It is currently Fri Mar 29, 2024 5:46 pm

Question???? 

Post Question????
On sunday night I am sure i felt movement and it went on for about an hour and then yesterday i am sure i felt some too, but not really anything today. Sunday night was the first time i would of felt movement.

Has this happened to anyone else?

Kim

Tue Apr 25, 2006 6:46 pm
Profile YIM

Sounds pretty normal to me Kim - Yay for movement :D :D :D

I am sure I felt my little bubs for the first time at about 15 weeks and then had heaps of movement a week later including low wriggling when I was in the shower. It does come and go though (even now for half a day or so) so don't worry if it is not regular yet. I'm not 100% sure on when you need to think about the 10 movements in an hour tests, perhaps 28 weeks/3rd trimester.

Glad everything is still going well for you.

Claire :)

Tue Apr 25, 2006 7:26 pm
Site Admin

Claire is right Kim, I had movement at around 17 weeks but it wasn't regular and I didn't feel it every day, I haven't done kick counts this pregnancy but I think you start them around 30 weeks when bubs has settled into a little routine, sounds good to me, take care.

ImageImage

Tue Apr 25, 2006 8:02 pm
Profile E-mail

How exciting! I thought I had movements last week, but seeing as I haven't had them again, I haven't thought anything else about them.

They do say with subsequent pregnancies, that you can start feeling movements, or as they call it, quickening, from about 16 weeks. If it was your first pregnancy it would be different, which can be anything from 18 weeks on.

When do you have your next scan?

~*Mummy to now SIX angels ~ I miss you my babies ~

Wed Apr 26, 2006 12:04 pm
Profile E-mail

I had some movement at 17 weeks this time but it became regular at 18-18.5 weeks. That is pretty much the same as last time. I had myself all stressed b/c I had read that you feel it sooner the second time, but it really wasn't the case for me.
Jenn

ImageImage

Wed Apr 26, 2006 12:55 pm

I felt Maya (my first) at 17w6d (yay for writing it down so I never forget!). But it was only random flutters until 20 or so weeks I think.

Meanwhile I am sure that I have felt the odd little flutter from the gremlins downstairs since the weekend. Not 'movement' as such, more like little bubbly butterflies, and only the odd one every now and then. Am probably totally imagining it, but then having seen how much the little critters moved on the u/s on Monday, it doesn't surprise me that I've felt the odd flutter.

www.babiesonline.com/babies/m/mayadavis
www.babiesonline.com/babies/g/gremlins

Wed Apr 26, 2006 3:12 pm

I didn't feel movement with Joel until 20 weeks, but then with Maria and with this baby I started feeling them from 16 weeks onwards. It's so exciting! I remember that initially it was hard to tell the difference between baby movement and digestion!

My midwife started lecturing me about counting kicks from about 28 weeks so don't worry too much about it yet. It also depends on the placement of the placenta - if it's anterior (at the front), it is harder to feel movement which can be worrying.

Wed Apr 26, 2006 5:24 pm

Thanks everyone, My midwife said I dont have to start counting kicks till about 24 weeks on. I think it might be the baby as I have had it today too, but also could be my bowels..

I go for my next scan in about 1 to 2 weeks, I have to ring and book it, I keep forgetting.

Thanks heaps

Kim

Wed Apr 26, 2006 11:00 pm
Profile YIM