It is currently Sun Apr 21, 2024 12:24 am

this sucks 

Post this sucks
Am feeing really emotional tonight. I'm sitting here with the knowledge that right behind me is a bassinette all set up and ready for a baby that will never be in it. I haven't got the guts to pack it away and i don't know if I ever will, aww s**t the screens all blurry! :tear:
When will this pain cease? It is a constant ache in my heart.

Mon Mar 26, 2007 10:26 pm
Profile E-mail WWW
Site Admin

The pain will never really go away, it's been said hundreds of times here, but it always helps to hear it again, you will learn to live around the pain and it does get easier to bear, it becomes a part of you. It's been 21 months since we lost Trinity and still I have moments where I just want to curl up into a ball and sob. What I wouldn't give to have her back, or just to hold her one more time. Sometimes I can sit and smile when I think of her, other times it's painful, and you can never predict those moments. You will find the strength to put the bassinette away one day, don't rush yourself, or if you really can't bear to look at it then perhaps you can find someone who can out it away for you (I would if I were closer).
If I could just add, there will come a time when you will embrace the pain, the last line of 'A Mother Without a Child' explains it best for me (in the Stories section if you haven't seen it).
Quote:
Even as I struggle with the sadness that the loss of my son has unleashed in my life, I am comforted by the way my grief returns with faithful potency every time I fear I may be forgetting. It is the gaping hole in my life, where my baby and I were supposed to be together, that reminds me that I am still very much his mother. Whatever I fear now, it is not that my grief will never heal. My greatest fear is that it will.

ImageImage

Tue Mar 27, 2007 9:04 am
Profile E-mail

Thanks Manda. I may have to take your advice and get someone to pack the basinette away for me, I just don't know what to do, I have all of this gear that I had for Julia and i don't know what to do with it, do I pack it away in the vain hope that DH might change his mind or do I sell it all on trademe? I just don't know, but i will take my time and think about what to do with it all.I like the line in this story about where the grief returns when the Mum fears she is forgetting. It must have been that way for me as I had had a run of good days , then it just hit me like a ton of bricks.

Tue Mar 27, 2007 10:12 am
Profile E-mail WWW
Site Admin

I say pack the stuff away, or have someone do it for you, until your ready to decide if you want to sell it or not. Who knows how your dh may feel in the future. You certainly don't sound ready to sell it, but you will know when the time comes to make a decision, you never need to sell it if you don't want to. You have to do what is right and comfortable for you. If you sold it theres no going back and getting it if you changed your mind.
Take care (((hugs)))

ImageImage

Tue Mar 27, 2007 12:04 pm
Profile E-mail