It is currently Fri Mar 29, 2024 6:44 pm

ideas for unveiling 

Post ideas for unveiling
Jamie was bn on the 21st june last year and passed on 14th August.

I wanted to have his unveiling on his birthday rather than the anniversary of his death, I planned his funeral as I had an idea about that, as for an unveiling I'm not sure. Other than releasing balloons like we did at his funeral I dont really know what to do. If you have ideas or experience I'd really apprecaite it. The headstone is being made and lots of family will be around for the weekend as its a sunday. - his head stone has a tigger pooh and eeyore on it

thanks
Amy

Wed Apr 22, 2009 1:38 pm

Post Re: ideas for unveiling
has ANYBODY held an unveiling?

Sun Apr 26, 2009 6:15 pm

I haven't had one yet. My baby Connor was stillborn last year on the 29th of Feb. My family was putting pressure on me to get a headstone and stuff for his anniversary this year, but I'm just not ready. So I told them that and they understood. Now. Everyone has kindof dropped the subject for now, so Im not going to bring it up with anyone at home. But I'd really like to do it on the next 29th of Feb. Thats not till 2012. I really like the idea of doing the balloon thing. And also having lots of special people there. Also I think something else nice about waiting for the leap year is that it will be something special for his sibling (fingers crossed) to participate in.

If Connor had a birthday and a angel day, I would def do it on the birthday. Might feel a bit happier or something.

Sun Apr 26, 2009 6:53 pm

We didnt have a unveiling, we had a memorial service for Thomas, The reverend who did his funeral did a service, we let balloons go, kids blew bubbles and I gave the great grandparents and grandparents a photo album with photos of Thomas in them. We then went home and had some food.

Sun Apr 26, 2009 8:09 pm
Profile YIM

thanks for the replies, I like the bubbles and love the idea of albums for the grandparents. Thanks

I think the 29th of febuary will be a very special day for you if thats what you want go for it, I'm set on hJamies bday date. I'd rather this date than any other.

Mon Apr 27, 2009 10:22 pm

Hey.. I know this is an old thread but I was just interested in what you ended up doing for Jamies unveiling? I am having a small services in December to burry my daughters ashes and don't have many ideas on what to do! Is all we have planned is a couple poems to be read and I'm getting balloons with her name printed on them to release before we leave.

Anyway I'd love to know what you done and maybe get some ideas from it!

Hope all is well.

Fri Nov 13, 2009 3:45 pm
Profile E-mail