It is currently Thu May 02, 2024 2:28 pm

Major Melt down 

Post Major Melt down
:( :( :(
I had a major melt down on Friday night ... I couldn't stop crying for my little baby boy. What triggered it off was ... getting my period. I really thought I might be pregnant, because I was 1 week late. I thought that it would be a nice christmas present for the family, to announce a new arrival ... but it was not to be and I freaked out ... or rather cried myself silly.

My husband managed to get me out of the house on saturday, and stop me from spiralling deeper. I was amazed at how overwhelming it all got. I was totally consumed by my grief, it surprised me.

I feel safe telling you all.

Mon Dec 11, 2006 9:11 pm
Profile YIM

Trudy, I am soo sorry it is all still sooo fresh for you. Big hugs to you babe and remember we are here whenever you want to vent, shoulder to cry on whatever it may be.

Huggles
Kim

Mon Dec 11, 2006 10:18 pm
Profile YIM

Sending you ((((( BIG BIG HUGS))))) Trudy. I'm glad you feel safe coming here and talking about your little boy.

I can only imagine how hard it must be coming up to Christmas and the "silly" season. I have all my crossables crossed that 2007 is your year for TTCing.

Please feel free to come here and vent anytime. We are always here to listen and support.

Take care.

Claire

Mon Dec 11, 2006 10:40 pm

my angel Chloé
Aidan Image

Mon Dec 11, 2006 10:55 pm

I know how disappointing it can be when AF comes. I was all consumed with the thought of getting pregnant after losing Nicole and I cried each month when it came as well. It will happen for you. Are you charting your cycle? I found this helped me.

Hang in there, I hope 2007 is your year.

Jenn

ImageImage

Tue Dec 12, 2006 12:14 am

I know how hard it can be at this time of year especially when your hoping that you will get pregnant.
We are all here for you and I'm glad you feel safe coming here.
Take care
Jacqui

Image Image

Last edited by angelbaby on Tue Dec 12, 2006 11:08 am, edited 1 time in total.

Tue Dec 12, 2006 8:35 am

It is very hard dealing with trying to concieve again....and with the holidays being so close..I'm sure it's even double the pain. Hang in there....Like Jenn said, maybe 2007 will be your year.

We're all here to listen when you need us.
Bridget

Tue Dec 12, 2006 8:47 am
Site Admin

(((HUGS))) Trudy. TTC after a loss is a long hard rollercoaster but all worth it in the end. I'm so sorry your having to deal with the dissapointment of AF at this time of the year. Like Jenn I charted my cycle, it gave me a sense of control and empowerment.

It's ok to cry yourself silly, we've all done it, and still do, just not quite as much. I am so glad you feel comfortable coming here. Like the others have said, we are REALLY all here for you. What you said about being suprised by your grief reminded me about the story 'A Mother without a Child', at the end she says,
Quote:
Even as I struggle with the sadness that the loss of my son has unleashed in my life, I am comforted by the way my grief returns with faithful potency every time I fear I may be forgetting
, it's so true, in a way, when the grief hits me like that it is strangly comforting. After a while for me I've come to be quite matter of fact about my situation when explaining it to others, it almost makes me feel like I'm not emotional about it anymore, but that grief comes when you least expect it,
Quote:
with faithful potency

Anyway, I'm rambling now. Take care of yourself hun, sounds like your DH is helping in that area, nice to hear.

ImageImage

Tue Dec 12, 2006 9:46 am
Profile E-mail

Thank you all for your wisdom and practical advice. It really does feel better sharing ... :) :) :)

Tue Dec 12, 2006 9:03 pm
Profile YIM