i dont have alot,but id still like ti help,you guys and this site are a great help.
I feel a little out of place posting at a site that is more geared towards or has more women members than men,but ive been the odd bloke out before,nothing new :)
Veronica is doing ok,we have our moments,as you all know its gonna happen.She feels alot of guilt,which i cant understand,she fought so hard for so long so im lost.
Anyway i just wanted to stop in and voice my thanks,veronicas and babys for the place in the candle room.
Oh,when i showed V,she said we had a still birth??Not a MC,please educate this guy gals :)
If i am wrong,(which i think i may be on Laan's age also) is there any way that can be edited at all,sorry to be a pain in the hiney....
Thanks again,and for your replies and words of support,you dont know how good it is to know we arent alone,although we feel that way sometimes.
(we need flower emoticons :) )
Lots of flowers to you all :)
Jason and V

Thu Nov 17, 2005 3:58 am

Hi - it is great that you have joined us, I had read your story about a week before you posted on this site. You guys have had such a hard time. Sorry that you've had reason to join us here.

My name is Alana, I live in Auckland and am mum to Joel (2) and Maria who was stillborn in June at 24 weeks.

Give our love to V and tell her she is welcome to join us any time.
Alana

P.S. if you guys are interested in coming to any SANDS support group meetings, they are held on the first Saturday of every month in Onehunga. They are another great way of talking about our angels with others who understand and who will listen and cry with us. My husband and i have found them so helpful as there are quite a few guys who attend.

Thu Nov 17, 2005 8:41 am
Site Admin

Nice to hear from you again.
Firstly about the donation, the costs are minmal to keep the site running, so please, thank you for the offer but we are just glad to have been able to do something, we found it difficult to find any support when we lost Trinity and it wasn't until DH put up this site that we found the help we needed (we found friends and also found sands, thanks Ally), so if we have helped even just a few then the site has done what we hoped. If you are wanting to make donations though and you don't mind me making suggestions, perhaps you could look at SANDS or contacting Jacqui (angelbaby) who with her DH has set up the Angels Forever trust (sorry Jacqui, hope you don't mind me putting that in there). Thank you again for the offer.
Secondly, don't even worry about being the odd bloke out, it's nice to get a male perspective, you guys have feelings too and it takes a special guy to share his feelings especially on a bulletin board, the site is geared towards anyone who needs it.
And thirdly, no worries about editing the candle details, I'll get DH to change it tonight, if you wanted to edit anything else just send an e-mail through the link on the main page, or send me a private message and I can pass it on to him. (I'll also talk to him about the flower emoticons :D ).
Last but not at all least, as Alana said, give our love to V and let her know she is more than welcome to join us whenever she wants.
Take care.
Manda.

ImageImage

Thu Nov 17, 2005 9:31 am
Profile E-mail

i'm sorry i'm a bit late (i've done a bit of a weird kind of a catch up)

I'm so sorry you lost your darling boy. I just read your story it's just so sad it really moved me. I am glad you have come here i'm sure it will be a great support and comfort for you, i know it has me.

Jase i think it's great that you are able to share with us on here and V please feel welcome to join in anytime. It is very relaxed and comfortable. Grief is such a long painful and weird process that is wonderful to have a place like this to come to and not feel so alone.

Lots of Love and big Hugs to you both

Nikki x

That's Me!

Thu Nov 17, 2005 11:07 am