It is currently Sat Apr 20, 2024 8:21 pm

Do they see what we don't??? 

Post Do they see what we don't???
I went out to the cemetery yesterday to go and visit TJ, and I took Alyssa with me (she's 4 now). I started crying alittle and alyssa asked me what was wrong. (She know's that her brother died and we talk to her often about him being an angel and living in heaven). I told her I was sad and was missing her little brother, and that it would be nice if he was home with us. She hugged my leg and pointed to the sky and said "mom it's ok, he's right there", I smiled at her and said "Ya I know he's in heaven, I just want him to come home with us so that we can play with him", again she said "but mom He's right there" and kept pointing up into the grey overcasted sky. I didn't really acknowledge her that time and then she said "why don't you pay attention to him there?" and then she stomped off to the car.

As I watched her stand beside our car looking up into the sky, she started waving up to the sky and started talking to Tyler like he was right there. She had a2-3 minute conversation with him. I just stood there next to his grave STUNNED!!!! I kept looking up to see what or who she was talking too, but all I saw was grey sky.

I've often heard that the innocence of a child allowes them to see things we can't see, but can she really see her brother??? On the drive home, I wanted to ask her what her brother looked like, but I thought I didn't want to push the subject.

I talked to josh last night and he thinks I've completely lost my mind....but I swear she was talking to her brother.

Do children really see things that us adults really can't?????

Bridget

Tue Dec 12, 2006 9:02 am
Site Admin

Wow, thats given me chills. I think they do Bridget. Why don't you try asking her what TJ looks like, she might like to talk to you about it. Not long after we lost Trinity my SIL was over with her dd (she was about 1 at the time) and she kept pointing up at the wall, there was nothing there, but she appeared to be ingrossed with whatever was there. I just got that feeling the Trinity was there and that was who she was looking at.

ImageImage

Tue Dec 12, 2006 9:30 am
Profile E-mail

I've always believed that children are able to see what we can't.
I think it's nice that she was able to have a chat with her little brother.

Take care

Image Image

Tue Dec 12, 2006 11:06 am

Tue Dec 12, 2006 11:41 am
Profile E-mail

I believe that children can see things that we can't - have had a couple of instances with Cameron....

Why not try talking to her and asking her the questions you need to - at least you won't be wondering

((hugs))

~*Mummy to now SIX angels ~ I miss you my babies ~

Tue Dec 12, 2006 2:24 pm
Profile E-mail

Wow that sounds amazing Bridget. I agree that you should ask Alyssa a few questions...she'd probably be happy to talk about it with you :)

Tue Dec 12, 2006 2:30 pm

Wow!!! I believe too Bridget! I think you should talk to her, or if it happens again she might not tell you, since she thinks you wont believe her.

Even though Matthew is very young, I have had a few instances where he has been distracted by what seems to be nothing to me. I have asked myself the same question.

I hope they can!

Jenn

ImageImage

Tue Dec 12, 2006 2:37 pm

I believe that to be tru.....i think kids are so innocent that they can see, but we have too much pride to see things sometime or worry wot others think of us to try to see.
I think it would have been a great time to ask what he looked like! I would have be totallt jealous that she could see him and not me!
Maybe that was he que for you to ask away and say hi to his mum and sister

ImageImage
http://lynne1.wordpress.com/

Mon Dec 18, 2006 11:36 pm

Yes I think they do see what we dont, Timothy looks at one certain place on the wall in the lounge and will start giggling and smiling, so I am hoping it is Thomas looking after him.

Tue Dec 19, 2006 9:20 am
Profile YIM

i totally belive that the little ones can see them, my daughter was about 3 at the time when we here lieing in bed.
she was facing the wall and was playing peekaboo and kept asking do u have a duck? over and over and was laughing as if she was talking to sumone ..... when we buried Ryan we gave him a duck i so belive he was there holding his duck so i would know it was him she was playing with i will never forget that day, and also i belive Ryan comes to play as my daughter has sum toys in her room that makes nosies when u polay with them well during the night sumtimes when everyone else isalseep we hear these toys going of its so nice always makes me think of Ryan and all his friends up in heaven playing i know this was a post last year but just wnated to share :)

Tue May 08, 2007 2:40 pm

Wow Ryansmummy - It does sound like your daughter was having a chat with Ryan. How special!!! :love2:

Tue May 08, 2007 8:17 pm