It is currently Sat Mar 30, 2024 3:55 am

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 445 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 14, 15, 16, 17, 18  Next
 Carley's pregnancy diary 

Post Re: Carley's pregnancy diary
Congratulations Carley and family, she is absolutely gorgeous! I am so glad that she is here safely.

Thu Dec 11, 2008 4:27 pm

She is so beautiful Carley and you look so happy.

Andrew (23/04/04)
Joshua (14/02/07) our little valentine
and an angel in heaven (20/10/01)

Thu Dec 11, 2008 9:14 pm

Oh Carley, those photos warm the cockles of my heart :) Jessica is gorgeous and you and Phil must be as proud as punch. How is Bayden coping with it all? BTW I know I won't get an answer for a few days...lol.

Thu Dec 11, 2008 9:57 pm
Profile E-mail

Aww she's so gorgeous!! Congratulations hun!! :joy: :joy: :joy:

my angel Chloé
Aidan Image

Thu Dec 11, 2008 10:32 pm

fresh out and shows her weight
One proud Daddy
Having a chat with her drugged up Mummy in recovery!! :rofl:
Super proud big brother
all together now...awwwww...
totally relaxed
finally a photo with her eyes open
If anyone wants to see some c section pics I have them too and can PM them to you

Fri Dec 12, 2008 10:12 pm
Profile E-mail WWW

Oh Carley, she is just gorgeous. Such a cute wee bubs. B looks super proud.

Well done and congrats.

Sat Dec 13, 2008 7:50 am

I can't stop going Awwwww cos she's so cute and Bayden and Phill look so proud!

Well done, hun, she's such a cutie!

my angel Chloé
Aidan Image

Sat Dec 13, 2008 9:04 am

she is yummy I tell you, Bayden looks over the moon, how is he dealing with a sister not a brother?
I would Love section photos I think them are wonderful, I love blood and guts...lol

Sat Dec 13, 2008 9:58 am
Profile WWW

Awwwwwww she's sooooooo beautiful Carley!!!!! I would love to see the c-section pics too!!!!

Sat Dec 13, 2008 10:11 am

She is beautiful. If you are sharing I would love to see the section ones, I have never seen them before.

Andrew (23/04/04)
Joshua (14/02/07) our little valentine
and an angel in heaven (20/10/01)

Sat Dec 13, 2008 10:14 am

hi Lisa and Lan, when I get a chance to PM the photos to you I will, the m/w took them and they are all in b/w so not too much blood and guts...its a hard case, when I was looking through the photos that she took I found that if you went back too fast in the reviewing part it looked like they were putting her back in!!! :lol:

Sat Dec 13, 2008 10:20 am
Profile E-mail WWW

Hey Becks will PM you too

Sat Dec 13, 2008 12:17 pm
Profile E-mail WWW

Hi Carley ,

Awwww she is just gorgeous. Well covered too for 38 wks :) She looks pretty content, and Bayden and Phil look pretty chuffed :)

How are you holding out sweet. Do you still in any pain from the section? How is Jessica feeding/sleeping?

From one seasoned C-sectioner to another, I would love to see your pics :)

I am just soooooo happy for you all - can't get the grin of my face :D

Take Care

Sat Dec 13, 2008 12:30 pm
Profile E-mail

Hey Yvonne things are going great!!! Jess is sleeping for four hours and feeding sooo well. Gave her a bath today and MAN she did not like that one bit!!

I am a bit pissed off at photobucket...I just went in and had a look at Jess's album and the mangy sods have taken a photo of her off because it violated their terms of use?!!!WTF?!!! If they are going to be that picky they would have to delete more than one photo as there are heaps of photos of my c section in there, plus ones of the m/w trying to latch Jess onto me when I was still in recovery... :twisted:

as for the photos I will PM you the link to the album and the password and you can have a look from there. Saves time putting all the IMG codes in.

Sat Dec 13, 2008 2:10 pm
Profile E-mail WWW

Me too Carley, would love to se esome blood and guts......

Sat Dec 13, 2008 3:58 pm

Me too!!

Hope everything is going well Carley. Good to hear the Jess is feeding well - long may it continue!

Sat Dec 13, 2008 4:49 pm
Profile E-mail WWW

Jessica Sophie Rivers Birth Story

Tuesday 9th December 2008, this would have to be one of the best days of our lives, for this is the day that we welcomed Jessica Sophie into our family. She was long waited for and much wanted right from the start, as we had suffered the devastating loss of our first daughter two years prior.
This is how the day started:
7.00am arrived at Rotorua Hospital and was admitted and prepped for my elective caesarean section, I was due to be taken up to theatre at 10.30am, and at 10.15 they came to get me. I had to admit that as they were wheeling me up to theatre the nerves started to build. Once up there we had to wait for our turn. DH had decided that due to what he witnessed during our sons delivery and subsequent emergency caesarean six years prior that he didn’t want to be in the theatre with me, so we had organised for our lovely midwife to be my support person, and chief photographer.
10.30am...it was our turn, gave DH a kiss goodbye and told him I would see him soon. Was wheeled into theatre and they started the procedure. I was to be given a spinal so that I would be awake during the caesarean, and when they were doing the tubal ligation as per my request. After positioning myself on the edge of the theatre plank (I wouldn’t call it a bed as it isn’t wide enough to be classed as one!!) they started. First I was given local anaesthetic around the spine to numb it so I wouldn’t feel the needle being inserted. All was going well until they started to inset the needle for the spinal, they got half way in and hit a nerve which jolted my left leg!!! At that stage I said my first swear word. They quickly asked what had happened and I told them that my left leg had jolted. They then administered more local anaesthetic to the area, and tried again to get the spinal needle in. Now by this time I was in tears and said to my midwife that they should just knock me out and get it over and done with. To which she replied that it was too dangerous to do that as the anaesthetic passes too quickly to the baby and drugs them out too. The second attempt at putting in the spinal needle ended with the same result, the nerve for my left leg getting hit, which was starting to hurt and tingle. The decision was finally made that they would indeed have to give me a general anaesthetic and put me to sleep, I was so glad that DH wasn’t in the theatre at this time as he would have been beside himself and swearing at everyone to sort themselves out!!! The Doctor said that they would only give me just enough anaesthetic to take me out but not endanger the baby, get her out then they would give me the rest of the anaesthetic and finish off with the tubal ligation. Finally after them trying for half an hour we were finally underway. The last thing I remember was my midwife rubbing my arm and reassuring me that everything would be alright and that she would remember to take lots of photos for me.
At 11.33am Jessica Sophie Rivers was born into this world, she was quickly taken over to the waiting paediatric team to be checked from top to bottom as there was the worry with the antibodies causing anaemia in her. Jessica weighed 8pound 8ounces, was 53cm long, head 35.8cm and her APGAR scores were at 1minute = 8 and at 5 minutes = 9. And all this time her Mummy is lying knocked out on the table. After being given the all clear from the paeds team our midwife was able to take Jessica out to meet her very proud Daddy.
At 1.00pm I awoke in the recovery room, feeling very ill, one of the side effects of the anaesthetic. Once I could focus my sight and had my glasses back on I was able to see our little (well not so little) girl, the first thing that I noticed was her black hair and how much she had, no wonder considering I lived on Gaviscon to combat the wicked indigestion that I had. The midwife, as per my instructions before the delivery, had already initiated breastfeeding and Jessica was very much awake and wanting to see me too. She looked at me as if she had known me for years, and the look of trust on her face was beautiful. It is a look that I will remember for the rest of my life, one of total surrender into my care. I finally had my little girl; I don’t think that there are enough words to describe my emotions at that time. The relief that she was finally here safe and sound and most importantly alive...
After that we went back to our room to meet up with Daddy, after a while our son arrived with Grandad and Jessica and Bayden had the chance to get acquainted, now we were able to begin the amazing journey that lies ahead of us, becoming a family of four...
A family completed...

Sat Dec 13, 2008 8:11 pm
Profile E-mail WWW

Oh Carley what a beautiful Birth Story I have tears in eyes!!

Jessica is just sooo beautiful!! Yayy for finally having your family complete after the heartache you have suffered im sooo overjoyed you have your beautiful little girl in your arms safe and sound!!

Big Congrats to you all!!

I know Juila is looking down from Heaven with the biggest smile on her face and is as proud to be a big sister as Brayden is to be a big brother!!

Ohhhhh would also love to see the Pics of your C Section!!

:angel:Caeden Hugh @21.1wks 10/08

IVF Mummy to 3 Beautiful :angel: Boys!!

An Angel in the book of life
wrote down my baby’s birth
and whispered as she closed the book
"too beautiful for the Earth"

Sat Dec 13, 2008 10:08 pm

Hi Fleur I will PM you the link for my photobucket account with the photos in it and the password too, saves time having to put the IMG codes on here, and some people dont want to see the photos which is cool, so it is easiest to do it this way.

BTW how are you doing Hun? You are in my thoughts often and I think of how you are doing, keep in touch and remember that we are all here for you if you need us. :bighug:

Sat Dec 13, 2008 10:15 pm
Profile E-mail WWW
Site Admin

OMG Carley, she is totally edible, you'll have to pm me too mee thinks :D

ImageImage

Sat Dec 13, 2008 10:45 pm
Profile E-mail

Sobbing away after reading your story, how beautiful!!!

Grrr at photobucket for removing a photo, how ridiculous!!! I LOVE the photos, how cool are they in black and white too, love them!!!

Sat Dec 13, 2008 11:42 pm

I know Lan... it was a bit strange....I keep checking now to see if any more have been taken off and if they do I will find somewhere else to put my pics.

Manda I will PM you right now.

I am really pleased with how the photos have turned out, as like Lan said, being black and white it hides all the blood and guts and just shows the main stuff IYKWIM?

Sun Dec 14, 2008 8:20 am
Profile E-mail WWW

Welcome home Carley and Jessica

Your lil girl is gorgeous.

I would love to see your section pics too babe.

Huggles
Kim

Sun Dec 14, 2008 9:22 am
Profile YIM

Hey Carley,

Had a look at your pics and OMG :heart: . And you did it all in your sleep :)

Interesting though, because like you I have always missed seeing it because its kind of impossible to see when your head is at the other end of it...lol. It was great of your midwife to take so many photos.

Like your DH, mine was never too interested in seeing more than was neccessary :)

Jessica has some nice little rolls for a newbie - you must have been feeding her some good stuff :)

Mon Dec 15, 2008 8:24 am
Profile E-mail

Yeah Jess has got a nice covering on her, I luff her lil double chin!! It is sooo cute.

DH had a bad experience when I went in to have DS and he reckons that he could hear them cutting into my skin and at one stage the curtain thing fell down and he quicckly whipped his head the other way so he wouldnt see anything. At first his decision to not come in hurt, but when I thought about it I realised that it would be totally selfish of me to force him to do something he didnt want to and I was scared that if I did force the issue then that may affected how he bonded with Jess.

I HAVE TO ADD THAT I HAVE THE BESTEST HUBBY IN THE WORLD EVER!!!!

I had a rough night with Jessica last night, it turns out she is a bit of a night owl and has a period where all she wants to do is feed and look around for 2 - 3 hours :evil: so anyway it was 5.30am when I finally got back to bed this morning, and my DH got our DS up, gave him his breakfast, got his lunch and took him out the the bus stop and let me sleep in :love2:
I just think that that is the best, considering he was soo detatched during the pregnancy.

Anyway must go and get my butt into gear. Have got to balance the business bank statement today and pay bills, so will have to fit that in around feeding and changing pooy nappies!!! :joy:

Mon Dec 15, 2008 8:38 am
Profile E-mail WWW
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 445 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 14, 15, 16, 17, 18  Next