It is currently Fri Mar 29, 2024 9:43 pm

Ok girls, I need your help, another Lisa thread 
Site Admin

Post Ok girls, I need your help, another Lisa thread
I've just had a call from the celebrant for Lisa funeral and Ian wanted a representative from each group she belonged to to speak. Ian suggested me :shock: as a rep for TLO. Now, I will try and put some words together and run them by you all to see what you think, but if you have any suggestions or anything you would like to be included, please post here. I'm a tad freaked out but hopefully I'll get my head around it. I'm gonna need your help.

ImageImage

Fri Apr 10, 2009 10:37 am
Profile E-mail

Post Re: Ok girls, I need your help, another Lisa thread
What a wonderful thing to do Manda.

One thing Lisa always stood by was being herself!!

Maybe you could go thru her posts and find things on there.

:angel:Caeden Hugh @21.1wks 10/08

IVF Mummy to 3 Beautiful :angel: Boys!!

An Angel in the book of life
wrote down my baby’s birth
and whispered as she closed the book
"too beautiful for the Earth"

Fri Apr 10, 2009 11:58 am

Lisa was always up front and honest, if she had something to say it was the truth all the time something you could count on.

In her short life she packed in more than someone would inover 80 years, she lived life to the full.

Lisa's smile was contagious (seen from photos), everyone with her always had a smile on their face too.

Andrew (23/04/04)
Joshua (14/02/07) our little valentine
and an angel in heaven (20/10/01)

Fri Apr 10, 2009 12:22 pm

The two things that stand out for me are Lisa's courage, even when life dealt her one shitty deal after another she still kept getting back up again and fought right to the very end, she never conceded defeat.

I guess I feel like the cancer didn't win, she defeated it coz even tho it took her life, the legacy she has left in all of us is so evident in the way everyone is pulling together around each other in this sad time - the cancer took her body, but her spirit is still very much with all of us.

And the other thing that stands out for me is huggles. When I think of Lisa, I always think of huggles.

www.babiesonline.com/babies/m/mayadavis
www.babiesonline.com/babies/g/gremlins

Fri Apr 10, 2009 1:38 pm

OMG such a special thing for Ian to ask you to do.
Are you looking at the who was Lisa thing /who was Lisa to TLO's group etc/....suppose what angle does it go in differs to what you may say...but i say its gotta be done with her humour and something that would make her PMSL laughing when she watching ya
My biggest memory of getting to know Lisa was her humour.....I never meet her but she was a doll.
I loved how she intorduced the crunchie bar with Liane...that is always one of my biggest thoughts and smiles, I looked forward to an update and a measured pictured of that darn crunchie beside her darling daughter.
And didn't she not want us to go over board and do fun things for her...she preferred it get spend or someone else deserving be given it...she never thought of herself ever!!!
She was so brave , strong and loved everyone !
Wishing you a huge amount of strength hun.

ImageImage
http://lynne1.wordpress.com/

Fri Apr 10, 2009 3:01 pm

Lisa was always there to offer her hand in support when you needed it - at a time when she was battling this terrible disease of Cancer.

I don't have much else to add because I think most of what I wanted to say has been summed up by the girls already.

What an honor Amanda - Lisa would be proud :)

~*Mummy to now SIX angels ~ I miss you my babies ~

Fri Apr 10, 2009 11:38 pm
Profile E-mail

Oh Manda...what an honor to be able to speak on everyone's behalf. I didn't know Lisa personally...just from behind the computer....but please let the family know that her love and support drifted across the ocean and to the other side of the world. Lisa offered me wonderful advice and friendship (as much as a computer friendship could be). I will miss her willingness to listen and lend her oh so famous wisdom.

Bridget

Sat Apr 11, 2009 3:01 am

Hey Manda just wanted to give you a :bighug: this morning

Sat Apr 11, 2009 9:08 am
Profile E-mail WWW
Site Admin

Thanks everyone, I'm petrified, i'm already shaking. If it's ok with the celbrant and Ian I'd like to ask if those going will stand with me when I speak, someone may even need to take over, I'm not going to get through it without cracking.
Here's what I have thanks to your words, and some tweaking from Carley I've just put the finishing touches on and am about to leave. I haven't used exact phrases that you have given me but used bits and pieces here and there to fit it all in. I hope you all like it. We cna always make changes at butterfly creek if need be.

2 Minutes was the guideline I had to speak today, not enough time to fit in what I’d like, but I’ll try.
I’m Amanda, I met Lisa through The Lost Ones, a forum my husband set up after we lost our daughter Trinity. Lisa was one of our founding members and joined shortly after Eden passed away, which was around 2 months after Trinity was born. She has been such support and inspiration to so many of us over the years, providing the love and understanding that only a mother who has lost a child could possibly offer. I didn’t meet Lisa right away, in fact, our friendship was via the forum and txting right through her pregnancy and the birth of the little crunchie bar kid, Laine. Even though Lisa was experiencing a rocky start in Laines short life, she kept battling on, accepting her lot and getting on with it, always with that beautiful smile on her face. We all grieved with Lisa Ian and Kita after Laines passing, we had watched her grow and flourish, we were like proud aunties. While many would accept defeat, throw their hands up in the air and cry, ‘that’s it, no more’, Lisa carried on with the courage and strength that we had come to know and love in her. We were all so scared and excited at the same time when she announced she was once again pregnant, and once again floored when Cort decided he wanted to greet the world way too early.
I finally met Lisa face to face for the first time shortly after she announced her pregnancy with Cort, but even before that I knew I had found a true friend. I always said to her that I wished we lived closer, distance was the only thing preventing us from being on each other’s doorstep every other day. I looked forward to when we would get together, and felt lonely when she went home. I don’t make friends easily, believe it or not, I’m shy by nature, and get really anxious when I’m around more than a few people, even if I know them. So for me personally losing my friend has left a gaping hole in my life. Our friendship had really only just begun, there was so much more to learn about each other. But what I do know is that Lisa was awe inspiring, beautiful, accepting, she was just an all round gorgeous person.
Lisa has been remembered by the rest of the TLO girls as being honest (you could always count on getting the truth from Lisa), she was dependable (We all knew that if you needed her she was just a text message away), strong & courageous (no matter what shitty deal life threw at her she never conceded defeat and fought right till the end) , but most of all Lisa will always be remembered by The Lost Ones family as a truly awesome person with a big heart, infectious smile, and heaps of love & huggles to give.
We love you Lisa, fly free my sweet, be with your angels, mwah.

ImageImage

Sat Apr 11, 2009 11:15 am
Profile E-mail

Manda that is beautiful - i have tears in my eyes - I will be there in spirit today xoxo mwah

~*Mummy to now SIX angels ~ I miss you my babies ~

Sat Apr 11, 2009 11:47 am
Profile E-mail

Perfect.

Sat Apr 11, 2009 12:04 pm

That is beautiful Manda, will be thinking of you all today there.

Andrew (23/04/04)
Joshua (14/02/07) our little valentine
and an angel in heaven (20/10/01)

Sat Apr 11, 2009 12:28 pm

Gosh manda, that gave me tears...brilliant.
To all that were lucky enough to say bye to Lisa today at the funeral hugs and love. I hope lisa was smiling above at all that she has touched in so many ways.
Hope you all got thru the day ok.
Anyone get picutres at butterfly creek?

ImageImage
http://lynne1.wordpress.com/

Sat Apr 11, 2009 5:58 pm

There were pics taken. :)
There was a fantail in the chapel with us.
The service was beautiful, the casket was fushia and purple cowprint ^_^
Manda did great, with all of us TLO girls behind her.

:bighug:

my angel Chloé
Aidan Image

Sun Apr 12, 2009 12:02 am

Manda did a Wonderful Job with the Speech.

Lisa's Casket was just Perfect. Lisa was there too in the form of a Fantail. Just as we were all getting seated a little Fantail was flittering about tweetie as if to say "Look at me im here". Manda wanted a sign from Lisa and we all got blessed with it!! When Manda was giving her Speech the little Fantail sat on the Projector looking at us as if was Lisa watching us with pride. Was such a moving moment. Ian, Nikita were sooo Strong and wee Cort was as Adoreable as EVER!!

After the service we realised Balloons with Ian and Cort for Lisa, Eden and Laine.

Lots of tears and stories told. Lisa was one amazing woman so will be sadly missed. Someone I treasured and felt blessed to call my friend.

Mwah!!!

:angel:Caeden Hugh @21.1wks 10/08

IVF Mummy to 3 Beautiful :angel: Boys!!

An Angel in the book of life
wrote down my baby’s birth
and whispered as she closed the book
"too beautiful for the Earth"

Sun Apr 12, 2009 12:03 pm

Manda, you did beautifully. I think we all did, I think Lisa would be proud to know we all pulled together for her.

Sun Apr 12, 2009 7:50 pm

mrssloppers wrote:
When Manda was giving her Speech the little Fantail sat on the Projector looking at us as if was Lisa watching us with pride. Was such a moving moment.

Glad I am not the only one that noticed that, gave me shivers too.

Manda, just wanted to say that I think you did a fantastic job, I dont know if I could have done it, and was secretly glad that I didnt have to step in for you *wipes sweat off brow*.

To all of us at TLO, I am absolutely honoured to say that I belong to such a wonderful group of women, the love and support that has been shown over the past weeks is amazing, and goes to show that you dont have to know someone in real life not to care for them. I am please to call you all family.

Mon Apr 13, 2009 8:43 pm
Profile E-mail WWW

:bighug:

my angel Chloé
Aidan Image

Thu Apr 16, 2009 1:17 am

Manda, you did an awesome job and it was an honour to stand there with you as you spoke.
What can I add to what everyone else has said already, except that it was very special to be there with you all, and to meet Fleur, Claire and Lauriel for the first time. And special to visit Laine and Eden beforehand too. Yes, Lisa would have been proud. It was a beautiful service, a fitting tribute to Lisa's life.

Thu Apr 16, 2009 2:16 pm