It is currently Tue Apr 30, 2024 6:10 am

Grief Support Group 

Post Grief Support Group
Next monday (Calypso's 9 month angel day ironically) starts a grief support group that will meet every monday 6-7:30 for 6 weeks. I've RSVP'd but I'm a bit nervous, so far I'm the only one in the group who's lost a small child. 2 moms have lost adult children and then there are people who've lost spouses.

BUT the lady who is running it flat out said 'I'm not promising to fix you or anytihng like some of those crazy groups will. I'm giving everyone a place to talk about your loss and let your story be known' so it does sound like a good place. I'm kind of intimidated though since I'll be the youngest person there.

Wed Apr 02, 2008 4:05 am

first off huge hugs Melissa, and good on you for having the courage to attend the support group. I felt the same way when I went to my first SANDS meeting, although that is different to the group you are going to where it deals with Still born and neo natal support. I'm sure that the others attending the group will be a great deal of support to you and will help you and be able to give you the love and support that you need. Hugs again Hunny.

Wed Apr 02, 2008 8:36 am
Profile E-mail WWW