It is currently Tue Apr 30, 2024 5:24 am

I'm finally here 

Post I'm finally here
OMG...I really can't believe it and am still kinda in state of shock...but here I am...woohoooooo
Anyway the story goes ...took home preggie tes and came up positive straight away...but was worried about the cramps I had been having sobooked into see gp that day. Their test came up negative and she told me I might have got a fake positive at home. So took bloods, got them back today and definetly preggers with hcg sitting at 310 yesterday..so looking good. Still having afew little cramps and had a possible implant spot on tuesday night..but nothing since. Will be repeating the bloods next wednesday and am hoping to be rising nicely by then.
AM TOTALLY FREAKING OUT!!!! Just made it clear to gp that I want everything possible to let me know what is going on and no repeats of last years full on m/c. I know I can't control it if it happens but I will not be waiting for weeks to get scans and bloods...esp not to let my son see anything like that again.
But on a happy note..I am going ot remain positive (heh heh) and can't wait to get passed the 12 weeks mark

ImageImage
http://lynne1.wordpress.com/

Fri Feb 17, 2006 9:00 pm

Best of luck for a trouble free pregnancy and a bouncy wee bub at the end of it all :)

Fri Feb 17, 2006 9:12 pm

Fri Feb 17, 2006 9:41 pm
Profile YIM

Glad to hear the blood tests today told you what you wanted to hear!

When in October are you due?

I didn't end up going to the gp at all - straight to a midwife - but scan in a couple of weeks - so a long wait for me!

Good luck hun - I wish you all the best! I'm so happy for you!

~*Mummy to now SIX angels ~ I miss you my babies ~

Fri Feb 17, 2006 10:18 pm
Profile E-mail

Yah, big congrats to you. Best of luck for the next 8 months.

Sat Feb 18, 2006 8:27 am

Congratulations, That is great to hear and glad that the bloods gave you the answer that you were looking for, Hope that everything goes well.

Mon Feb 20, 2006 11:30 am
Profile WWW

Congratulations and wishing you a wonderful 9 months

Image Image

Mon Feb 20, 2006 3:06 pm

Congrats Lynne! Happy and healthy nine months!

www.babiesonline.com/babies/m/mayadavis
www.babiesonline.com/babies/g/gremlins

Mon Feb 20, 2006 4:12 pm

Hi ya all got my next hcg levels back and so far so good. They are sitting at 3543 for 22dpo. Gp is happy but wants me to keep gong weekly for bloods just to make sure all going well. I am all for that as even though it is nerve wracking waiting for the results its peace of mind or its going to be an advantage in knowing that they may drop. But positive thoughts are trying to come from my brain. Still having the odd cramps or funny feeling but can't remember what it feels like in a normal pregnancy and it doesn't help tha every pregnancy can be different ...good or bad!
Hope everyone else going well. Take care all

ImageImage

Fri Feb 24, 2006 10:07 pm

Wow, weekly bloods - am I the only one not doing this?

Glad everything is going well Lynne :)

Sat Feb 25, 2006 12:58 pm
Profile E-mail

Telly, I was doing them but stopped having them done at 6w3d cos i didnt need the stress of waiting for the results.

Sat Feb 25, 2006 4:43 pm
Profile YIM

I will be going for weekly bloods for the first few weeks too, just to put my overactive mind at rest. It sucks that we have to go thru this - pregnancy is supposed to be exciting not nervewracking!

Sat Feb 25, 2006 10:47 pm

Update time for me. Had another scan yesterday and there is still a heartbeat....WOOHOO!! Can you tell I am excited and rapted?
Bubs was amazing to see, so clear and developing fast. I got to see the little arm, legs....buds and its spine forming nicely. The scanner was very particular and didn't miss checking anything. I am sitting at 8 weeks today. My EDD date is 21st of October even though my dates by scan are out by 4days..but I knew that anyway because I have longer cycles and O'd later. They aid they don't change the EDD from LMP unless scan shows 5 days or more out!! Weird when I know my dates are later but hey...bubs is growing at right speed and correct with last scan so I am totallyhappy with wot ever they say.
The scanner lady siad to me "you aren't getting scanned every two weeks are you"?....I was like no I don't think so..but felt like saying if it makes me happy Id get them when I want!!!! LOL but too excted to be a smart ass!
Anyway, I don't think I will have another..maybe do the nucha for a nosey but not sure on that one yet as the results aren't going to change my mind on weather I kep this babe or not...so would totally be for a peek!
Rang the midwife this morning that I want so hopefully she has some space for me..she hasn;t returned my call so hopefully its because she is in a delievery and busy!!!
Have to wait and see ,hopefully she rings tomorrow as I am the impatience type when waiting for a return call. heh heh

ImageImage

Wed Mar 15, 2006 9:29 pm

Another update from me!!! Well I am still pregnant and had no known problems so far!! Don;t want to say tha to loud to jinx myself. I have had a dreaded flu type illness for the last 2 weeks and it has been getting me down abit. Contempting weather it know needs a visit to the gp as it has gone to my chest causing alot of coughing etc!!! Am trying to hold off as long as possible to avoid any type of antibotic at this early stage.
Meet with my mid wife and she is as cool as I remember so am stoke she can take me and bubs. I will meet with her just after easter again so can't wait for that time as i will be over 12 weeks to then. Woo hoo!
Feeling alittle fat at the moment too, so hope that means everything growing as it should be.
OMG can't believe its only acouple of days away til the anniversary of losing my little angel.....kinda not liking the timing really as I do consider the 11th week to 12th week my scarey zone as this is when I lost my angel. Ummmm guess I am in quite a somber mood because of that. Don't really know how I feel about that and being preggers again! If only my dates where slightly more apart I'd feel alittle more sercure!!
Haven't had any more scans yet and not sure if I am going too! That scares me but also is nice not to have to worry about anything being wrong. In the last scan they found my cyst in my ovary had grown since they last measured it so not sure how I have to keep an eye on that over this pregnancy. MY midwife said if it grows more it could cause some pain while I am more pregnant. I hope it stays the same size as any pain would worry me more.
Well thats all at the moment I guess.....all I can say is grow baby grow!!

ImageImage

Sun Apr 02, 2006 4:27 pm

Question...any one been on antibotics in early pregnancy? I am at moment and not sure weather this is making me have a sore tum..or if its just the coughing doing it too me!!! Ummmm anything these days makes me worried.
I'm getting alittle nervous to as my angels year anniversary is coming up this week and I am in exactly the same time frame as I was then!!! My DP goes away for 3 days from sunday onwards and worried about being left alone over this time!!!! Can;t talk to him as he just doesn't get it!!!
MMMMMM ...just need to vent

ImageImage

Thu Apr 06, 2006 9:09 pm

Thinking of you Lynne, and sending you some big hugs! I just know this little bean is a sticky one for you!

Fri Apr 07, 2006 9:00 am

(((((BIG HUGS))))) Lynne - I'm sure your GP will have given you safe antibiotics for your little bubs.

Hang in there.

Claire :)

Fri Apr 07, 2006 7:43 pm

I know this must be a difficult time for you. Big hugs!
Jenn

ImageImage

Sun Apr 09, 2006 12:49 pm

Sometimes with all the growing that's going on down there, you can have a wee bit of a sore tum. I quite often have a sore belly, and remember having some pangs with Cameron.

If you are unsure hun, give your gp or midwife a ring.

Mon Apr 10, 2006 7:43 pm
Profile E-mail

How are you doing?

The coughing can strain your tummy muscles easily because things will already have started to relax with the relaxin hormone.

I had a tummy bug wiith Amelie at 21 weeks pg and cracked a rib when I vomited and fell (because I fainted) so know how painful it can be.

Just gettting through these next few weeks will be such a great acheivement and you will be all set for a plain sailing pregnancy - best wishes from me!

Fri Apr 14, 2006 7:49 pm

Thanks all for your well wishes! Really nice to have the support! Well have passed my 12 week dot so am totally stoked! Cough is all gone ..thankfully, and I am totally sure the sore tummy pains are all stretching as I feel like I have gain a huge amount of weight and am starting to feel that dragging down heavy feeling!!! Yes I feel heavy already! I remember when preggie with Cam I totally felt so overweight very early on, and am thinking that the same is happening again secept I already had about another 2-3 kg on me to start with.
I have been getting bad headache again so I went to a cranicalspacal lady who was a midwife before her other traqining. Wot a cool and interesting lady to talk to...so far from day 2 of the session with her I haven't had a headache and my shoulder is startingto feel good. So I will go back again as it is quiet good for pregnancy and after labour. And hopefully she can keep my headaches at bay. She also mention something about my baby being very strong for how small it was (in weeks she meant)....awww she put a smile on my face then!!!! Wish she was still a midwife now..oh well I do have a lovely one, which I am seeing again on Wed, so will be back to ramble some more then
Take care all

ImageImage

Sun Apr 16, 2006 8:37 pm

Had midwife on Wednesday and got to here heartbeat with doppler...woohoo...so made me smile again!
Cam came with me and the midwife said what do you think that sounds like,.....a train, baby etc...he said no just a train LOL..cracked me p! Haven't really gone into it with him yet as I feel it is such a long wait for him to see a actual baby...but with all the talking and telling people he will come round! Hope he likes the idea as much as his mum and dad do!
Have a date booked for my 19 week scan..May 29th so can't wait! DP anoyed coz I am going to find out sex ..will be gutted if it hides its parts! LOL I really just wanna do some shopping now.

ImageImage

Sun Apr 23, 2006 4:12 pm

Glad to hear that all is going well for you Lynne. So great to hear that heartbeat!

Mon Apr 24, 2006 10:23 am
Profile E-mail

Yay for hearing the heartbeat! I am hoping to hear our little bubs when I see the midwife on Friday. I wonder how they can tell which baby is which?

How are you feeling? Is the m/s gone now? I hope so.

LOL at Cameron and the train! I am so tempted to take Maya with me to the m/w on Friday, she is supposed to be at kindy but this is the midwife who delivered her and she hasn't seen her since she was 6 weeks old so I want to show her off lol!

Mon Apr 24, 2006 10:35 am

Another update....am 17 weeks and 3 days today! All going well and meet my student midwife today, she seems really nice. My midwife let her have a go at finding heartbeat...and do you think she could find it..ummmm maybe next time I will get my midwife to do it first as my heart stopped for acouple of minutes..Then she had a go and got it first pop. Heartbeat sitting at around 149 bpm so doing nicely there too.
Still feeling like crap and have to make sure I take the Elevit tablets every day or else I really pay for it.
My son has caught Hand, foot and mouth diease from a lovely lady who comes to coffee group with sick twins...grrr....so had o ask gp how this would effect me and bubs but she said all is fine so big sign of relief there.But boy do I have one grumpy boy who's mouth is very sore with blisters...Oh poor thing!!! and can only give pamol to help him.
I have scan on 29th may and I can;t wait......getting really exciting now.
oy I have found it hard o get excited though about this bub because of my m/c....i think my midwife must think I am nuts when she gets all excited about another chapter in pregnancy and I am like..yeah cool....but don't think I am showing it in my face. I really am excited but I think I am trying to protect my emotions if anything was to go wrong..bad bad thoughts my way..must change...makes mental note to myself!!!
Anyway plodding along nicely anyway and gota say this pregnancy is defintely so different than that with Cam so hopng there is a little girl growing in there...LOL...but don;t care either way as long as there is a healthy baby at the end

ImageImage

Wed May 17, 2006 10:49 pm