It is currently Sat Apr 20, 2024 10:05 pm

Looking for advice... 

Post Looking for advice...
Just looking for some advice as I'm rather lost at the moment.

Me and my partner have just spilt up after four years together. After packing all my things up and moving out I remembered a couple draws full of baby clothes that we had bought for our daughter.

I'm at a huge loss as to what to do with them, we kept them for our future children to wear.. but now they wont exactly exist. I don't know how to chose which ones to take if we spilt them up and to be honest dividing the clothing doesnt sit right with me.

I was thinking I'd like to do something nice with them but just have no idea what? My minds just not working so thought I'd see if anyone had some ideas. I just can't bare the thought of halving them when they mean so much to both of us. :?

Thanks ladies..

Sun Mar 07, 2010 11:37 pm
Profile E-mail

Post Re: Looking for advice...
It sounds like a very confusing situation to be in Becs. I'm not sure what I would do in yur situation. Probably just keep them for myself to be honest! Maybe you should just talk to him about it. You might find that he is quite happy for you to have them, or he might have another solution which hasn't popped into your mind yet.

I'm sorry that after everything you've been through you are now going through this. Life just isn't fair to some people!

Thu Mar 11, 2010 6:44 pm
Profile E-mail
Site Admin

Hi Becs,
Sorry you're having a rough time :(
What about donating them to charity? SANDS, Hospitals, Womans refuge, Childrens cancer research etc etc. Perhasp pick out a couple of 'special' outfits each between you and your ex, that way you have a little keepsake but at the same time doing something in memory of bub?
(((hugs))) let us know what you decide.

ImageImage

Fri Mar 12, 2010 5:33 pm
Profile E-mail

sorry to hear that things didnt work out, I was thinking about Lisa who sadly has passed, she had a friend make special patchwork cushions out of her beautiful angels clothes, maybe if there was enough to make 2 cushions one for each of you. I believe there is a pic of Lisas cushions on the forum somewhere.

Sat Mar 20, 2010 3:17 pm
Profile YIM

Thanks for all your support guys. At this stage I have just taken all the clothing and things we bought, seems a little selfish but we're having a rather civil break up (touch wood) and he felt they would be 'safer' in my hands as his flat is turning into a bit of a drinking spot for him and his friends. So I'm happy with that. Making them into a cushion sounds like a really nice idea, may be something I could get my mum to help me make later down the line. One day in the future I think I'd be proud for my children to wear some of their big sisters clothes though, I just dont want to be taking that away from him.

Thanks again guys, its warming to know I have support here from people that truely understand.

Mon Mar 22, 2010 3:05 pm
Profile E-mail