It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 9:26 pm

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 94 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
 Bridget's Pregnancy 

Sorry to hear about the glucose test, fingers crossed it was a one off and fridays will come back fine.

Awesome to hear bubs is doing well and lots of movement YAY.

Huggles
Kim

Wed Nov 22, 2006 12:34 pm
Profile YIM

I am crossing my fingers for you too Bridget. Let us know how Friday goes.
Jenn

ImageImage

Wed Nov 22, 2006 1:43 pm

www.babiesonline.com/babies/m/mayadavis
www.babiesonline.com/babies/g/gremlins

Wed Nov 22, 2006 2:07 pm

I hope the test on Friday showed you can still have a bit of chocolate!

Cheers,
Melanie

Sat Nov 25, 2006 6:10 pm

Hope all is well, what would live without chocolate be like. lol..... I LOVE CHOCOLATE TOO.

Take care

Sun Nov 26, 2006 9:17 am

I hope everything comes back ok

((hugs))

~*Mummy to now SIX angels ~ I miss you my babies ~

Mon Nov 27, 2006 9:33 am
Profile E-mail

How did it go Bridget? Thinking of you and hoping that Chocolate is on the menu for Christmas.

ImageImage

Mon Nov 27, 2006 10:34 am

YES!!!!!!!! Finally a test that I pass. I did really well on the 3 hour glucose tolerance test, so I am allowed to eat as I have been. I really hated having the test done. I had to be at the hospital at 8 in the morning and had to drink 3 huge glasses of this really nasty sugary drink. I actually gagged a few times. Then had to be stuck for blood 5 different times. The whole process took almost 4 hours to complete, but in the end everything came out ok, so really no need to complain.

I'm just happy I don't have to pass up all the xmas chocolate (one of the joys in my life).
I go back to the Dr.'s next week. I'm on every other week visists right now. Am to have an ultrasound done the week before xmas, and then I'll be on twice a week visits starting the week of xmas. The dr.'s are going to do alot of fetal monitoring, heartrate checks, non stress tests starting at 33 weeks (I'm 29 weeks tomorrow).

Still looking at being induced at 37 weeks, so only about 8 more weeks to go. Should have my baby here sometime around January 26th.

Bridget

Tue Nov 28, 2006 7:18 am
Site Admin

Thats fantastic news, so good you get to have good old choccy for xmas, don't know if I could survive without it :lol:

I'm so happy everything is going well for you and that they're going to do lots of monitoring.

Not long to go now. With the busiest time of the year here I'm sure it's going to fly by and you'll be holding your new bub before you know it :D

ImageImage

Tue Nov 28, 2006 8:23 am
Profile E-mail

Oh Bridget, I am so happy foryou. Wow time has flown by! Hang in there!

ImageImage

Tue Nov 28, 2006 8:30 am

Not long to go for us now eh?

Tue Nov 28, 2006 9:17 am

Image Image

Tue Nov 28, 2006 9:21 am

Great news Bridget! I hope the next 8 weeks pass quickly for you!

www.babiesonline.com/babies/m/mayadavis
www.babiesonline.com/babies/g/gremlins

Tue Nov 28, 2006 1:51 pm

Tue Nov 28, 2006 2:34 pm

~*Mummy to now SIX angels ~ I miss you my babies ~

Wed Nov 29, 2006 4:31 pm
Profile E-mail

Well I'm getting ready to head into my 35th week, so I am completely stressed right now. I lost my little Tyler when I was 35 weeks along, so as you can all tell, I'm really sitting on pins and needles right now. I do have an ultrasound scheduled for this thursday, so I'm trying to look forward to that.

The dr.'s plan is to induce me sometime in my 37th week after they do an amniocentesis. They want to make sure the babys lungs are mature before they induce. So I guess I'll be looking at an induction sometime between Monday Jan 22, and Friday Jan 26. The date hasn't been set in stone yet, but I'm going to talk to my OB dr. this thursday during the ultrasound.

I've been trying to get the baby's room ready as well as other things, but am finding it very hard to do. I finally went into the nursery rooms closet to start washing up some baby clothes and about collapsed when I saw all the clothes I bought for TJ just hanging there with the store tags still on them.

This baby is going to be a surprise, as my dh and I decided not to find out what it will be. I'm not sure if I'll be able to wear little TJ's clothes on this one if it's a boy, but I'll have to work that out when the time comes.

I know wednesday will hit hard, as it was on a wednesday during my 35th week that I realised something was wrong with TJ and that he wasn't moving anymore.

I've been keeping close tabs on this baby, and I do have to say this baby is a mover and a shaker. I keep telling my dh that I think this baby has restless leg syndrome, as it is constantly kicking me. Very reassuring though.

well enough rambeling from me.

Bridget

Tue Jan 09, 2007 12:28 pm

I know how hard that must be. Don't try to do too much at one time. Just focus on having a healthy baby and then there will be time to sort through clothes when you get him/her back home. Get the essentials out and leave the rest. If I was there I would bag up the other clothes for you, as it will be difficult either way (if you have a boy or a girl) looking at those clothes again-take baby steps girl!

I will be thinking of you loads this week. Hang in there,

Jenn

ImageImage

Tue Jan 09, 2007 2:33 pm

Sending lots of hugs and thoughts your way this week Bridget.

Like Jenn said, just take baby steps, things seem to have a way of coming together in the end.

Take care
Jacqui

Image Image

Tue Jan 09, 2007 5:38 pm
Site Admin

I agree, take it one step at a time hun, don't worry too much about the clothes, make up your mind when bubs arrives what you want to do with them, perhasp just get a few essentials. I thought I wouldn't be able to put Loralei in Trinitys clothes, I didn't really even like to look at them before she arrived, but as it turns out, I had no problem, it felt a little odd at first, but then I figured, they'd be handed down to my next bub anyway so it sort of felt nice that they could be worn by her sibling. Everyone is different though. Chin up girl, not long to go now.

ImageImage

Tue Jan 09, 2007 7:55 pm
Profile E-mail

I see now why you are having the amnio - I did not know they could tell such things from an amnio - amazing.

BIG hugs for tomorow - it will be a great hurdle to cross and have behind you. Try not to think about it all day but I am sure it will be emotional for you and there is no way around that. I still find having a cry therapeutic and feel better for it, the build up is the worst bit I find.

I only had a few pink things for Amelie and it took me ages and just the right frame of mind to put them away and since then have been given heaps of boy stuff which has been a good new focus. As the others have said - don't push yourself - it will happen all in good time.Just take some body suits to the hospital and worry about the rest of it later.

Okay pg buddy - we are nearly there and we can do this!!

Wed Jan 10, 2007 9:28 pm

Well having a hard time sleeping. I'm having alot of braxton hicks contractions, and some lower pelvic pressure. Nothing regular yet, but they are definately there. I don't believe I'm in early labor yet since they aren't real regular, but I'm keeping an eye on them. It['s been going on for a couple days now.

See the dr. tomorrow afternoon to have a 35 week ultrasound. I'll talk to him about these contractions, and see what he thinks. I'm supposed to work at the hospital this weekend (in the emergency room), for my last 2 shifts before I start maternity leave, but I think I might see if my obstitrician will let me off....I'm also swelling in my ankles and feet and I don't think running around a busy ER will help with that.

I made it thru today.....I kept thinking about my little TJ and how I knew at this time with him that he was gone. Thankfully this little munchkin that I'm carrying was over active all day...so no worries there.

Well I'm going to try and go back to bed.....

Bridget

Thu Jan 11, 2007 5:31 pm

((((BIG HUGS)))) Bridget - Sounds like you do need to take it easy.

Re: your contractions - I had contractions (really strong ones and sometimes regular) with Holly for 4 weeks before finally going into labour so they may not be anything to worry about. They're not very nice though, are they? and very tiring!!!!

Hope you get the rest you need...it will be all on once your new little bubs arrives...can't wait to see some pics :D

Claire :)

Thu Jan 11, 2007 6:07 pm

Well the contractions settled down a little, not haveing quite as many, so I'm hoping for a better nights sleep tonight.

Ultrasound went well today, the baby is measuring right on for dates and is estimated to be about 5lbs 14oz. I'm not yet dialated, but am 50% effaced, so things seem to be settling into place. I'm scheduled for 2 non stresses next week, and then an amnio early the following week, with induction to take place either Jan 25th or Jan 26th (depending on the dr.'s schedule).

I can't believe I may just have a baby here in 2 weeks from today. I'm scared and excited. I told the dr. to have the ativan or some sort of sedative ready, because I'm sure to start freaking out during and after the delivery. I just pray to hear a baby cry this time, and not that deafing silence that came about last time. I get chills still just thinking about it.

So that's it for me......roll on 2 more weeks (please come quickly!!!!!!!!)

Bridget

Fri Jan 12, 2007 12:37 pm

Great news Bridget. Here's hoping the next two weeks fly by for you!

Big Hugs, 'Jenn

ImageImage

Fri Jan 12, 2007 1:28 pm

I so know I am going to cry when our little boy comes out alive. I cannot contemplate a repeat of the non moving silent baby. The emotional build up till then is a bit of a head spinner I feel. We are both being so monitored everything must go right this time.

Big hugs and best wishes,
Melanie

Sun Jan 14, 2007 10:18 pm
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 94 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next