It is currently Fri Mar 29, 2024 7:54 pm

Had a fall 

Post Had a fall
Today I had a fall, I twisted my ankle and then fell onto my hands and knees and then rolled onto my side. I am sooo scared that bubs has been hurt. Bubs has been regularly been kicking me and this is more than what i have felt since first feeling movements.

Has anyone else had a fall and everything has been ok?

Kim

Sat May 06, 2006 7:26 pm
Profile YIM

Hugs Kim, how frightening. Bubs should be fine, they are pretty cushioned in there, but maybe you should get you and bubs checked so you can put your mind at ease.

I had a car accident when I was 12 weeks pregnant with Riley, I was actually on my way to my weekly scan so that was lucky, and all was fine.

Image Image

Sat May 06, 2006 7:42 pm

I know if I go to the docs there is nothing they will do on a weekend, they will just say we will have to wait and see.

I am due to have my anatomy scan on monday so might just wait till then, unless anything develops, but I cant see it as it just seems to be my leg and ankle that is really sore as I didnt fall on my stomach.

Kim

Sat May 06, 2006 9:15 pm
Profile YIM

Hi Kim - That sounds scary. I definitely agree with Jacqui that you should get yourself checked out if you have any worries. I am just about to head off to an after hours clinic myself because I have had a fever the last three nights and although Panadol helps, it is still a concern when pg (hopefully it is nothing but a long-lasting virus since I only saw my GP on Thursday afternoon).

Anyway, best of luck and I'm sure everything will be just fine...they are pretty cushioned in there :D

Sat May 06, 2006 9:18 pm

Hi there - Just thought I would write a short update post since someone may read my earlier message and wonder how I went at the after hours clinic...boy do those places have long waiting lines :?

Anyway, the doctor has put me on antibiotics which I'm kind of glad about because if I do have an infection they should stop the fevers. Completely seperate problem to the B12 deficiency of course...I'm just extra lucky at the mo :?

Kim, how are you doing?

Claire :)

Sun May 07, 2006 12:05 am
Site Admin

Hope everything goes well for you at your scan on Monday. Jacquis right, they're pretty well cushoined in there, but you have evry right to get things checked out. Keep us posted.

ImageImage

Sun May 07, 2006 2:09 am
Profile E-mail

Best to get checked. I hope all is well.
Jenn

ImageImage

Sun May 07, 2006 3:42 am

Kim, we use to live in a two storey house, and I fell down the stairs when I was 30+ weeks pregnant with DD (7), i missed a step and feel on my bottom and carried on down the stairs. I went off to the docs, as I was worried, but of course everything was fine, I remember him saying that bubs was well cushioned in there.

Take care.

Claire, I hope the antibiotics clear up that fever for you. Glad to hear you are looking after yourself.

Sun May 07, 2006 10:06 am

I fell over a rake (hidden in long grass) in the garden at about 16 weeks. Amazing how hard you fall eh? Anyway just landed on my hands and knees really and was a bit bruised but all OK. DH was there and nearly wet his pants laughing so hard - b*stard! :oops: But I suppose thats the important thing, that you don't worry too much and get all stressed out, cause thats probably worse for you that the fall!

Hope you are feeling better now.

Lizzie

Sun May 07, 2006 11:15 am
Profile E-mail

I have decided to wait till the scan and that way I am able to see bubs, where as at the hospital here they dont do scans on the weekend, they would just make me wait till tomorrow too.

My ankle feels a lil better today, but my hip is sore today too. So not long now to wait, scan is at 9.30am tomorrow morning and I will ask the radiographer to do a good check and just explain that I have had a feel and make sure things are ok.

Claire, I hope the antibiotics help and you feel better soon.

Huggles

Kim

Oh yeah forgot to say I been getting regular movement from bubs and that reassures me all is ok.

Sun May 07, 2006 1:45 pm
Profile YIM