It is currently Fri Mar 29, 2024 8:38 pm

dates are drawing closer, how does it feel? 

Post dates are drawing closer, how does it feel?
Hi,
I'm just needing a little insight from anymums that had babies that lived for a little while before passing. We had Jamie at 24 weeks on the 21st june last year and he lived through 54 days of medical struggles and tremendous emotion for me. I'm planning his unveiling for the 21st but feeling anxious that everyday to come between 21 june and 14th august I'll be reliving it all again with raw grief. Its been 9 months and days are so much easier now than the beginning but days still come where saddness and emotion overwhelm me and I withdraw from all around me. I'm wondering if for those days those feelings will linger every day.
I'm making a book from the journal I kept from each and I'm so hoping to have it done by the 21st. Having this and reading each day takes me right back, I can read it and visualise it all so clearly. I wonder if having this to reflect on though beautiful and a tribute to his life will have me revisiting it all.
I'm just wondering if you lost your babies and went through hard days before they passed, on your first aniversary of those dates, how was it for you?

Tue May 12, 2009 3:07 pm

Post Re: dates are drawing closer, how does it feel?
Sorry I can't give you any insight as our situation was different, but want to send you big hugs!!!

Image Image

ImageImage

Last edited by GG's Mum on Wed May 13, 2009 4:56 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Wed May 13, 2009 9:23 am
Profile E-mail

Post Re: dates are drawing closer, how does it feel?
Hey there

We had our wee Liam for 16 days before he passed (on 9 Feb 2008) so can understand your feelings. It is no doubt different for different people, but I found it a really special time to re-visit all those memories on the anniversary of Liam's passing this year. Although it was upsetting, it was also therapeutic in that it made me feel close to him. Shortly after his annivesary this year, I completed a scrapbook of his 16 days which again made me feel very close to him. Yes, it was re-living the memories, but I really felt the need to document everything as although I will never forget the time we had with him - I wanted to keep the memory alive for his nearly 4 year old sister and for our wee Taylor who was born in March this year.

We held a picnic and balloon release on the anniversary and were overwhelmed by the amount of friends and family who wanted to be there with us.

I haven't been able to bring myself to watch the video of his funeral yet and I'm sure one day I will be able to.

I'm not sure if that answers your question, but I hope it helps.

Take care and thinking of you.

Wed May 13, 2009 3:18 pm
Profile E-mail WWW