It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 9:21 pm

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 164 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 7  Next
 INTRODUCTIONS 
Site Admin

Post INTRODUCTIONS
Hi all,

As requested, here is a thread for you to add your intorductions on.

If you are new here, a very sad welcome, it's not a forum anyone WANTS to belong to, but if you have a reason to be here you have found an awesome group of supportive, understanding women (and men on the odd occasion, all are welcome).

To start, I Amanda, aka Manda, our daughter Trinity Clair was the inspiration of this site, our girl was born sleeping on June 19th 2005 at 39 weeks & 3 days, no cause was ever found. She was conceived after 9 months of TTC and an early miscarriage. I am married to Corey and am a SAHM to Loralei Trinity and expecting Gabriels arrival at the beginning of Oct.

ImageImage

Last edited by TrinityClair on Sat Sep 08, 2007 8:28 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Thu Sep 06, 2007 4:15 pm
Profile E-mail

Hi, my name is Carley, married to Phill and SAHM to Bayden ,5, and our angel girl Julia Rose-Joy.
Sadly Julia was born sleeping on 3rd November 2006 at 26 weeks gestation.
With Julia I had anti k antibodies in my blood which reacted with Julia's blood and caused fetal hydrops, which is what we lost her to.
We will always love and cherish our angel girl until we meet again :cry:

Thu Sep 06, 2007 9:08 pm
Profile E-mail WWW

My darling angel is Ashley Jade born still at 37 weeks on 15th November 2003. This site has been such an awesome place to come and vent, chat and meet lots of wonderful ladies.

Sadly missed and never forgotten

Luv Ally

Thu Sep 06, 2007 10:55 pm

I am Anne and live in Christchurch with my husband, Vincent and daughter, Samantha or little miss 2. We lost our second child, Bradley to sids in April 2007. Bradley was aged 5 months.

Sat Sep 08, 2007 4:46 pm

Hi I'm Emma, mum to two tiny angels miscarried at 8w6d and 7w1d, as well as three princesses Maya Grace ('03) and Sienna and Mercedes ('06).

www.babiesonline.com/babies/m/mayadavis
www.babiesonline.com/babies/g/gremlins

Sat Sep 08, 2007 8:08 pm

My darling angel Riley was born sleeping at 38 weeks in April 05, I've also lost 13 lil angels to miscarriage and one to an ectopic pregnancy.
I have 3 other wonderful children, Tylar who is 12, Kairyn 19 months and Caden 5 months.

The Brightest Stars on the Darkest Night

Image Image

Sat Sep 08, 2007 8:53 pm

I am Lisa, I am Married to Ian and I am a Mother to 4 with Number 5 on it's way.
My Eldest Lives in Australia with her Father.
DH and I have Nikita who is 7 and has dealt with more than most adults have to in their life times.
Our two other children are Angels.
Eden was born prematurely at 31 weeks on the 30th of August 2005 and passed away from Strep Auralis, prematurity and overwhelming sepsis on the 31st of August 2005.
Laine was also born prematurely at 25 weeks on the 3rd of May 2006, Laine passed away in my arms on the 24th of October 2006 from SIDS.

These two angels are Loved beyond words and beyond our world.
Sweet Dreams precious girlies.

Sat Sep 08, 2007 9:04 pm
Profile WWW

Hi I am Katrina (kaz) SAHM to Rhiannon, and mum to 4 angel babies.
I am married to a wonderful man Kent, we live in Lower Hutt. Hoping to be pregnant again very soon

Sat Sep 08, 2007 9:18 pm

My name is Lizzie, I am married to Craig and we have a darling and very precious little boy named Angus born 1 July 2006. I lost my first child in January 2005 @ 17 weeks gest due to a late missed miscarriage.

Sun Sep 09, 2007 11:25 pm
Profile E-mail

Hi I am Jenn and I am a working mother of a beautiful 13 month old, Matthew. I lost my daughter Nicole at 39.5 weeks for unknown reasons, but possibly anti-E issues. I live inteh Caribbean and I have found the women here (although so far away!) very helpful and I am so glad I met Manda and am grateful for her and Corey for starting up this site.

ImageImage

Tue Sep 11, 2007 11:55 am

Hi, I'm Alana and am a SAHM to Joel (2003) and Julia (2006). My DH and I lost our little daughter Maria in June 2005 - she was stillborn at 24 weeks gest. The doctors think it may have been due to a malfunctioning placenta.

Our grief has been really hard to deal with but made easier by talking to others here who have had a similar experience. I am currently studying part time - training to become a counsellor. I really hope to be able to help others who have experienced similar losses.

We live in West Auckland.

Last edited by mariasmum on Wed Oct 10, 2007 6:07 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Tue Sep 11, 2007 3:09 pm

My name is Telly, and I am currently living in Christchurch with my husband and our two children Cameron ('03) and Sarah ('06).

We also have one angel baby who was lost at 16 weeks, but only 10 weeks gestation through missed miscarriage. Our angel is forever in our hearts.

The ladies here are awesome

((hugs))

~*Mummy to now SIX angels ~ I miss you my babies ~

Tue Sep 11, 2007 10:20 pm
Profile E-mail

My name is Tamara i am not new here but forgot my old username and had to re-sign up again! i am mum to 2 beautiful boys Logan my angel still born 39weeks and 4 days he was born with cord round his neck twice and a knot in it and extrememly thick meconium he would have been 2 this past august and i am also mummy to my darling wee chap Toby who is 10 months old and we are expecting a new baby in feb/mar 08!

Wed Oct 10, 2007 10:05 am
Profile WWW

Well most of your know me from the EBB and me you from the EBB where Manda first posted about the lostones website. Thanks Manda this has been an amazing site to visit to know you are not alone in this sad journey.

Im Fleur married to Mark we live in the Taranaki. We sadly lost our first angel Camden on the 19th of July 2006 at 20wks 1d gest. We sadly lost our second Angel Keegan on the 6th of Feb 2007 at 17wks 4d gest. We now know the reasons behind my lost and with the love and support for you all and of course the Spealists we hope to achieve our dream of holding a live healthy baby in our arms.

:angel:Caeden Hugh @21.1wks 10/08

IVF Mummy to 3 Beautiful :angel: Boys!!

An Angel in the book of life
wrote down my baby’s birth
and whispered as she closed the book
"too beautiful for the Earth"

Sat Oct 13, 2007 10:01 am

Post Just lost number two
Hi, I'm new here :D
Was put in to this fourm by another lovely lady who miscarried only days before I did.
I had a miscarriage last year in September, its was heart breaking but I thought there was no way It would happen again :cry: sadly a year to the date I lost my last baby I lost this one. The first time I was 8wks pregnant and this time I was only 6wks. I feel like because I was so early on I should just get over it, but I can't, to me it was a baby, it had a place in the family and everything from the time I found out I was pregnant was planned around having a third child.
I'm feeling really down, like my body is failing me and I feel like a failure myself :(
Just wanted to get some support from those who know what I'm going through.
Any way, I hope this gets tacked on the end of the introductions because something tells me I'm doing this whole thing wrong :D

Tue Jan 22, 2008 6:24 pm
Site Admin

Well firstly, you're doing it right :) and thank you for your intro.

I'm so sorry you've misscarried again and the timing being a year after your last, couldn't be worse, not that theres ever a good time to misscarry. I miscarried at 5 weeks, and I know the feeling of thinking that because you were so early you should just get over it, but it's not necessarily the case. You still had hopes and dreams that were lost, it's understandable you are hurting. You're not a faliure, but again, think you'll find tht pretty much everyone here has felt like that so you're not alone, we're all here for you. So, a sad welcome to our forum, I'm glad you found us, hope to get to know you better in the future.

Manda

ImageImage

Tue Jan 22, 2008 6:43 pm
Profile E-mail

hmm for some reason I havent put my intro in here, so here goes:

I am Kim 27, married to Simon 33 for 8 years, We are proud parents to Rebecca 7, Sophie 5, Angel Thomas Shane born sleeping 21 May 04, 4 angel babies and our lil miracle Timothy 16 months.

To this day we dont know why Thomas died, but he is part of our family all the same.

I am a sahm to Timothy and will be till he goes to school.

We live 10 mins west of Hamilton.

Tue Jan 22, 2008 7:01 pm
Profile YIM

Just realised I hadn't introduced myself either.
I'm Lauriel. I'm French and married to Fin, who's a school teacher.
My first pregnancy was my first miscarriage, at Christmas 2002 (with my family visiting from France, way to add to the stress!) at 8 weeks. They reckon the baby had died around 6 weeks.
I have a 4 year old daughter Eloise (can't do the accents on the MacBook).
In August 2006 I had to be induced at 24 weeks because my second daughter Chloe had spina bifida (8 vertebraes) and brain damage. The doctor stopped her heart before they induced me. I had 2 weeks to comes to terms with losing my baby before it happened, the time between the scan and the induction. I was in France at the time and the travel insurance people flew Fin over to be with me. Chloe was cremated and her ashes are in a little urn on the bookcase in the hallway.
2 days before my birthday last September I had a not so little boy we called Aidan. He's sooooooo gorgeous and I'm so in love. I found a boy after 2 girls a bit daunting but I wouldn't change him for the world!

I would like another baby but Fin keeps saying he's "happy with 2".

my angel Chloé
Aidan Image

Sat Feb 16, 2008 7:47 am

Just a quick introduction from me. A few of you will know me already, my name is Jacquie and I am mummy to a beautiful DD Erin who is 19 months. We had a m/c in August last year, which still rips me up to think about - so I try not to sometimes :(
Anyway, I look forward to getting to know you all some more!
Jax

'Dot' (2008)' :wangel:

'Blobby' due July 2009

"The way is not in the sky, the way is in the heart." Buddha

Sat Feb 16, 2008 10:10 pm

Hi Jax, nice to meet you. Sorry to hear about the loss of your little angel last year - life is a very cruel thing at times, as we all know on this site! Anyway I'm glad you have joined us and it will be nice getting to know you.

Mmmm.... I haven't introduced myself in this part of the forum, so here goes.

My name is Yvonne and Neil & I are Mummy and Daddy to DS Flynn, who is 3yrs old and we recently (3mths ago) lost our little princess, Satori, who was born sleeping at 37weeks.

Satori died due to Gestational Diabetes, which had been consistantly tested for,( as I had had it with my son)but attacked very aggressively and quickly (a 10day period)late in pregnancy, which in turn killed of a large percentage of my placenta and stop Satori getting what she need to survive. I am very gutted that my body failed her, especially when she could have been delivered earlier and alive, if only we had known. :cry:

Sun Feb 17, 2008 1:53 pm
Profile E-mail

Thanks for sharing your story Yvonne :bighug:

I'm at the opposite end of the spectrum sometimes - things happened so suddenly for us that in a way I wish I hadn't known I was pregnant at all. I tested positive on a Wednesday afternoon, and I began to miscarry on the Friday morning of the same week :cry:

Aaaaaanyway... I'm glad I finally got off my lazy bum and signed up here! :D

'Dot' (2008)' :wangel:

'Blobby' due July 2009

"The way is not in the sky, the way is in the heart." Buddha

Sun Feb 17, 2008 3:17 pm

The way I look at it is that a loss is a loss at whatever stage, because its a loss of all of those hopes and dreams. Every situation is just so different, but I suppose that the common donominator is that all of these angels were, and still are, so wanted and loved, even though they can't be with us. :angelc:

Anyway, glad you have signed on and look forward chatting soon. :)

Sun Feb 17, 2008 4:47 pm
Profile E-mail

Post Hi guys,
Well I am another Newbie to your family. We lost our daughter Georgia Grace to very fast progressing pre eclampsia at only 26 weeks gestation on 11 January 2008. Georgia is our first born and after being with my partner for 9 years, was long over due in our lives. She was perfect and beautiful, but still and weighing in at 360gms.

I want to thank everyone who has shared their stories on this site. While this is a family that no one wishes to be in, I have found that this site has helped me over the last few weeks. Just reading how other people have been through similar experiences is strangly comforting. I have moments where I think, no one understands (my partner has switched off to the emotions now), I turn here and read. Thank you.

Image Image

ImageImage

Sun Feb 17, 2008 4:58 pm
Profile E-mail

Welcome to TLO - so sorry you have to be here :( I'm glad you have joined this group as hopefully it will be a comfort to you, through this very sad time as well as further down the track. I must admit that I too kept reading through the treads for a few weeks before I joined, and found it comforting as well.
Georgia Grace is a lovely name, and I am so sorry that you lost your sweet little girl - its such a horrible experience to go through :cry:
I felt a bit the same about my husband, but after finally communicating, have found that he just mourned Satori in such a different way. He became very very busy, and has stayed that way, but assures me that he thinks of Satori often, even though he does not verbalise it. He also held back his emotions to a certain degree as he did not want me to see him upset, as he thought it may set me off - which it would have, but that would have been ok.

All I can say is be kind to yourself, do whatever you feel is right for you and visit the TLO whenever you need a big cyber((((hug))). Take care and thanks for sharing your story. Yvonne :bighug:

Sun Feb 17, 2008 5:41 pm
Profile E-mail
Site Admin

I'm so sorry this is late. A very sad welcome to our site, and your loss is so recent too, you must still be in a whirlwind of emotions. I think you'll fin that all men greive differently, thats part of the reason this site exists, it was my husbands way of dealing with his grief but it also doubled to help me deal with mine and reach out to other people (mainly women but we have had the odd man), I guess it's tripled in that it's helped so many other people too.
Please come here whenever you want, we are all here for each other, an all know the grieving process all to well.
What a beautiful name for a beautiful little girl I'm sure.

Ruby (Jax),
Hi, I didn't officially welcome you to our site. Your miscarraige was similar to mine, I found out I was pg on a sat (maybe fri???) from memory and started miscarrying on thursday, I almost felt like a fraud greiving for that baby and in hindsight I probably repressed alot of my grief, but we still had hopes and dreams for our bubs. Still, you'll find I don't talk about that baby much, if at all, I'm not sure why, maybe I still have those feelings of it not being a 'real' baby because I was told te baby was not an ebryo yet 'just' a blastocyste, so I never felt like I could grieve.

Anyway, rambling now, better go becaus ethe 2 beautiful children I have with me are requiring my attention, oops, make that one needs rescuing from the other.................

(((hugs))) to you both, look forward to getting to know you and your angels.

ImageImage

Tue Feb 19, 2008 5:24 pm
Profile E-mail
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 164 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 7  Next