It is currently Sat Apr 27, 2024 3:25 am

Another thankful newbie 

Post Another thankful newbie
Hi all,
Was advised by Alana at SANDS about this fantastic website and group of mothers. My daughter Mackenzie passed away on Nov 11th 2008. She was born at 26 weeks gestation due to preeclampsia. My partner and I were truely blessed to have spent 34 days in Auck NICU with our beautiful little bubba. Sadly her lungs couldnt cope and she was unable to be weaned from the oscillator. There is not a day that I havent cried because of absolutely longing to have her back, she was my first child. I am soooooooooooo glad to have found a place where others are able despite their own losses to offer their support to others.

Dot
(Mackenzie's mum)

Tue Dec 02, 2008 9:45 pm

Post Re: Another thankful newbie
Hi Dot,

I'm so sorry that you have joined this club. It sounds like you have been through a far bit, but I am also glad that you got to spend those precious days with MacKenzie, although I can imagine it would have been full of highs and lows. ((((Big Hugs))) to you and your partner.

You have found a wonderful site to hopefully help you though the tough times, and I look forward to getting to know you and your Angel Mackenzie better.

I should be at the Sands group on Saturday, so I look forward to meeting you.

We lost our little angel Satori who was born sleeping on Nov 14th 07 at 36.5 weeks gestation. Its been a long hard year, and I think about her constantly.

Be kind & gentle to yourself as I imagine things are pretty raw at this time for you both(((Hugs)))

Tue Dec 02, 2008 10:01 pm
Profile E-mail

:bighug: Dot and Welcome. I am sure you will find as much support here as I have. I don't think I would have made it through some days without this site.

My daughter Georgia was still born on 11th January 2008 at 26 weeks gestation due to pre eclampsia, she weighed a tiny 325gms. As you will see from my signature I am pregnant with my second child, and finding it all very scary, the ladies on here have been wonderful right throughout.

I lookforward to getting to know you and your Angel McKenzie.

Image Image

ImageImage

Tue Dec 02, 2008 10:05 pm
Profile E-mail

I am really looking forward to the SANDS meeting Saturday and getting to meet and hear the stories of others. This site has provided alot of support so far.

Dot

Tue Dec 02, 2008 11:23 pm

Your angels are both so beautiful and precious Mackenzie was born 600g and at her lat weigh in was 945g.

Dot

Tue Dec 02, 2008 11:25 pm

Hi Dot, I am so sorry for your loss, it breaks my heart every time I read another entry, sending you lots of love. I never found the site until about 4 months after we lost Anya (also our first child) and will no active Sands group down in Invercargill It really helped to find the site and know what I was feeling was normal and part of the grieving process. Look after yourself x

Wed Dec 03, 2008 9:11 am

Hi Dot, a sad welcome to TLO (I think I've said hello in another thread too maybe?)
I am going to the Sands meeting on Saturday (yay, can't wait, it's been too long!) so will say hi when I see you :)

Wed Dec 03, 2008 9:54 pm
Profile WWW

Hi Dot, it was nice to "meet" you on the phone last week. Am glad that you found your way to this site and this awesome, supportive group of ladies.
I probably won't make it to the meeting on Saturday but it is a great bunch of people so I hope that you find it helpful.

Thu Dec 04, 2008 10:35 pm

Welcome Dot. I'm so sorry to welcome you here. My wee bit spent most of her life on the Oscillator too. I hated that thing. I still dream about that noise it makes.

My little one was born June 14, 2007 and lived for 23 short days. She caught an infection known as NEC and it murdered her wee kidneys. She died on July 7, 2007

Fri Dec 05, 2008 7:00 am