It is currently Thu Apr 25, 2024 6:50 pm

When to give birth?? 

Post When to give birth??
Well I'm in a bit of a dilemma seeing as BB3 has decided he does not want to be left out of the April birthday club
When I first calculated my dates I was due on the 24th April which was Rileys due date, but after all my early scans my due date has been changed to the 28th April, which I'm all good about, but seeing as I will be induced again, I'm kinda stuck as to what day to be induced on, I don't want to be induced at 37 weeks due to what happened with Kairyn, but in saying that had I waited with him, I may have lost him too, anyway I have decided that at around 38 weeks would be safe but that puts it pretty much right around Tylars b/d 10th and then there is Rileys b/d 13th, the 11th is out as that is the day I found out that I had lost Riley, so I was thinking the 14th, is this too close to Rileys birthdate, will I cope being so pregnant and following a very similar timeline to Riley, having to go through his anniversery while being at the same stage of pregnancy??
But I really feel that I can't wait for labour to happen naturally and I really don't want to have to go past the 38 week mark.

Any thoughts and advice would be greatly appreciated :)

Jacqui

Image Image

Sat Jan 20, 2007 2:19 pm

Not sure if I can help much. I was a bit perplexed when deciding when to be induced. I'm afraid going at 37 weeks is too soon, but yet I feel better having the baby out where I can monitor it better. So 37 weeks it is for me. I'm starting to feel like I'm damned if I do and I'm damned if I don't. In the end, I don't really have any control over what will happen, so I'm just going with my gut instinct and going for it.

It is such a tough decision you have to make. It is so hard, but yet maybe having the baby so close to Riley's bd is his way of saying that he's OK. It might be his present to you. How did you handle Riley's bd last year???? Was it a calm experience, or was it just a really rough day? I think the days leading up to the birthday anniversaries are the hardest, so for me, if I had to decide, I would probably choose the days following Riley's bday.

Does any of this make sense??? I tend to ramble sometimes.

Bridget

Sat Jan 20, 2007 2:54 pm

I wish I had some advice, but all I can say is that we're thinking of you Jacqui and your new lil man. I was induced with the twins at 37w2d according to LMP dates but based on early scan dates was more like 36w4d and we didn't have any probs, they were breathing well on their own and we were able to transfer to Birthcare a few hours after birth. In saying that tho I do remember what a stressful time it was for you when Kairyn was born and that he did have a few little probs to start with, and I totally understand you wanting to avoid that again!

((Hugs))
Emma

www.babiesonline.com/babies/m/mayadavis
www.babiesonline.com/babies/g/gremlins

Sat Jan 20, 2007 8:21 pm

My feeling from reading what you say it sounds like the 14th may be best with lots of CTG's leading up to this and going earlier if you have to. The CTGs should give you peace of mind to go that bit longer and grow your baby that bit more. How are your growth scans going?

It may be good to set a date now so you can relax a bit but with optional flexibility.

BIG hugs,
Melanie

Sun Jan 21, 2007 11:08 am

I don't have any answers for you either but I do agree about going with your gut and what it's telling you.

If I had to recommend a date, the 14th does sound like the best solution...bubs has a little longer to grow and you have time to think of Riley, celebrate his birthday and then concentrate on your new little guy's arrival.

Hope this helps - sending you (((((BIG HUGS)))))

Take care

Claire :)

Sun Jan 21, 2007 9:48 pm