It is currently Fri Mar 29, 2024 6:58 pm

6 years on and still comments hurt 

Post 6 years on and still comments hurt
hi, i feel so sad today as a childhood friend that i just happened accross on facebook commented that loosing her puppy was like loosing a child. i responded badly and angrily which i guess didn't earn her empathy but was rounded on for my response. why do i after so many years feel so devastated by this silly interaction. what a waste of my energy. this will pull me down for the rest of the week and how does that help. i wish i wasn't so effected by peoples comments. i really tried to tell myself to let it go adn not respond but i didn't want her making that kind of comment to any other grieving mother. lesson learnt i suppose. say nothing, just have a quiet little cry, and move on with less pain. although hopefully she has also learnt what not to say too! sometimes it feels never ending...........i feel so tired now. big hugs to you all

Wed Sep 23, 2009 1:44 pm
Profile E-mail

Post Re: 6 years on and still comments hurt
Oh hun, I would have reacted the same as you. Sorry I dont have any practical advice for you but sending you a big hug! :bighug:

Image Image

ImageImage

Wed Sep 23, 2009 6:31 pm
Profile E-mail

Hun, i think you have ever right to be sad and angry. People just dont realise what they say can hurt people and sometimes people just dont think before they do say stuff and also your friend probably never realised what you had been through and how you would take it.
I always think u feel the pain no matter how long ago it is, but we live with it. I hope this helps!

Thinking of you :)

Wed Sep 23, 2009 8:05 pm

HUGS! i undertand your reaction and would have wanted to do the same. What a stupid thing for someone to say!

Wed Sep 23, 2009 8:07 pm

Honey I hear you - I don't think that with any amount of time makes it any less painful. Don't feel too bad love - i would have reacted the same way (hugs)

~*Mummy to now SIX angels ~ I miss you my babies ~

Wed Sep 23, 2009 11:32 pm
Profile E-mail