It is currently Tue Apr 30, 2024 10:28 pm

Funky Knitting Patterns for Baby 

Post Funky Knitting Patterns for Baby
:knitt: :knitt: Just wondering if anyone knows a good source of funky knitting pattners for babies and toddlers? I have been doing a search on the net, but only seem to come up with very old fashion looking patterns. I'm keen to knit something with some bright vibrant colours. :knitt: :knitt: :knitt: :knitt:

Fri Nov 21, 2008 12:22 pm
Profile E-mail WWW
Site Admin

Oh Tanya, sign up for Ravelry https://www.ravelry.com/account/login You need to wait for an invitation after you've signed up but it's well worth it and it doesn't take long. There's thousands of free patterns and pay ones.
I've got a couple of books too if you wanted to borrow them, I'll see if I can find links to them, will wait till the kids are sleeping.
Also I love wool form here http://www.thewoolcompany.co.nz/Product ... tegoryId=5 I've knitted heaps of longies (knitted pants) and I'm doing a dress for Lols for next winter too, out of the multi colouers wool. I'm inot wool dying atm, you can make up whatever combos you want.
Did you have anything in mind?

ImageImage

Fri Nov 21, 2008 1:46 pm
Profile E-mail

Thanks for that Manda. Have signed up for that site

I'm not 100% sure what I am after ..... until I see it. I am not an expert knitter - so it can't be too tricky.

It probably doesn't help either that I'm not letting on whether it's a boy or a girl! immmmmm..... might have to re-think that one.

I've seen some quite cool Sirdar ones - but they all cost (I was hoping for a free one) - tho if I can't find something, I might have to resort to that.

Fri Nov 21, 2008 2:18 pm
Profile E-mail WWW

Hi Tanya - don't know much about knitting or patterns (Mum is left handed and I am right handed , so the whole teaching thing never really worked...lol)

I was just thinking though....Hmmmm I wonder what funky colours you are going to be using.....lol...any ideas?

Fri Nov 21, 2008 2:29 pm
Profile E-mail
Site Admin

I just did a quick search on ravelry and there's heaps of sirdar patterns.
Here's a really cute unisex vest http://vintagepurls.net.nz/Downloads/Si ... dPants.pdf
It's looks old fasioned, but with a bright colour would look really nice, wish I'd seen that one for Gabe, maybe next winter, oh, in cotton for summer would be good, hmmmmmmmmm. It's pretty straight forward, there's not muany complicated stitches in it at all (if any, depends what level your at I guess).
Carleys on Ravelry too. I'm trinityclair there too.

a bit OT but, I'm eyeing up these for myself http://shop.vintagepurls.co.nz/knitting ... od_15.html NNIICCEEEE

ImageImage

Fri Nov 21, 2008 2:31 pm
Profile E-mail
Site Admin

Here's a couple I have that you could borrow:
Gabby has one of these, very cute: http://www.ukhandknitting.com/ I don't think that link will take you straight to the site, go to UKHKA knitting pattern on the left hand menue and look at pattern #UKHKA 54
Lols has the long sleeve version of this: UKHKA 55 (right next to the other pattern.
Ugh, I can't find pics of the other ones, but they're a lottle more old fashioned.
I luuurrve this book: http://www.theyarnqueen.co.nz/index.htm ... &ID=191135
Tis one is great too (click on 'next image to see all the patterns in t he book): http://www.theyarnqueen.co.nz/index.htm ... &ID=177933
and this one has some nice classics that would look great in bright colours: http://www.theyarnqueen.co.nz/index.htm ... &ID=177939

If you want, pm me and I'll send them to you.

ImageImage

Fri Nov 21, 2008 2:50 pm
Profile E-mail

Hi Tanya, I too have heaps of patterns here that you can borrow if you want. I have been tending towards jerseys, cardys, hat and booties.

PM me with your address and I will pop them into the post for ya. once I have finished the last project :blush: one bootie left to go then just have to stitch everything up.

Fri Nov 21, 2008 4:33 pm
Profile E-mail WWW

I LOVE some of those UKHKA ones. I assume they are available in NZ?

I might wait to see what ravelry has available before I get you to send me any (just in case I don't need them).

Thanks for the offer too Carley - but I'll just wait and see what I can get and then I don't have to stress about remembering to get them back to either of you.

:knitt: :knitt: :knitt: :knitt:

Fri Nov 21, 2008 4:41 pm
Profile E-mail WWW

Hey Chook there is no hurry to get them back as this is the last one and I doubt that I will be knitting anymore newborn clothes, plus if it is easier I can copy the patterns if you would like, then you can hang onto them.

Fri Nov 21, 2008 8:03 pm
Profile E-mail WWW

Fri Nov 21, 2008 8:11 pm
Profile E-mail WWW

Manda - I have just PM'd you TWICE as I was having a bit of a preggy moment and asked you to send me the 2 Sirdar patterns you have - when in actual fact it was the UKHKA 54 and 55 I was after.

Caitlyn is whining about wanting a jersey made for her - so might give 55 a go.

Thanks

....... better get back to the couch I think!

Mon Nov 24, 2008 8:33 am
Profile E-mail WWW

Carley - got those patterns today - thank you so much!! I am just about finished my first project but can't post a photo as that would give away too much!!! Looking forward to starting my next one now!

Thu Nov 27, 2008 3:50 pm
Profile E-mail WWW

:rofl: aww come on you could post a pic...or better yet PM me a pic :rofl:

Thu Nov 27, 2008 5:39 pm
Profile E-mail WWW

Post Re: Funky Knitting Patterns for Baby
Manda - thanks so much for the pattnerns which arrived today. I've got a couple of other projects on the go at the moment, so it might take me a while to get to them. Let me know if you are in a hurry to get them back and I can always take a photo copy.

Thanks again.
:bighug:

Sat Dec 13, 2008 1:09 pm
Profile E-mail WWW
Site Admin

Post Re: Funky Knitting Patterns for Baby
No probs hun, I was going to put a note in with them, and was going to put them in a plastic sleeve, but just remembered I was going to post them as I was running out the door, so it was all a bit rushed. No hurry, i've got a huge queue on Ravelry of things I want to knit.

ImageImage

Sat Dec 13, 2008 10:39 pm
Profile E-mail