It is currently Fri Apr 19, 2024 10:00 pm

Fessing Up 

Post Fessing Up
Hi everyone,

Yep, I got those 2 wonderful pink lines I've been waiting for but as well as that I got a whole lot of horrible panicky emotions.

I have to confess to holding out, I found out last Sunday but have been too scared to post. I was excited for about 2 minutes and then just went into panic, tossing between not believing (even after 3 tests) and crying more than I have in a while.

I have been to the docs and got it all confirmed (5 weeks) and have even been referred to and seen the High Risk Clinic, so I am being looked after really well, and for that I'm happy. But other than that I am just so panicky, everytime I get a pain or feel somthing strange I rush to the loo to check everythings ok. I have told myself I have to stop this and get excited cause the nerves can't be good. So I have asked my DH and parents to be excited hoping that I can feed off them and I have finally gotten the courage to post. Sorry for holding out, I have become a real scaredy pants.

Ok, so from now on I am going to try and think happy thoughts and take deep breaths. Thanks for listening and being there.

Sun Aug 17, 2008 1:40 pm

Post wahoo!!!
congrats!! i know how u feel we are both going thru the same thing at the moment and scarcy enough we are both 5 weeks!!! try and keep as positive as u can and dont think the worse.....hmmm i wonder if they will do a poll closer to our dates to see whose gonna be first lol as long as our babies are healthy and happy it wont matter... :bighug:

Sun Aug 17, 2008 1:44 pm

I know how you feel! I remember how it was for me last year when I was pregnant with Aidan.

*hugs*

my angel Chloé
Aidan Image

Sun Aug 17, 2008 2:12 pm

How exciting and I am so happy to see this thread :)

:famous: CONGRATULATIONS :famous:

I can only imagine the intense feelings you must be having at this stage, but you have definitely got the support needed to go forward on this site, sweet.

I'm looking forward to regular updates, and sending you really big and positive pregnancy vibes :)

Sun Aug 17, 2008 7:36 pm
Profile E-mail

Sun Aug 17, 2008 8:08 pm
Profile YIM

Oh Tania, how exciting for you and DH, and yet like you said totally nerve wracking!! Wishing you all the stickiest vibes in the world for the coming 35weeks. Remember that we are all here for each other .

Sun Aug 17, 2008 8:36 pm
Profile E-mail WWW

I told you so, I told you so, I told you so.
Knew someone else would be soon.

CONGRATULATIONS

Sun Aug 17, 2008 8:48 pm
Profile WWW

Image Image

ImageImage

Sun Aug 17, 2008 9:41 pm
Profile E-mail

Thanks everyone. I'm really trying to shift my mind into being positive and had a much better day today. DH and I went for a nice long walk round the neighbourhood and into Cornwall Park. There were loads of spring lambies and even some giving birth right as we were walking past! Amazing. I'm a city girl so this was new for me, but it was so cool and sweet, brought back some positive and maternal feelings.

Sun Aug 17, 2008 10:24 pm

Congratulations Tania, that is such good news.

Sending lots of positive vibes for a smooth 8 mths.

Love & hugs
Rae

Sun Aug 17, 2008 11:15 pm
Profile E-mail YIM

Yey Tania!!!! That is awesome news!!!! Hun, I totally know how you feel, it is so hard not to be apprehensive, and I find I have good days and bad days. Lots of hugs and CONGRATULATIONS!!!!

Mon Aug 18, 2008 11:32 am

That's FANTASTIC news Tania and can totally understand your fears. I wish I had some magic words of advice, but as you know I am going through the same thing at 8 weeks pregnant. Just try and keep positive, take deeps breaths and look after yourself. Macas and KFC are working well for me right now!

Will you be able to book in for an early scan? Our MW managed to get us a scan last week saying that we were planning on having an amnio (we arn't!), but it was the only way we could get one without having to pay full cost.

:bighug: and look forward to hearing your progress.

xox

Mon Aug 18, 2008 4:46 pm
Profile E-mail WWW

Woohoo, congrats Tania! Best wishes and sticky vibes for a long and uneventful pregnancy!

You must live not far from us if you're close to Cornwall park, we're in Hillsborough.

www.babiesonline.com/babies/m/mayadavis
www.babiesonline.com/babies/g/gremlins

Tue Aug 19, 2008 9:51 pm

I am pleased to say that I have had a much better week this week. After last week I decided I couldn't manage eight more months of bad weeks so I am going to try and be a "Tigger" from now on. Lots of relaxing and positive thoughts (at least I'm going to try).

And to kick it off, I am jetting away to Tahiti tomorrow for lots of sun, snorkelling, relaxing and mocktails. DH even splashed out for a 5 star resort and a fancy room (not sure where my husband has gone, but I like this one).

And when we get back I am in for my 7.5 week scan.

Talk to you all when I get back, and hopefully I will have good scan news.

Oh and Emma, I live in Royal Oak, so very close to Hillsborough.

Mon Aug 25, 2008 12:02 am
Site Admin

Oh tania, thast so cool your feeling a little more positive about it, I'll bet you'll have more down days, but thats ok, just remenber that.

I am SOOOO JELLLLYYYYY of your trip to Tahiti, wohooo for your hbby too (does he give lessons on romance???, I love dh dearly, but he's slightly lacking in that department).

Have fun girl.

ImageImage

Mon Aug 25, 2008 9:02 am
Profile E-mail

Mon Aug 25, 2008 9:25 am
Profile WWW

Wahoo Tania, Have fab time in Tahiti :) Glad to hear that you are feeling more positve - I can only imagine how hard it must be to stay positive :)

Mon Aug 25, 2008 10:46 am
Profile E-mail

Woohoo Tania! Have a fab time in Tahiti!!

Great news!

my angel Chloé
Aidan Image

Mon Aug 25, 2008 10:19 pm

Ooooh Tahiti!!! Sooooo jealous!!!! have fun, and can't wait to hear about your tripa dn your scan when you get back!!! :D :D :D

Tue Aug 26, 2008 10:01 am

and 2ndly...OMG so jealous! Do come brag about the weather when you get back. Have a super fab time, relax and enjoy!

ImageImage
http://lynne1.wordpress.com/

Wed Aug 27, 2008 9:27 pm

Tania, that is great news, congrats to you and DH..... Heres to a wonderful 9 months.

Thu Aug 28, 2008 8:20 pm

Hope you are having a Fab time on your Hoilday!! Am so envious would love a nice relaxing hoilday in the sun!!

You are not alone in your fears and worries!!

:angel:Caeden Hugh @21.1wks 10/08

IVF Mummy to 3 Beautiful :angel: Boys!!

An Angel in the book of life
wrote down my baby’s birth
and whispered as she closed the book
"too beautiful for the Earth"

Sat Aug 30, 2008 6:01 pm

Thanks everyone. The trip was great! Lots of sun and doing very little but swimming, reading, eating and snoozing. It seems this baby likes to eat and sleep. I am just so exhausted all the time, but I'll take it cos there has been very little ms, unlike with Mia when it was terrible and lasted the entire pg. DH is putting money on it being a boy seeing as pg is so different, I'm not sure if I subscribe to that but we'll see.

My scan went well. I was so worried about it, I had this horrible feeling there'd be nothing there and they'd wonder what the hell I was doing. I hate scans after last time, and couldn't bring myself to look at the screen till DH said there was a :heart: Yay, a tiny wee blobby sac with this beautiful beating heart. The only bugger was they couldn't get a good pic due to where baby was postioned so had to have a vaginal scan, only after they reassured me it was safe.

I also met my midwife, who was so wonderful she had me in tears. She said this was going to be a long tough journey but she and the team would travel it with me. She has given me so many contact numbers to call if I can't get hold of her and assured me I can ring anytime or go straight to the hospital if I have any concerns. She is a godsend, I feel so much more confident and happy. I will get through this, and I will have a healthy happy bub. Ok, feeling brave enough now, gonna go start a pg ticker.

Last edited by Mia's Mummy on Fri Sep 05, 2008 10:53 am, edited 1 time in total.

Thu Sep 04, 2008 12:45 pm

S pleased you had a good trip and that your scan went well thats wonderful you got a great midwife that is so supportive,

Thu Sep 04, 2008 2:26 pm
Profile YIM

Welcome back, pleased to hear things are going well for you! It will be an emotional ride, but we are all here for you.

Image Image

ImageImage

Thu Sep 04, 2008 3:15 pm
Profile E-mail