It is currently Fri Apr 26, 2024 11:24 pm

Finding it hard to believe 
Site Admin

Post Finding it hard to believe
Just thought I'd share how I'm feeling about my pregnancy. I just can't get my head around it. I don't have that excited pregnancy feeling like I got with Trinity. I mean, I know I'm pregnant, I saw the test results, but it's just not registering. I'm finding it impossible to get excited about it, and thats making me feel guilty as hell for this baby (see, I feel nothing when I say that, 'this baby', nothing). Every day I'm convinced this will be the day I misscarry. I think I'm going to call my midwife tomorrow and asked to be referred for a scan, maybe that will help. Everyone tells me that this is a different pregnancy, and it won't happen this time, but how do you really know? Perhaps it's my brain trying to protect my heart, if I don't get excited about it, I won't be so devastated when I lose it. I know these feelings are probably normal, and I was expecting something like this, but it doesn't make it any easier. . . . . .
Oh well, thats just whats in my head, thanks for reading. . . . .

ImageImage

Sun Oct 02, 2005 5:01 pm
Profile E-mail

Some days you will feel positive and other days you won't, but don't feel bad, these feelings are just something we have to go through, there is no right or wrong in this.
I always thought that just getting through the first 12 weeks was the hardest and that once that part was over I could breathe easy and yes I did have a big sigh of relief when I made it to 13 weeks this time, but getting past it also made me realise that this journey was far from over, I know that I will go through the rest of this pregnancy worrying that is just an unfortunate side effect that we will all go through, but I love this baby and I had to just open my heart again and let it happen. I have more positive days than negitive ones in fact since the scan I am 95% more positive.
When you are ready you will fall in love with your little bub and you will get all excited but it does take a little time.

Take care Manda

Jacqui

Image Image

Sun Oct 02, 2005 5:22 pm

Manda, I don't know yet, but that's totally how i imagine i will feel, should i be lucky enough to get pg again. I know that the pure innocence and joy that i had with the first pregnancy will never be again. I completely loved and enjoyed my whole pregnancy, but i think that next time I won't be able to, i imagine it will sort of feel like being pregnant is just the means to an end so I must go through it again to have the baby I'm so desparate to have. That in itself is an awful thought for me, the idea of not being able to love my bump because i'm too afraid to believe it will be ok. I just pray that i will find the strength.

I'm praying for you too

All of you

Love and Hugs

Nikki x

That's Me!

Sun Oct 02, 2005 6:21 pm

I think how you are feeling sounds completely valid and I think you know this too. Your baby knows you care so deeply for it already that you are trying to protect yourself from the pain you would feel if you were to lose it. IMHO (and it is very humble in your presence ladies), I think you should just go with the flow, feel how you feel and try and get through this tough time as best you can. You are obviously such a brave and amazing woman to have put your heart out there again and welcomed another child, that I know that you have the strength to get through these bad days and make it to the good ones. I believe in you, I hope you can believe in yourself. :)

Sun Oct 02, 2005 11:04 pm

I am sure this is a very difficult time and I think about you often. (((Hugs))) babe.
As the other ladies have already said, you are a strong woman and an incredibly sensitive and caring one too. It will come, don't worry, it is in your nature. You are only protecting yourself at the moment and that is completely understandable.
Jenn

ImageImage

Mon Oct 03, 2005 1:22 am

Manda, it is a privilege that you are willing to share this with us. I imagine that I might feel the same if we get pregnant again (fingers crossed!) - I think you are very brave! You are grieving for Trinity so it's completely understandable that you feel this way.
Big hugs!
ALana

Thu Oct 06, 2005 7:47 pm
Site Admin

Thanks for all your thought's. I'm having a scan tomorrow (friday) to give me peace of mind if anything, will post about this later.

ImageImage

Thu Oct 06, 2005 8:26 pm
Profile E-mail

I wish you and DH the best of luck with your scan tomorrow. I'll be thinking of you and look forward to hearing how it goes :)

Thu Oct 06, 2005 8:56 pm

Image Image

Thu Oct 06, 2005 9:23 pm

Hi Manda, I thought it was today for some reason. Anyway, I willhave to think of you tomorrow is well now LOL....... GOOD LUCK

Luv
ally

Thu Oct 06, 2005 9:55 pm

Good Luck Manda! I will be thinking of you too :)

ImageImage

Thu Oct 06, 2005 11:42 pm

thinking of you darling

((((Big Hugs))))

and i look forward to hearing your 'good' news xxx

That's Me!

Thu Oct 06, 2005 11:50 pm

Thinking of you .. good luck tomorrow .. send me a pic of the scan if you can ... so I can add my future niece/nephew's pic with everyone elses that i have!
Lots of love
Shells
xx

Fri Oct 07, 2005 12:15 am

Thinking of you .. good luck tomorrow .. send me a pic of the scan if you can ... so I can add my future niece/nephew's pic with everyone elses that i have!
Lots of love
Shells
xx

Fri Oct 07, 2005 12:16 am