It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 9:13 pm

Fingers crossed 

Post Fingers crossed
Well...according to the pregnancy test I did last night I am pregnant. I feel a bit more comfortable with it this time, by that I mean when I had the blighted ovum I kind of felt that something wasn't right, this time I don't have any feelings like that. I am going for a scan tomorrow to check that it isn't a blighted ovum and then it will be fingers crossed to get to the first goal of 12 weeks. Just as I started to think it wasn't going to happen, it happened! :) :) :) :) :) :)

Thu Jul 22, 2010 4:15 pm
Profile E-mail

Post Re: Fingers crossed
Oh Nat, congrats that is fantastic news!!!!!!! Lots and lots of sticky vibes to you :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D

Thu Jul 22, 2010 10:15 pm

Honey that is awesome! Congratulations! All the best for the scan!

~*Mummy to now SIX angels ~ I miss you my babies ~

Fri Jul 23, 2010 5:00 pm
Profile E-mail

Thanks ladies. Not looking so good though. They couldn't see anything at the scan and he said I might just be less than 4 weeks, on thursday my HCG was 126 which is either a really bad sign or just really early, and this morning I have some bleeding :(

Sun Jul 25, 2010 11:32 am
Profile E-mail

Thats no good I hope it turns out for you xx

Sun Jul 25, 2010 2:41 pm
Profile E-mail

Hope everything is good for you. I have my fingers crossed for you also.
All the best to you.

Tue Jul 27, 2010 12:24 am
Profile E-mail

Oh hun, hopefully it's just earlier than you think it is. Let us know how you get on :bighug: :bighug: :bighug: :bighug: :bighug:

Tue Jul 27, 2010 9:57 pm

I definately miscarried. I did another HCG test on monday and it was only 49. I went to see my doctor today and he thinks my immune system is getting rid of the pregnancy for some reason. Maybe because of what my body went through when I had Dreyton, or maybe because my body isn't ready or maybe because I have been sick for the last couple weeks so my body doesn't want to do it right now. Of course there is also the chance that something wasn't right so my body got rid of it. Either way it sux. He also said that he thinks my fertility is already dropping. I'm 26, why would my fertility already be dropping?? Apparently it's reasonably common these days. Anyway I have to do a bloodtest during my next period so he can test that and then we will know what to do. He said that if my fertility is fine then because of my age i'll pretty much be left to keep trying. If my fertility is dropping then obviously I will qualify for some help.

Aarrgghh! It's so frustrating. What did I do to deserve all this? Everyone tells me I handled Dreyton's death a lot better than they could have, but the more babies I loose, the grumpier I get, the more I feel like doing nothing and the more I hate the world. All I want is a baby! Whatever lesson I am meant to be learning from all of this just tell me what it is so I can stop having to "cope" with it all. After Dreyton was born someone told me this stuff only happens to people who can handle it. Well I don't want to be able to handle it if it means I have to keep doing this. I just want my own family.

Fri Jul 30, 2010 7:26 pm
Profile E-mail

Hi Nat,

Big Big Big cyber hugs to you sweet :grphug:

I'm so sorry that you have lost another much wanted child - it just sucks!!!!

I hope you get some answers re your fertility, reasons for loss etc.

It took me 12mths to concieve after Satori - my doctor also thought I facing a low fertility situation, but it happen in the end, so try and stay positive :) I just hope you get the answers you need.

I just about fell over when i read that somebody told you that this stuff only happens to people that can handle it. Can you believe that somebody said this exact thing to me after we lost Satori! I just about socked them one! We really don't have a choice, do we? We have to carry on. God people say some stupid things! This book I once read calls people like that DHAC's ( Don't have a clue's).

Sorry about the rant - it just makes me mad that people say that shite!

Anyway, I hope you and DH are looking after one another and that you get your family real soon :heart: Sending loads of babydust and sticky vibes to you. :)

Fri Jul 30, 2010 11:47 pm
Profile E-mail

I'm so, so sorry to hear that Nat, big big hugs to you. It's such a hard time TTCing after losing babies. I was just obsessed with all things baby, and it's hard to focus on anything else in life. I hope the blood tests show all is well with your fertility, I find it hard to believe it would be dropping at the tender young age of 26! Really hoping you get your sticky baby soon hun xxx

Sun Aug 01, 2010 8:31 pm

BTW, that saying about you only get given what you can handle, one of the dumbest and most thoughtless sayings ever, just hate it, grrrr.

Sun Aug 01, 2010 8:33 pm

"Things happen to people that can 'handle' it" - one of the many STUPID thoughtless comments that people make - the people that make a comment like that are people that have never had to 'handle' anything horrible like the death of a beautiful baby!
People think we 'handle' it but they know nothing of our pain and heartache!
I am so sorry to hear your sad sad news. You sound like someone that deserves what you want - a precious life in your life. Its just not fair!
I hope and pray for you that your dreams come true.

Tue Aug 03, 2010 11:30 pm
Profile E-mail

Nat i am just gutted for you :(

This is so unfair and i know your heart must feel like its breaking all over again, you don't deserve this and you definitely didn't do anything to deserve this....wish i was closer so i could come and give you a real hug! But for now ill send you lots of cyber hugs... :grphug: :grphug: :grphug: :grphug: :grphug: :grphug: :grphug: :grphug: :grphug: :grphug: :grphug:

I hope you get some positive results about your fertility and remember we are always here if you need to talk :bighug:

Wed Aug 04, 2010 11:11 am

Have any of you heard of false unicorn???

A friend of mine used to go and see a guy called David Croah (you may have heard of him) and she had a miscarriage after her first child (she now has 5!!!) and he told her to take false unicorn. It's a herbal drug and you can get it from most health food stores and some chemists, and it is meant to make your uterus sticky!

This friend did use it for the following 4 children and she reckons it's worth a go if I can't afford to look at other alternative treatments.

Thu Aug 05, 2010 7:55 pm
Profile E-mail

Hi Nat, sorry I havent been on here for a while so didnt know. I am sorry to hear this, I personally haven't heard of false unicorn, but its sounds cool! Anything is worth a shot imo. You never know.
Sending you lots of hugs.

Image Image

ImageImage

Tue Sep 07, 2010 10:27 am
Profile E-mail

Hi Nat, really sorry to hear of your recent miscarriage. I to suffered a miscarriage about 2 mths ago, suck suck suck. I have not heard of false unicorn, I would say give it a go however I would get a lot more information about it prior to using it first, sometimes some of those things can do harm not good. I have been going to accupuncture, that is how I fell preggers with Lochie after loosing Beanie... I believe you have to have a strong body, strong mind before the little spirit will choose you. I was getting sick all the time, but since have accupuncture I have not been sick for 3 weeks now, after being sick since the beginning of winter... yippy. Not sure if this is something you could be into but worth a go. I know the feeling, I deeply wish to have another child, one that will survive and grow well, but to do that I have to be healthy on the inside and out. Another option that a friend has tried (very alternative, need a very open mind) is colour therapy. This was her last option prior to IVF, 3 mths of treatment and fell preggers, baby is now 5 mths old. I don't know how you feel about things like that but once again, it is about making you strong!!! G's harping on... sorry, I hope this helps. If you are in Auckland, I can give you the details for the above... I wish you all the best and hope that one day very soon, you have a little baby bump that grows big and healthy...

Sara

Thu Sep 09, 2010 10:12 pm

Sara, I am pretty much interested in anything right now. And I am in Auckland. The details of hose things would be great. I have thought about acupuncture but not sure how much it costs so thought I would try the false unicorn for a while. I have now been trying it for 3 weeks. I only just had my first period since my miscarriage so will wait and see what happens. Since I started taking it I have heard from another friend who took it after she had a miscarriage and she has just had a baby.

Anyway fingers crossed

Sat Sep 18, 2010 10:47 am
Profile E-mail

Honey I am really sorry to hear about your recent miscarriage. The world can be so cruel.

My heart goes out to you and your family and I am sending you the biggest hugs right now.

I have never heard of a false unicorn - sounds like something worth a try - since things haven't been good in that department for us either.

Once again ((hugs)) love - I am so sorry this has happened to you ((hugs))

Wed Sep 22, 2010 8:00 pm
Profile E-mail

Telly you should def try it. Go to https://www.healthpost.co.nz/search.asp ... se+unicorn they have it for $55 which is the cheapest I've found it. I bought my first lost at a health shop at the mall and it was $80! Don't know if it works or not but anything is worth a try right???

Fri Sep 24, 2010 8:17 pm
Profile E-mail

**lot

Fri Sep 24, 2010 8:18 pm
Profile E-mail

Definately - thanks for the link - will go and have a look

Wed Sep 29, 2010 9:39 am
Profile E-mail

Well guys I'm pregnant again. Hope to be able to give you good updates this time! please, please, please

Sun Nov 14, 2010 1:10 pm
Profile E-mail

YAY Nat! Congratulations :) Looking foward to the updates, how many weeks are you?

Sun Nov 14, 2010 1:33 pm

Oh Nat, I'm soooooo happy for you!!! FX for you very tightly!!! :D :D :D :D :D :D :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :D :D :D :D :D

Sun Nov 14, 2010 9:37 pm

Thanks guys. Im about 5 weeks. Going to the doctor tomorrow. He will give me a scan form and once I've seen that everything is ok I'll relax a little bit. With the last 2 there was nothing to see so fingers crossed. It is very exciting though and I have a good feeling about this one. But I don't want to get too excited yet. Aaaarrrrgghhh. It's not meant to be this hard!

Mon Nov 15, 2010 8:43 pm
Profile E-mail