It is currently Thu May 02, 2024 2:31 pm

Mollymoppie 

Post Mollymoppie
Hi there Mollymoppie

Just noticed you are the newest member to the site and thought I would say hello and welcome.

I joined this site last year after my mc and have found the other ladies here to be of great support and comfort. I hope you find the same.

Thinking of you each day.

Claire (Deanie) :)

Tue Apr 18, 2006 4:12 pm

I am Kim, mum to Rebecca, Sophie, Thomas (Born sleeping 21 May 04), 4 angels babies and bubs #8 due in sept.

I hope you find all the support and love here that I do.

Huggles

Kim

Wed Apr 19, 2006 7:12 pm
Profile YIM

Thanks for your welcomes Deanie and Kim. I have been having problems with the website since it was hacked, so today is my first successful logon.

I have posted my story under the "Loss of a Child After Birth" forum if anyone feels like a bit of a teary episode. I have left big fat teardrops on my keyboard after reading everyone elses stories of grief and anguish.

To introduce myself properly here are some things about me:
- 35 yo mother of two (Jack 4yrs and Holly 18mths)
- stay at home Mum who lives in West Auckland
- computer programmer in my pre-motherhood life
- wanting to complete my family with just one more little pair of feet (and soon, as hubby is 10yrs older than me)
- been with hubby for 8yrs
- part-time evil stepmother to hubbys 15yo daughter

I guess thats it .......

Melissa

Gabriel - 30 Mar 2006 - 21wks (Angel)

Sat Apr 29, 2006 11:58 am

Hi Melissa, and welcome! Thank you for sharing your story - more big fat teardrops on my keyboard too!

I'm Emma, Mum to Maya Grace who is 3, 2 angel babies and expecting twins some time in October. We also live in West (ish) Auckland (on the Akld/Waitak City border).

www.babiesonline.com/babies/m/mayadavis
www.babiesonline.com/babies/g/gremlins

Sat Apr 29, 2006 6:19 pm

Have not stopped bleeding/spotting since my sons birth - even suspected that AF came to visit me exactly 4wks after my sons birth as the bleeding became heavy with those familiar cramps. She went away but the spotting came back again. Anyway ....

I was booked in to see my GP for my 6wk Postnatal Check today and I was hoping that all was going to be okay, but unfortunately last night I was lying in bed about to nod off when I felt a gush of blood. Anyway, when I got to the bathroom, there was a lot of fresh blood everywhere, and it just flowing out like a little stream of water. Then some mysterious looking clots came out as well, and after about 20mins the bleeding slowed, so I decided to head back to bed in the hope that lying down was probably a better idea.

So, I went to the GP as planned and she did an internal exam. She found lots of blood and the cervix was open (after 6wks ... you gotta be kidding me). She sent me off for an urgent ultrasound, which showed a significant amount of retained products, but worse was a strong possibility of a condition called Placenta Accreta which means that the placenta has gone right through the endometrium and is actually attached to the uterine muscle itself.

So anyway, my GP arranges an appointment to see the acute Gynae whatsits at North Shore Hospital and they tell me that they are undecided about how to treat me. If it is Placenta Accreta, then a D&C could cause bleeding which they cannot stop. So after much mumbling and discussions amongst themselves, they decided to book me in for a D&C tomorrow (Fri) under General Anasthetic .... they think is should be okay as Placenta Accreta is rare, and I have had two successful births without problems.

Needless to say, we are sitting here at home shi**ing bricks! This is so unfair. Our dreams of having our final child to complete our family are going up in smoke. Rant over.

Thu May 11, 2006 8:42 pm

It's so unfair, I'm really sorry that you have to go through this, especially after everything you have already had to deal with.
My thoughts will be with you tomorrow.

Take care
Jacqui

Image Image

Thu May 11, 2006 8:55 pm

I am so sorry to you are having to go through this.

Big hugs and I will be thinking of you tomorrow.

Huggles

Kim

Thu May 11, 2006 9:33 pm
Profile YIM

Oh Melissa - What a horrible thing to happen after all you have been through over the last couple of months. I'm sure everything will go well tomorrow and you will soon be able to get back on track, at least physically.

(((((BIG HUGS)))))) and just know that I am thinking of you and your DH.

Do let us know how you get on.

Keep safe.

Claire :)

Thu May 11, 2006 9:54 pm
Site Admin

I'm so sorry your having to go through this Melissa, as if things aren't hard enough already, my thoughts are with you and your family today, sending you strength and positive thoughts, big (((hugs))).

ImageImage

Fri May 12, 2006 8:41 am
Profile E-mail

Thinking of you today Melissa and hoping it goes as stress free as possible.

Fri May 12, 2006 11:55 am

OMG I am so sorry. How horrible. I hope everything goes well today.
Jenn

ImageImage

Fri May 12, 2006 1:11 pm

I am so sorry to hear you are going through this. I hope that all is Ok and it is just a clean out. Thinking of you today and sending big ((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((hugs))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))))) your way.

Ally

Fri May 12, 2006 1:15 pm

Thanks for everyones thoughts and prayers. I am safely at home - bit tired and groggy, but otherwise okay. The surgeon said that he would not be too aggressive during the procedure to ensure that excessive bleeding did not occur. I had the most vivid and wonderful dream under the anaesthetic that my wee Gabriel was alive and well - it was a bit traumatic to come round and find that it was in fact, just a dream. It was nice while it lasted. The Recovery room nurses were lovely and looked after me really well - restores one faith in our crumbling health system.

Fri May 12, 2006 3:21 pm

Melissa - I am so glad that you are back home safe and well. It must have been very sad to wake up from your lovely dream....if only dreams could come true...

Take care and make sure you rest up over the weekend.

Claire :)

Sat May 13, 2006 3:07 pm

Melissa I have just caught up with your last week - gees you have been through so much.

I am very happy that Fridays op went so well. I presume you do not have placenta accretia then - thankgoodness.

Wish that dream could have stayed true eh?!

Best wishes,
Melanie

Sun May 14, 2006 11:22 am

I've just caught up too - so sorry to hear that things have been so s***** for you, and it doesn't help having to travel all the way to North Shore Hospital either eh! I'm praying that the bleeding now clears up for you and that you start feeling a lot better.

Sun May 14, 2006 9:23 pm

Glad to hear that the surgery went well and you are back at home Melissa. Here's hoping you get a better run from here on out - sounds like you deserve some good luck!

Mon May 15, 2006 11:28 am

Have been feeling a lot better both mentally and physically, but (TMI) the heavier mucuousy bleeding came back yesterday - however, Im thinking that this will be temporary as the Doctors just rang and told me that I have Endometritis and my course of antibiotics should clear it up quickly. Hmmm .... if thats the case, I would NOT have expected the return of this strange bleeding, as I am now on Day 7 of the 10 day course. Anyone suffered from Endometritis before who can enlighten me?

Wed May 17, 2006 2:16 pm