It is currently Wed Apr 24, 2024 6:38 pm

Admin Please???? 

Post Admin Please????
Just wanted to ask, we have 68 members and over half dont post and have never posted, are we able to put a post up that says if they would like to stay a member to post and be a active member?

I just feel weird with all these people who dont post being able to read all our personal things.

But this is just my opinion.

Wed Mar 22, 2006 8:29 pm
Profile YIM

Thu Mar 23, 2006 10:23 am
Site Admin

I understand where your coming from, can I just offer another perspective, I know some of the 'members' aren't actually members and we go though now and then and delete them, but also some join and just read posts but are afraid or not ready to post themselves and just gain support by knowing there are others out there that are feeling what they are, some may never post, some may take time. Perhaps we could send out those that haven't posted pm's from admin (or myself) once a month or something and if after 3 pm's we have no reply or no posts then look at deactivating the membership? How does that sound. I'd just hate to alienate someone who really needs support but isn't a huge poster (or a poster at all) but gets some relief from reading others stories and feelings. I only say this because I occasionally visit other boards but don't post for various reasons, sometimes I need to know that this world of 'theLOSTones' isn't the only one around (I do know this but sometimes need to venture out of my safety zone), sometimes I feel like there is already a well developed group and I don't feel I belong, it may sound strange but I'm sure I'm not the only one. Just a thought. Take care everyone.

ImageImage

Thu Mar 23, 2006 11:49 am
Profile E-mail
Site Admin

Thanks for the input. I will go through and message those members that have not posted and just ask them if they would like to remain a member.

Perhaps if we have a rule where if a member is inactive for 30 days their account is disabled. Let me know what your thoughts are.

Grimtaz

Thu Mar 23, 2006 6:48 pm
Profile E-mail

Post Staying a member
I would just like to add my thoughts to this post. I know sometimes it is hard to verbalise feelings to a family member or friend who has gone through such a tragic event. Having this board here, being able to read how you are all coping, has really helped me to relate to my own daughters's feelings.
Sometimes it is just being able to mention that I have read something on here, just letting her know I am aware, that I think helps.
I for one don't feel I can post comments on some topics, and so just keep quiet, but that does not mean my thoughts and prayers are not there with each & every one of you. Or that I don't celebrate another joining the pg board, or cry silent tears when your AF has showed again.
Please think back how hard it was for you to first put your thoughts and feelings down. I am sure that Manda is right when she says it might just be reaching others out there with support & comfort who as yet aren't ready to put it out there.

Bless you all,
Sending positive happy thoughts
Rae

Thu Mar 23, 2006 8:26 pm
Profile E-mail YIM

I agree with Manda and Rae - Some of the non-posting members may be legitimate, just not ready to join in quite yet. I am happy for the board's membership policies to stay the same or perhaps use the PM method Manda mentioned.

I personally think 30 days inactivity is a little short though - What do others think?

Claire :)

Thu Mar 23, 2006 10:09 pm

Yes I understand where you are all coming from and I am happy with what Manda and admin have decided on, I just wanted to voice my opinion.

Huggles
Kim

Thu Mar 23, 2006 10:10 pm
Profile YIM
Site Admin

Thanks again for your input Kim, it is really good to get feedback, if there are any members you are particularly concerned about just send us a message and we'll look into it.

ImageImage

Fri Mar 24, 2006 10:01 am
Profile E-mail