It is currently Sat Mar 30, 2024 12:03 am

Scared and Frustrated 

Post Scared and Frustrated
Hi everyone,

I was not going to post this because Lisa had already done a post about her horrible dreams (I hope your dreams are getting better) and I did not want to bug everyone about mine, but after last night I've had enough and I just need to vent / share.
I thought I was coping ok but obliviously not as every night this week I've had the most unpleasant dreams in which I discover that this little bub I am pregnant with has died. These dreams cause me to wake up in the middle of the night, scared out of my mind and I'm thinking the worst of course, but I'm too scared to get my doppler and check incase I am unable to find a heartbeat (which is something that always happens in the dream).
I'm so tired and I spend my days worrying that something awful is going to happen, I love this baby so much, I'm just so scared :(

Thanks for letting me share
Take care everyone
Jacqui

Image Image

Fri Nov 25, 2005 9:14 am

Doesn't seem fair does it - you want to sleep and relax - but your dreams (or nightmares I guess) aren't letting you do so.

I'd like to offer some wonderful advice, but because I haven't expereinced your pain, I'm not sure.

I just want to say that you are in my thoughts and you just have to keep telling yourself that this time is different (useless advice I know).

You are in my thoughts Jacqui.

~*Mummy to now SIX angels ~ I miss you my babies ~

Fri Nov 25, 2005 10:40 am
Profile E-mail

Oh Jacqui, I am so sorry. Usually sleep is something we look forward to (at least i do), it must be awful to dread falling asleep. I wish there was something I could do.

(((Big Hugs))) babe,

ImageImage

Fri Nov 25, 2005 1:26 pm

I find lavender really helpful in times of sleeplessness. I know some essential oils are not to be used during pregnancy. I do have a book, somefor general calming/sleeplessness are Juniper Berry, Lavender, Neroli, Orange, Rose. These ones do not caution against using when pregnant. When I have dreams, sleeplessness etc I sometimes use a lavender body lotion just on my arms etc. This really does help to relax.
If you wanted to try some of these I would suggest talking to an aromatherapist first.

Wishing you a relaxed and peaceful few months ahead.
Love & hugs
Rae

Fri Nov 25, 2005 2:00 pm
Profile E-mail YIM

It must be awful to be scared and not able to sleep. I wish there was something I could say to help you, but to be honest, I will probably be just as scared when I get pregnant again. You are in my thoughts-
Bridget

Fri Nov 25, 2005 2:25 pm

Fri Nov 25, 2005 4:07 pm
Profile WWW

Oh Jacqui, I am sorry to hear you are going through this. I had the same feelings when i was pregnant with Olivia, I would wake up scared sh**less. I would get up and watch tv for at least 30 mins just to relax my mind, then go back to bed and fall straight back to sleep, if this didn't work I would just lie on the couch and watch tv (usually drifting off to sleep anyway), you just need something to take your mind off all the bad thoughts, we go through. I hope you manage to get some sleep this weekend, as sleep deprivation is the worst thing.

Not long to go now........

Thinking of you and your little bubs.... big (((((((((((((((((((hugs))))))))))))))))))))))))

Luv Ally

Fri Nov 25, 2005 11:27 pm

I'm so sorry you're having such a tough time at the moment. Sleep is so precious when you're pregnant, not a time for bad dreams.

Thinking of you and sending you {{{{{BIG HUGE SWEET DREAM VIBES}}}}}

Sat Nov 26, 2005 8:10 am

Thanks so much everyone for your thoughts and advice.
I know it's just my fears working overtime especially as bubs birth gets closer, but it's just so unfair.

Rae - I will check out the aromatherpy stuff :)

Ally - It's nice to know someone else that has gotten through these scary times.

Thanks again everyone :)
Take care
Jacqui

Image Image

Sat Nov 26, 2005 4:17 pm

I hope you have managed to find a way to relax and get some decent rest darling. There is nothing worse than having a terrible sleep, or bad dreams.

Love

Nikki x

That's Me!

Mon Nov 28, 2005 12:35 pm