It is currently Fri Apr 19, 2024 5:26 pm

Empty nest syndrome!!!! 

Post Empty nest syndrome!!!!
Hi everyone. Sorry I haven't been around. I had a total knee replacement surgery Jan. 4, and things didn't go too well, and actually had to go back into surgery the end of January. I'm just now able to get up without crutches. I'm hoping this is it for a while and will be able to be around more.

Anyhow, I'm having empty nest syndrome. I took Alyssa today for a preschool openhouse (she's 3). I decided to take her to the open house to see how she does in a structured enviornment and to see if she is ready for school.

Apparently she's ready because she got up at 7am on her own telling me to get out of bed to take her to school. She didn't cry once in the classroom, and it didn't even bother her one bit when I left her there to tour the rest of the school.

So I signed her up for the fall enrollment. Now not only am I depressed that my son is no longer here, I'm depressed that my daughter is growing up way too fast and is going off to preschool. How can I feel so empty nested at age 30?????

Take care everyone
Bridget

Thu Feb 23, 2006 7:06 am

Bridget, it is good to hear from you as I had been thinking about you and hoping you were ok since we hadn't seen you for a while. How frustrating for you to be immobilised for so long!

I can relate with you about the empty nest feeling. Our babies grow up so fast don't they. Joel just started at kindy (which is like preschool) and he is also very keen to go each time. It's hard when they suddenly want to be independent and don't want us all the time!

Sat Feb 25, 2006 6:08 pm

Bridget so good to hear from you, sorry to hear you havent been too good, hope you knee gets better soon.

Huggles

Kim

Sat Feb 25, 2006 6:43 pm
Profile YIM