It is currently Sat Mar 30, 2024 12:32 am

Advice Please....? 

Post Advice Please....?
Well things have been up and down lately, Shawna is fine and hasnt been sick in a while which is good. But DH and I are not the best, we try, but its very strained. He is not working and we are struggling financially, my spondolitis is now in my shoulders and keeping me awake at night, I have an xray on Monday to confirm how much it has progressed, I wake up at 4am most mornings in agony, I can't pick Shawna up first thing in the morning because of the pain. The Dr thinks that my bones are fusing together and eventually the pain will cease, but once it does, I will have very limited mobility in my spine, if any. Its a depressing thought, I'm only 32!! Needless to say that there is no martital sports going on here! I just dont want to know about it, I'm tired and shitty all the time.

I have a hens night to go to next Saturday night - I only know the Bride, there is about 15 women going and I dont know anyone except the bride! I'm so uncomfortable about going, I'm not even close to her, we were but we've grown apart, she is a great person and heaps of fun, but I am having doubts about going....I cant drink because of all the medication I am on for my back, even if I do have a night off the meds, I cant be bothered with a hangover. I come across as snooty in situations like this because I just dont know how to interact with women I dont know!! I've already RSVP'd for the hens night and there is a mystery trip that is costing $30 per person that has all been paid for so I would feel really bad cancelling.

I know this post is a big moan, but I needed to vent. Does anyone have any advice on how I can get through the hens night?

Image Image

ImageImage

Thu Feb 25, 2010 9:55 pm
Profile E-mail

Post Re: Advice Please....?
Awww big hugs hun. Is there any way you could just go for a little while? I know it might not be as much fun but if your friend knows you aren't feeling the best I'm sure she won't mind, and just appreciate that you made the effort. Hope you're feeling better soon xx

Fri Feb 26, 2010 8:42 am

Post Re: Advice Please....?
First of all big hugs!

Sounds like you aren't having much fun at the mo! As for the hens night, I don't really know what you should do. I myself don't drink anyway (well every now and then I do) and I am a very shy person so I find it hard to put myself in those situations in the first place. But having said that, you did say you have said you will go and there has been a cost involved so you probably should make an appearance. I'm sure your friend will understand if you tell her you aren't feeling well and leave early.

Hope you have fun if you decide to go because it sounds like a girls night out is just what you need!

Sat Feb 27, 2010 9:13 pm
Profile E-mail