It is currently Sat Apr 20, 2024 1:37 am

Baby Movements 

Post Baby Movements
OK this is on my mind all the time, if he doesnt move i get really worried and sit there till he does.

What I want to know is how much did your bubs move at about 32 weeks?

Kim

Sat Aug 05, 2006 6:23 pm
Profile YIM

Hi Kim - Hmmmm I think movement can vary quite a bit. My bubs is fairly wriggly but my mw still reminded me to make sure I feel at least 10 good movements a day.

Does having a bath or cold drink make a difference? What about some good prodding?

Hope this helps.

Claire :)

Sat Aug 05, 2006 9:22 pm

I honestly couldn't tell you - but my MW told me at least 10 good movements every 12 hours.

This wee one moves a little during the day - not a lot - but still enough to let me know she's there. She's usually pretty quiet when walking or in the car, and is most active at night.

If I remember rightly, Cameron was more of a mover at night rather than during the day or all the time.

Like Claire says, it can vary between babies

~*Mummy to now SIX angels ~ I miss you my babies ~

Sat Aug 05, 2006 9:47 pm
Profile E-mail

I found that it depended on which way my bubs was lying. I felt the outward kicks but was a lways a bit unsure of the inward ones. My OB told me to look for 4 movement every hour for 4 times a day, but I did 10 every hour 4 times a day (and if not I recounted the next hour just to be safe as I was not taking any chances with just the 4). I found that I often had to lie down and count for 2 hours at 31-32 weeks. I also used orange juice and even ice cream to boost my sugar level if I didn't feel the 10 kicks the first hour.

ImageImage

Sun Aug 06, 2006 1:02 am
Site Admin

I didn't really do the kick count thing, bad I know, but Loralei moved quite alot. It can also depend on whether your placenta is prosterier or anterier (SP???), you now, front or back, Trinitys was on the front and I did't feel alot of her movements, Loraleis was on the back so I felt her a quite a bit.

ImageImage

Sun Aug 06, 2006 9:48 am
Profile E-mail

Maya was a big wriggler, of these two Mercedes (on the right) moves constantly whereas Sienna (on the left) moves a lot less. They move a lot more when I am lying still - or maybe I just notice it more then.

In my pregnancy record there is a kick chart, the 10 movements in 12 hours thing. But like Jenn said something sweet or cold like icecream or even a glass of cold water will usually get bubs moving just to reassure you.

www.babiesonline.com/babies/m/mayadavis
www.babiesonline.com/babies/g/gremlins

Sun Aug 06, 2006 12:17 pm

I am totally in awe of how much one baby can move..this wee girl inside me is either very active or has ADHD and boy does she make my tummy move!
But on the other hand I never remember Cameron moving much at all. Defiently my DP couldn't feel the kicks when I could and I never saw my tummy look like n acean with waves like this one does. But he was born at 32 weeks...healthy though!
I would go for the 10 movemnts aday but I do understand how you feel as when this one is quiet I start to freak out abit! If ya still worried talk to your midwife and she put ya right anyway

ImageImage
http://lynne1.wordpress.com/

Sun Aug 06, 2006 10:27 pm

Since I was admitted last week for decrease of movements they all seem to be good. He moves quite a bit and I have talked to my mw previously about it and she said 10 movements in 12 hours, but thats just not enuff for me. I do my kick chart and he has normally kicked 10 movements between 9am and 11am. But He also moves heaps rest of the day.

Mon Aug 07, 2006 7:36 pm
Profile YIM