It is currently Fri May 03, 2024 1:47 am

We're famous - kinda 
Site Admin

Post We're famous - kinda
I don't think I'd mentioned this here, but a few weeks ago I was interviewed by The Herald on Sunday about Trinity for The Nurture Foundation and TASS (the Auckland Stillbirth Study). Well, it's in todays (Dec 10) Sunday Herald. It's in the Extra insert on page 20, but you can't really miss it, the picture is huge (and I look a little plump in it). I'm pretty proud actually, hopefully it reaches more people that feel alone after losing a baby, spreads the word and increases peoples understanding so it's not so much of a taboo topic.

Hope you are all well.

ImageImage

Sun Dec 10, 2006 10:20 am
Profile E-mail

Oooh, I'll have to go find it - might actually get to READ today's paper instead of just paying for it to get delivered straight into the recycle pile...

www.babiesonline.com/babies/m/mayadavis
www.babiesonline.com/babies/g/gremlins

Sun Dec 10, 2006 10:28 am

Manda...Are you able to scan it and put it on here for those of us who live in other far away places?????

Bridget

Sun Dec 10, 2006 11:41 am

I just read it. Maya was a bit surprised to see Loralei in the paper lol (btw her hair looks gorgeous as usual). I think it's a very well done piece, and like you said, if it helps raise awareness and promote understanding then thats awesome. I showed it to Willie too, he was a bit puzzled as to how Maya knew the baby in the paper (he has NO idea what I do online lol) and he was nearly in tears.

www.babiesonline.com/babies/m/mayadavis
www.babiesonline.com/babies/g/gremlins

Sun Dec 10, 2006 11:51 am

I saw it Amanda. Like you said you can't really miss it. You look great and Lorelai look gorgeous as usual. Yip hopefully it will reach a few people who don't realise there is support out there.

Well done on a beautiful story.

Sun Dec 10, 2006 1:08 pm
Site Admin

Aww thanks guys. Bridget, I'll have to take it into a copy shop because it won't fit on the scanner, well I don't think so anyway, I'll give it a try soon, but will get it done for you all to see.

ImageImage

Sun Dec 10, 2006 3:14 pm
Profile E-mail
Site Admin

Heres the article, theres a strip missing down the side but it's just half of me, part of the title 'I knew something was wrong' and a little splurb aboutt he pic that goes Amanda Jull with baby Loralei who will never know her big sister Trinity'. I din't make it smaller because you wouldn't be able to read it. Oh, of course they mispelt my name (why do they always do that???) it Jull not Julls, and they've said we buried Trinity but as you know we had her cremated.

ImageImage

Sun Dec 10, 2006 4:21 pm
Profile E-mail

Oh...Big tears streaming down my face now. Makes me think back to last year! I'm glad you did the story....I do hope it reaches out to others who face the same devastation that we all have. Thanks for sharing Manda. You and Loralei look great.

Bridget

Sun Dec 10, 2006 4:57 pm

What a great article. It amazes me how alike our stories are. It still stings so much.
Jenn

ImageImage

Mon Dec 11, 2006 3:31 am

thanks for sharing that - is an awesome story - still brings tears to my eyes...

~*Mummy to now SIX angels ~ I miss you my babies ~

Mon Dec 11, 2006 9:48 am
Profile E-mail

Wow - that is a fantastic article Manda, thanks for sharing with us and New Zealand. Loralei looks so cute as per usual and you look great too.

Will get my DH to read the article as well - I'm not sure he understands what I do on the computer either Emma but he knows it's important to me so I guess that's all I can ask :)

Mon Dec 11, 2006 10:02 am

Awsome article Manda, thank you for putting it out there.

Take care
Jacqui

Image Image

Mon Dec 11, 2006 12:44 pm

Great article Manda, thanks for posting it.
Fab pic too!

my angel Chloé
Aidan Image

Mon Dec 11, 2006 3:59 pm

Good on you for putting it out there ... awesome

Mon Dec 11, 2006 9:21 pm
Profile YIM

I'm a new user to your site. I live in Rotorua and my lovely Mum sent your atricle down to me, as we lost our precious wee angel Julia Rose-Joy at 26weeks, only 6 weeks ago. [smilie=bluecolorz5_pdt_07.gif] It is through you article that I found your website and I just want to say THANK YOU!! this is exaxctly the kind of site I have been searching for. A place to chat with other people who have been through similar experiences.Thank you once again for having the courage to tell your stories. They are heartwarming to read.
Carley

Thu Dec 14, 2006 8:55 pm
Profile E-mail WWW

Welcome Carley - I'm so glad you found us and what a great mum you must have!

I'm so very sorry to hear of your recent loss - what a pretty name your daughter has.

My name is Claire and I miscarried my third child last September.

In case you're interested I thought I would mention another website a number of us visit called www.everybody.co.nz. It also has a forum with a stillborn and neonatal loss section and a lot of lovely ladies who have been through similar losses to yours.

Sending you (((((big hugs)))))

Claire

Thu Dec 14, 2006 9:51 pm

Thanks Claire, I will definitely check out that other site tomorrow when my four year old son is at kindy. It has been wonderful looking through this site and I have shed a few tears today reading the stories and the wonderful poems.
Carley
P.S I have designed one of those counter boxes on snugglepie.com do you know how I attach them to messages that I post?

Thu Dec 14, 2006 10:08 pm
Profile E-mail WWW

Just go into your profile and find the signature section. Enter the url the snugglepie website gives you and your counter box should show up at the bottom of all your posts.

Claire :)

Thu Dec 14, 2006 10:20 pm

I am so sorry that you had to come here, but you are in good company as the women here are fantastic and so strong and supportive. My name is Jennifer and I lost my daughter Nicole in May 2005 at 39.5 weeks for unknown reasons. I have since given birth to a little boy Matthew in July 2006, a dream come true.

I look forward to getting to know you better.
Jenn

ImageImage

Fri Dec 15, 2006 1:20 am
Site Admin

Well, you know my story so I won't go into that again.

Welcome to our site, but (as I said in the e-mail) I am so sorry you have a reason to be here. What a beautiful name for your beautiful wee girl.

Quote:
this is exaxctly the kind of site I have been searching for. A place to chat with other people who have been through similar experiences

...That is the exact reason we created the site, having the support and understanding of someone who has been through a similar loss is invaluable. Come here whenever you need to, nothing you say is wrong, and we all understand what you are going through, so you can rant and rave all you like.

Looking forward to getting to know you and Julia Rose-Joy better.

Take care.

ImageImage

Fri Dec 15, 2006 8:26 am
Profile E-mail

My name is Lauriel and Sunday is the 4 month anniversary of my little angel Chloé.
Welcome on this forum.
Feel free to vent at any time, I know I do!!

Hugs

my angel Chloé
Aidan Image

Fri Dec 15, 2006 8:30 am

Thank you all for your wonderful welcomes. I can see that I am in good company here. I will definitely be using this site often as a way to get my feelings out there. Lauriel I will be thinking of you and Chloe on Sunday and knw that my thoughts are with you
Carley

Fri Dec 15, 2006 9:08 am
Profile E-mail WWW

Thanks Manda for posting the article - I'd missed hearing about it so was glad to see it. Do you know much about the stillbirth study, how do we get involved?

Mon Dec 18, 2006 2:46 pm
Site Admin

I don't know alot about the study :oops: I probably should since I did the article. I've just had a look on the Nurture foundation website http://www.nurture.org.nz/default.aspx and it doesn't really say alot there either. Claire may know a bit more than I do.

ImageImage

Mon Dec 18, 2006 4:05 pm
Profile E-mail

Hi Alana, I think they are doing the study on pregnant mums, there was another article in the Sunday Herald in the same health section, it was on a mum who had had a baby throught IVF (i think), and it also had something about the study in that one, as this lady had been on it also. But yip Claire would be the one to ask.

Luv Ally

Mon Dec 18, 2006 4:36 pm