It is currently Tue Apr 30, 2024 6:30 pm

Loralei is at creche... 
Site Admin

Post Loralei is at creche...
...and I'm shaking like a leaf. She started last week but I stayed with her. Today I'm going to call after 1/2 an hour and go back if she's not settled, otherwise I'll wait till about 10.15 which is just before mat time. WHY am I telling you all this you might ask.....well.....because I need to pass the time, my stomach is in knots. She didn't cry when I left but I never gave her the chance, I gave her a quick kiss and left before she knew what hit her :( I feel so mean, I know thats silly, but I just do, I feel like I'm deserting her, she must be so scared. I didn't take anything with me for Gabe when I dropped her off, so I had no choice but to come home....

Ok, so I'm going to try and do a quick tidy up, get her luch ready for when we get home, and by then it'll be at least time to call the centre........

ImageImage

Tue Jul 29, 2008 10:21 am
Profile E-mail

Oh Manda :bighug: If its any consolation I still feel guilty about dropping Flynn off now and he's been going to daycare 2-3 times a week for the past 2 years. Its all part of being a Mum.

On the flip side I know that Flynn would be pulling his hair out with boredom if he spent everyday at home with me. Creche/Daycare is good for their social skills and development, but I would not want him there fulltime. I think if you have a good balance they come to accept it and enjoy it.

If you have any trouble with her settling in, ask one of the carers to spend some time specifically with her, to build a relationship - you will probably find she will run in and leave you at the door, waving, after a while :)
I have also been told that girls are normally keener than boys - they seem to thrive on the company and activity. :)

I hope all goes well :)

Take Care

Yvonne

Tue Jul 29, 2008 11:13 am
Profile E-mail

aww Manda, huge hugs sweetie. Leaving your babies at daycare or kindy can be hard on any Mum. The first day that I dropped Bayden at kindy I was more upset than he was, he just waved at me and said Seeya Mum!! Not that that helps you, but I had the same feelings that you do that you are abandoning your child, but sweetie like Yvonne said, they will soon get used to the idea and before you know it it will be second nature to them and to you. Hope that Loralei has a great first day and comes home with lots of stories and beautiful pictures that she has drawn for you. MWAH!!

Tue Jul 29, 2008 11:17 am
Profile E-mail WWW

How did she go Manda? I bet she had a great time! I remember the first time I left Maya at daycare I was a blubbering mess, but she didn't even notice I was gone!

www.babiesonline.com/babies/m/mayadavis
www.babiesonline.com/babies/g/gremlins

Tue Jul 29, 2008 10:29 pm
Site Admin

Oh, she definatly noticed I had gone. I called after half an hour and she'd been screaming and crying off and on, wouldn't let anyone touch her or help her. They said not to hurry back that they had it under control so i waited till just before mat time. When i got there she was looking at a dog that was being walked past. She was ok, still not very happy, she hadn't played, but was talking to the teachers. As soon as she saw me she started to cry a little bit, but soon started playing. We do it all again on Thursday. I can't wait till she's settled in so I can relax and get stuff done, and so Gabe can have a decent sleep. She has picked her fav teacher already which is great, but I don't think she's going to happily wave me off for a while yet.

ImageImage

Tue Jul 29, 2008 10:54 pm
Profile E-mail

Hugs! Glad to hear she did settle a little tho, she'll warm up to the idea with time. Having a fave teacher will help too. It must be harder when they are so much older, Maya was only 5 mths so as long as she was fed she didn't care who was looking after her.

www.babiesonline.com/babies/m/mayadavis
www.babiesonline.com/babies/g/gremlins

Wed Jul 30, 2008 9:28 pm

hehe, so cute and what a big girl you are now Loralei.
Well Done Mummy, I hope you are all better in your house now?

Fri Aug 01, 2008 8:33 pm
Profile WWW

Leaving a little one at preschool is horrible. The first few times I dropped off DD I was more upset than she was!! :P Just a question, do you talk her through what's going to happen prior to dropping her off? Like "Ok time to get in the car. Now when we get there Mummy will help you hang up your bag, then we can have a kiss and a cuddle and then you can go play with your friends."? I'm on a parenting course at the moment and that's one of the suggestions they make. Hope it helps!! :P :)

Mon Aug 11, 2008 10:58 pm
Profile WWW