It is currently Sat Apr 20, 2024 12:46 am

CM In Pregnancy?? 

Post CM In Pregnancy??
Hiya,

I didnt know where else to ask and need some help. I am almost at the point in my Pregnancy where I lost my 1st baby and am freaking out a little bit!!

I have the Shirodkar Stitch in my cervix to hold everything in place and hopefully hold onto this pregnancy. Yesterday I started getting alot of CM which is thick Egg Whiteish!!! Was wondering if any of you have got that or gotten that in pregnancy. Is this Normal?? I have been getting the odd twinge this week and ended up going up to the Maternity Unit on Monday after freaking out as I was feeling uncomfortable. They thought I might of had an UTI but it could have been the Pressure from the Scanner as I had my Anatomy scan that day!! I have been on moderate Bedrest and continue soo but with having Family here this week for the school hoils I think ive overdone things a bit.

Thanks for letting me have my freak out moment as im sure you can understand and are going thru your own freak out moments.

:angel:Caeden Hugh @21.1wks 10/08

IVF Mummy to 3 Beautiful :angel: Boys!!

An Angel in the book of life
wrote down my baby’s birth
and whispered as she closed the book
"too beautiful for the Earth"

Thu Oct 09, 2008 7:24 am
Site Admin

Nice to hear from you fleur, and TOTALLY understand your freak out.
I did a quick Google and found this, hopefully it helps you. It sounds to me it's the increased estrogen thing, but hey, if you're not sure, call your midwife, you are so entitled to freak out and call her whenever you need to, jeepers, she should be at your beckon call (hmm, is that right? beckon call, or is it back and call, or something else completely, totally OTT).
Anyway....
http://www.babycenter.com/0_vaginal-dis ... ncy_270.bc
So anatomy scan aye :) How did it go, did you find out what you're having :)

ImageImage

Thu Oct 09, 2008 8:01 am
Profile E-mail

Thanks Manda for that website!! I try not to Google stuff cos it only stresses me out more the more I read.

Anatomy Scan went well. Am in for a big baby I think!! I was 19wks 3d at the scan and its head measured 20wks 1d and legs 20wks 4d so obviously all this bedrest is making one big strong baby!! No we didnt find out what we were having and I dont intend too till its born. Even if we wanted to know we wouldnt been able to find out as bub was lying on its tummy with its knees tucked up underneath and ankles crossed so it wasnt exposing itself for anyone or rolling over!! Hmmm I think I have a modest stubborn child onboard!!

Its hard not to freak out when you reach a point of a loss. I am trying to get thru each day in one piece!! Prof Stone did say I would get increased Mucus and pulling from the stitch so I guess as this baby gets bigger I will get more pulling. Just have to make it thru the next 8wks to 28wks and then will relax a little more.

Glad to read pregnancy's are going well!!

Thu Oct 09, 2008 8:47 am

I've been getting quite a lot of discharge too - but nothing different than previous pregnancies so I haven't been too concerned. All the books that I am reading on what is happening at various stages talk about an increase in discharge.

But as Manda said - check with your MW if you are at all concerned.

Thu Oct 09, 2008 10:10 am
Profile E-mail WWW

Hi Fleur, I too have had the same thing and have even resorted to wearing a panty liner, Image, from what I can remember with DS it happended with him too and is just a stage of pregnancy, but if you are at all worrried then ring your m/w and have a chat to her about it.

Thu Oct 09, 2008 1:04 pm
Profile E-mail WWW

Thanks so much for that!! I am feeling things I have NEVER felt before in Pregnancy. I remember getting CM in pregnancy with Camden but at this point my Pregnancy was basically over!! I guess we get to the point of where we have had a loss we freak out and paranora sets in!!

Liams Mum wow you are almost 16wks geez your Pregnancy is going fast!!

Carley you are almost 30wks your pregnancy is going even faster!! Glad things are going well so far!!

My Pregnancy seems to be dragging it heels!! Well it dosent help being on bedrest and the days feel so long!!

Thank you all again for your support!!

Thu Oct 09, 2008 1:09 pm