It is currently Tue Apr 30, 2024 6:46 am

How did u/are you coping? 

Post How did u/are you coping?
How did the ones who have had subsequent pregnancies cope or ones currently pregnant cope??

My reason for asking is I feel like I am not coping as all I want is my baby born ALIVE, but the doctors dont seem to care and its like well its just a waiting game.

Mon Jul 31, 2006 12:22 pm
Profile YIM
Site Admin

Your feelings are totally understandable, I felt the same way, like it was all a waiting game. Have you told your drs how you are feeling? They should be more sympathetic to your feelings. How did I cope? Well, it was tough, I talked, here, to friends and family, I cried, I talked to bubs and told her how much I love her and how I was looking forward to meeting her, watched loads of mindless tv, slept, tried to keep busy (which is tough in the later stage of pg, being heavy and tired), went out for coffee with anyone who would have me. Your so close, hang on in there hun, it's such a hard road, but I can tell you, it's sooooo worth it in the end and once your wee bubs is here the time flies like you wouldn't beleive, I can't believe my girl is already 3 months..............You know we're here for you :)

ImageImage

Mon Jul 31, 2006 12:34 pm
Profile E-mail

I'm sorry that you are finding this so hard, it suxs that you can't just get on and enjoy this pregnancy eh? My situation was a little different from yours in that it was the first 20weeks that held most of the fears for me. I suppose the best thing I could do was just occupy myself with other stuff and try to put those feelings at the back of my mind, although they were still there. I made lots of plans which kind of helped, like in Jan we were going away to a wedding and in April we did a trip to the SI. I guess these trips away were kind of like little goals or stepping stones to get me closer to my due date. Even just small things like planning to go for a walk with friends the following day helped the time pass quicker.

I know what you mean about Dr's etc not being at all sympathetic. I kept getting everyone tell me that the chances of another late m/c were very slim and not to worry about it. How ridiculous.............of course I was going to worry, who would want to have to go through something so awful again?

Lizzie

Mon Jul 31, 2006 1:10 pm
Profile E-mail

Yes I have spoken to the doctors, myself, DH and my mum did when I was in hosp last week. I burst into tears in front of them. But we are going to keep making sure they know how I feel and maybe they might help me through it.

Kim

Mon Jul 31, 2006 1:51 pm
Profile YIM

I made it very clear to my OB that I did not want to go past 38 weeks. I had also seen a perinatologist in the States who had sent recommendations to my OB including that I don't go past 38 weeks. We discussed that all I wanted was my live child and he agreed that I should probably have a C section as there was less risk to the baby (which is all I was concerned about). He also began weekly monitoring (CTG) for an hour at a time at 32 weeks. I actually had gone for monitoring the same day that I ended up back at emergency for a C section, so it just goes to show that even the best laid plans can fall through. You need to be very clear with your doctor (I picked this one after talking to a few because he was very sympathetic and had a gentle manner). You are in charge here- just remember that.

As for the coping, I had my share of low points. Like Manda, I cried a lot too, talked to him constantly, watched TV and took naps every day. Try to take it easy and save up your energy for the day your bubs meets the outside world.

ImageImage

Sun Aug 06, 2006 1:13 am