It is currently Sat Apr 20, 2024 12:53 am

Bridget's Pregnancy 

Post Bridget's Pregnancy
Well since everyone else has a special little thread, I guess I'll start one too. Unfortunately not much to update. I saw the Dr. today for my 16 week checkup, and all looks good. They drew the blood for the triple screen test to check for down syndrome or spina bifada. Not really holding my breath on the results though. They came back abnormal when I was pregnant with alyssa, and she is completely fine.

I go in 2 weeks for a specialized level 2 ultrasound to check brain, heart and kidney function. My dr. (who incidently is the same dr. who delivered tyler) is being wonderful. He's being very cautious with me, even though Tyler died of freak cord accident that couldn't be predicted. I'm very happy with the care I'm recieving.

Haven't felt any movements yet, but am anxiously awaiting that day. I have a fetal doppler here at home, and I check the heartbeat every so often.

On another note......My daughter alyssa starts preschool in the morning and I'm feeling a little bummed that she is growing up so fast. She's extremely anxious and giddy about going, and I think the only tears that will be shed tomorrow will be mine when I have to leave her there. At least she's only gone 3 hours. Still can't believe she's 3 and flying the coup already.

Well enough rambeling from me. Hope everyone is doing well. It so nice to see how everyone else's pregnancies are going. I feel so alone though, since my little bubs won't be here until next year and everyone else is due within the next couple of months.

Bridget

Thu Aug 31, 2006 1:45 pm

Glad to everything is well with you and bubs and it's good to see you are getting wonderful care.

Our little ones grow up so fast, I remember when Tylar was just a baby and thinking I wonder what she will be like when shes 10 and here she is now 11 and I have trouble seeing where all the years went.
Anyway I hope all goes well with Alyssa starting preschool :)

Take care
Jacqui

Image Image

Thu Aug 31, 2006 3:48 pm

I am glad that everything is going well and that you are receiving good care.
Good luck with the pre school.
Jenn

ImageImage

Fri Sep 01, 2006 1:54 am

Glad to hear that things are going well for you at the moment.

Can't believe how far along you are already!

((hugs))

~*Mummy to now SIX angels ~ I miss you my babies ~

Mon Sep 04, 2006 5:23 pm
Profile E-mail

Well I had the AFP (triple screen test) drawn last week. I got a call from my obstetrician this morning saying they came back abnormal for down syndrome. The same thing happend when I was pregnant with alyssa (and she doesn't have downs), but we refused to have them done when I was preg. with Tyler (I didn't want to go thru all the testing I had to with alyssa). After Tyler died, I was so angry with myself for refusing the test, even though what he died of wouldn't have been predicted by the test.

Anyhow.... I'm 31 years old, and normally 31 year olds have a 1 in 526 chance of having a child with downs, Mine came back that I have a 1 in 90 chance of the baby have down's. I had to go see a genetic dr. and neonatologist when I was pregnant with alyssa because of this, and I'm going to do the same next week. I do remeber last time that the dr. said that auto immune diseases can interefere with the test, and I have rheumatoid arthritis which is an auto immune disease, so it may be just a fluke in the test because of that.

I'm trying not to freak out too much about it just yet since I know Alyssa turned out normal. I also keep thinking that I would rather have a child with downs then to have to go thru what I did with TYler. I have a specialized ultrasound scheduled for next wednesday that can also check and see if the baby has any classic down syndrome type symptoms (like flat forehead, thick neck or short arms and legs). I'll know more next week....so I'm hanging out until then.

Bridget

Thu Sep 07, 2006 7:57 am

Oh Bridget that is so hard! Can you get an amnio over there or is it too many weeks now? Or is the triple screen test done from Amniotic fluid? We had a bad result at 12 weeks and had to do a CVS which fortunately was clear. But It was SO stressful waiting. BIG hugs and best wishes!!

PS That is interesting that the same thing happened with Alyssa. So it must be possible to have a false positive.....

Thu Sep 07, 2006 9:49 am

Oh Bridget that must be so difficult. I am thinking of you, hang in there.

I think the odds of you having 2 positive results are so slim without something else being a factor (such aa the RA).

Jenn

ImageImage

Thu Sep 07, 2006 1:02 pm
Site Admin

Wow Birdget, what alot you have to deal with, sounds like your keeping a pretty level head over it all, will be thinking of you when you have your scan on Wednesday, hang on in there girl.

ImageImage

Thu Sep 07, 2006 2:50 pm
Profile E-mail

Thinking of you Bridget, and wishing you all the best for the scan next week.

www.babiesonline.com/babies/m/mayadavis
www.babiesonline.com/babies/g/gremlins

Fri Sep 08, 2006 2:10 pm

Hi Bridget, just letting you know I'm thinking of you (((HUGS)))

Jacqui

Image Image

Fri Sep 08, 2006 2:15 pm

Fri Sep 08, 2006 7:55 pm
Profile E-mail

Just wanted to say that I am thinking of you and wishing you all the best for your scan next week. It does sound a little suspicious that you also got an abnormal result with Alyssa but I guess that doesn't really help too much with the worry.

Keep safe.

Claire :)

Sat Sep 09, 2006 12:20 am

I go in for the level 2 ultrasound tomorrow. A little nervous about it. THe genetic dr. and neonatologist are going to be looking to see if they see any markers for down syndrome, and to check and see why my triple screen test is so abnormal.

How am I going to get any sleep tonight????

Bridget

Wed Sep 13, 2006 12:53 pm

Oh Bridget - I hope you manage to get a little sleep tonight. Fingers crossed that all looks well tomorrow.

Take care.

Wed Sep 13, 2006 12:56 pm

Well the level 2 ultrasound went really well. The baby is measuring exactly on for dates. The dr. didn't see any markers indicating down's syndrome so he increased my odds to 1 in 200, which is alot better than 1 in90. We refused the amnio at this time. We are fairly comfortable with just the ultrasound, and don't want to risk any complications that may happen with having an amnio at this time.

The neonatologist is recommending to my ob dr. that I have an amnio at 36-37 weeks to check for lung maturity and then be induced at that time if the amnio is ok. He doesn't want to risk a late in pregnancy stillbirth like last time.

OH also on a side note....he looked really hard around the fluid and didn't see any amniotic bands floating around, so that is a relief too.

Feeling much better now. I'm going to take a long nap as I didn't sleep much last night

Bridget

Thu Sep 14, 2006 8:58 am

YAY - That is fantastic news Bridget. I am so pleased for you and your family.

Enjoy your nap.

Thu Sep 14, 2006 10:09 am

That's awesome news hun! I hope now that you can relax a wee bit!

((hugs))

Thu Sep 14, 2006 10:21 am
Profile E-mail

Yay Bridget! I hope now you can get some rest!

www.babiesonline.com/babies/m/mayadavis
www.babiesonline.com/babies/g/gremlins

Thu Sep 14, 2006 2:36 pm

Bridget that is great news - what a relief!

Thu Sep 14, 2006 8:18 pm

Just thought I'd do an update....not that there is much to update. Saw the dr. this past week for my 24 week checkup...all seems to be going well. Baby is moving around alot....especially at meal times which is a relief.

Having much trouble sleeping though. I've been having terrible nightmares and then I just toss and turn all night. Poor Alyssa....I'm so tired during the day..and grouchy...she doesn't know what to do with me. Thank goodness she's in preschool 2 days a week...I catch up on sleep when she is gone.

We still don't know what we are having. Josh and I want it to be a surprise. We finally told Alyssa that we were going to have another baby (really can't hide the extra 15 pounds I'm carrying around). She's really excited, keeps rubbing my belly and states " I want a baby sister". We've tried to explain to her (she's 3) that babies can be boys also, like her brother Tyler, but she is so sure it's a girl. Maybe she knows something we don't.

So I guess that's it. Like I said not too much to update. Just kinda hanging out until Jan./ Feb.
which still is such a long ways off.

Bridget

Fri Oct 27, 2006 6:32 pm

Nice to hear things are progressing well and you are getting lots of movement
Sorry about the nightmares, I had really awful dreams when I pregnant with Kairyn :(
Alyssa sounds very excited :)

Take care and I hope you start having some better sleep soon
Jacqui

Image Image

Fri Oct 27, 2006 7:40 pm

Buggar about the nightmares eh - I had some strange ones with Sarah, but don't remember them with Cam!

Cameron was also very interested in my belly - sounds very cute with Alyssa

Sat Oct 28, 2006 11:44 am
Profile E-mail

I am dreaming like a trooper too and yes you could say grumpy (when tired of course) so I guess its normal for this time of our pg?

I find the dreams very bizarre - are you writing yours down at all? Mine make no sense. I am sorry to hear yours are true nightmares. How are you feeling emotionally during the day? I tend to try just to get on with life and work but know i need to put more time into processing the grief which is always there. Maybe that will help the dreams I wonder?

Big hugs and best wishes,
Melanie

PS My EDD is the 12th of Feb but all going well we will have a caeser or induction a week or two before that. Do you have any firm dates?

Sat Oct 28, 2006 7:02 pm

Well my 28 week checkup didn't go as well as planned. I failed my glucose test by 16 points, so now the dr. is questioning the possibility of gestational diabetes. I have to go to the hospital early friday morning to have a 3 hour sugar test done. If I fail that one also, I'll be put on a strict diet. I'm hoping that todays test was just a fluke, because I don't think I have the will power to go thru the holidays without any sweets (I'm a chocaholic)!!!!!!!

Baby seems to be doing well. Getting plenty of movements, and when I feel the need, I pull out the dopplar to hear the heartbeat (which always putts a smile on my face).

Hope everyone else is doing well.

Bridget

Wed Nov 22, 2006 10:39 am

Bugger about the glucose test, fingers crossed everything turns out to be fine, you may eat all the chocolate you want over christmas :)
Glad to hear bubs is doing good and you are getting lot of movements.

Take care
Jacqui

Image Image

Wed Nov 22, 2006 10:53 am