It is currently Tue Apr 30, 2024 3:42 am

I have had it 

Post I have had it
He wont sleep at all during the day unless we are in the car, bedtime at night has turned into a horrible time as he wont go to bed, we have put him in his big bed now seen as he wont stay in his cot.

Last night we put him to bed and locked his door to let him cry it out but after 1 1/2 hours i couldnt take it and got him up, I ended up cuddling/rocking him to sleep and that usually isnt till 8-9pm and then he is up at about 5am.

I dont know what to do with him, i just wish we could rewind 2 weeks when he was sleeping properly.

We are due to go away in 2 weeks and I dont want to leave him doing this for my lil sis and mum.

Fri Jun 27, 2008 2:31 pm
Profile YIM

Oh no, big hugs Kim! I feel your sleep pain, my Sienna is still in a cot but she wakes and screams for no apparent reason 3-4 times a night and I'm pretty over it too!
Will be thinking of you at 2am :(

www.babiesonline.com/babies/m/mayadavis
www.babiesonline.com/babies/g/gremlins

Fri Jun 27, 2008 4:07 pm

Must be something going around at the moment? We have had 2 weeks from hell too, before this he was sleeping through the night?! :shock:

I've just ordered The No Cry Sleep Solution for Toddlers and Preschoolers from www.thesleepstore.co.nz, cause I havn't the heart for 'cry it out' methods. Will let you know how we go (hopefully it'll arrive early this week).

:bighug: and fingers crossed for plenty of :zzz: in your house soon.

Sun Jun 29, 2008 3:50 pm
Profile E-mail

OMG we've got the 2am thing happening in our house too! She wakes and wants to come into our bed for the rest of the night. I feel for you Kim, I don't know what the answer is except to keep persevering!

Tue Jul 01, 2008 3:34 pm

Ugh, mine was so feral last night that even Willie had enough and got up and fed her. I was so mad with him, even tho I wanted her to shut up too feeding her will just make her play up twice as bad tonight.

www.babiesonline.com/babies/m/mayadavis
www.babiesonline.com/babies/g/gremlins

Wed Jul 02, 2008 10:04 pm
Site Admin

I'm pretty had it too. Gabriels a bad sleeper on a good night, and he's teething at the moment, hmmm, when are they not teething at that age. He'll go 3 hours on a good night. I'm so tired sometimes I wonder how I get through the days. Like this morning, I started out all positive, even did my hair and put on make up, by the end of the day I was dragging my sorry butt around the house and welcomed a txt from Corey saying 'McDs for dinner?'
I'll be up at 11pm, 2am (probably before), 3am, 5am, the last wake up I'll miss, probably around 5.30/6am, whe Corey will get him up and plonk him in front of the TV :oops: He'll last about 15 - 20 mins till he gets ratty and 'calls' out for me.

ImageImage

Wed Jul 02, 2008 11:05 pm
Profile E-mail

I can't speak from personal experiance here, but I do know that my friend in having so much trouble with her two at the moment. DD is 2.5 and DS is 15mths and they tag team her! She'll get one down, and the other is up, constantly through the night! While her DD is settling back into routine and not up so much, DS is becoming a nightmare for her. She tried the controlled crying thing the other night and he upset himself so much he vommited everywhere. I swear she hasnt had more than 3 hours sleep a night lately.
I wonder if its something in the air!!

Image Image

ImageImage

Thu Jul 03, 2008 1:26 pm
Profile E-mail

Has it gone any better?
I have the book that Liz mentioned, I can send it to you if you want.

my angel Chloé
Aidan Image

Fri Jul 04, 2008 12:15 pm

Hmmmm I reckon that book was a bit of a fizzer. It has some really great advice in it, but we do most of that suff anyway as it is really similar to the Save our Sleep book that we bought ages ago (changed our lives that book did :D ).

So if we've got some really good habbits and have tried all of the tips and tricks they suggest - whats left? Perseverance? None of that left just now :cry:

Well at least we know we're not the only ones suffering.

Fri Jul 04, 2008 2:34 pm
Profile E-mail

I have a 43yr old that can't sleep :roll: and a 3 and a half year old who is getting into bed with us almost everynight :!: I don't even wake up when he gets in now, but he takes my half of the bed and DH and I get to share the other half - go figure :!:

I used the babywise book (method) and had Flynn sleeping throught the night from 12weeks old. He pretty mich slept through until he was around 15mths old, and then our false sense of security vanished and the teeth turned up! From that point on we were waking at about 2am everynight. Once he was put into a bed at 18mths old, he then would just skip into our room and jump in with us!

I have tried many times to stop this by putting him back, but unfortunately it hasn't happened yet. It does happen more in the winter than the sunmmer, so I figure he is probably kicking his blankets off and then getting cold :roll:

One day we will get our bed back :lol:

Fri Jul 04, 2008 3:23 pm
Profile E-mail