It is currently Fri May 03, 2024 11:00 am

another vent 

Post another vent
Why is it, as the holidays approach, people become stupid and think that it should be easy to celebrate despite the fact that a child is missing from the festivities???

Today Josh and I got home to find a message on our answering machine from an old highschool friend (josh and I went to highschool together, so we share alot of the same friends). Anyhow, our friend just flew in from seattle and he and his wife want to get together with us tomorrow night (the 23rd) to catch up. I have no problem with this (they have no children!!)

But as the message continues, he also says that Mike (another highschool friend) is also in town with his wife, and they want to come over and see us and catch up with us & show off their new twins!!!!! Now last christmas Josh and I did have a get together with mike and his wife and of course we were pg at the same time and actually due 2 weeks apart.

Why on earth would I want to see their twins the day before the holiday begins and put myself through the torment and hurt just before xmas??? Both mike and Brad (the one who called) know that we have lost a son. Why would you want to bring the hurt back by showing off twin boys the same age as your friends dead son????Makes no sense to me.

I guess as we all know, some people just don't think. Needless to say, I'm not going to be "catching up" with them over this holiday.

Sorry for the long vent. Feel a little better now that I got that off my chest. Saves me from having to yell at Josh LOL!!!

Bridget

Fri Dec 23, 2005 9:33 am

Yeah you are right, some people just don't think. I'm sorry you had to deal with this so close to Christmas. I have come across the attitude where people think that because you have lost your baby, you must want to hold other babies. My 2 best friends had babies just after we lost Maria and they were always asking me if I wanted to hold them, I think they thought they were being nice and it would make me feel better. But it was the last thing I wanted to do and I eventually had to tell them that I didn't want to. I guess people who haven't suffered a loss just don't understand.

Fri Dec 23, 2005 9:39 am

Some people just have no common sense, it's sad really.
I'm sorry that you have to deal with something like this at a time when things are hard enough as it is.

Take care Bridget
Jacqui

Image Image

Fri Dec 23, 2005 1:30 pm

I am constantly amazed at how some people have no idea how hard this is on us. I am so sorry Bridget (also sorry I didn't reply sooner-been away :) ) I found people asking me about my trip to Canada difficult, b/c they were all focusing on how nice it will be to be with your family-true, but that isnot why we came really, we hadn't seen Nicole's headstone or been with her phyiscally in months. I have stopped talking about my thoughts with most people except you guys (and dh of course).

ImageImage

Mon Dec 26, 2005 1:05 am