It is currently Fri Mar 29, 2024 5:57 pm

Update on Shawna 

Post Re: Update on Shawna
Yay Shawna! Hope she had a great 1st birthday!

Mon Dec 14, 2009 10:07 pm
Profile E-mail

Wow its been ages since I have been on here! I think of you all quite often, I've just been so busy, back at work full time, change in management, DSS is back with us, say no more for my stress levels yadda yadda.....
Shawna is doing very well, yabbering all the time, I am starting to understand what she is saying now! She has a new trick that involves walking backwards at great speeds and not looking where she is going! She can now climb onto the couch and jump around and her favourite thing is to turn off the tv and giggle when she gets told off. She even got a smacked hand the other day and giggled at Daddy! I am starting to miss the days where she was still in one spot if I went to the loo, now I have an audience! She has done wees on the potty a few times, got very excited and threw the potty at mummy to show me, great stuff, just love getting covered in wees!! She is so cheeky and very determined to do her own thing! I will post some pics when I get a chance. I cant believe she is 15 months already. DH is making noises about another one........we'll see.

Image Image

ImageImage

Thu Apr 22, 2010 10:22 pm
Profile E-mail

Awww she sounds like such a joy!! Wow wee's at 15 months thats so early!!! Look foward to seeing some photos :)

Wed Apr 28, 2010 5:50 pm

Hi all, thought i would jump on and see what everyone has been up too. Its very quiet, I guess people are catching up on facebook. I've gone off it myself - too many people noseying into my business! Shawna is doing well, she has been very sick over the last few days, it was quite scary for a bit, but yesterday afternoon, boom back to her old self!
The wees on the potty I mentioned some months ago must have been a fluke, she lost interest! Doesnt matter she is only 21 months now so no biggie.
DSS left again, was arrested for stealing motorbikes, ours by the way. I've had enough, I have supported DH and the drama with DSS for the past 12 years and tried my best to be a great parent to him but he doesnt want to know and keeps shitting on us. I have told DH that I will support him in any decision he makes but I can not invest anymore emotional time into the boy - it sounds nasty but if you knew the full story...... Anyway DSS spat the dummy over a beanie, packed his stuff and took off. He then stole the bikes, was arrested, went to court......bailed to his grandfathers on a curfew, then called the SPCA to tell them that we mis treat our dogs because we wouldn't let him keep one of the bikes!! The SPCA only had one complaint - our old girl is slightly over weight. She is an 11 year old lab cross, and she is happy!! We had to take a trespass notice out on him because he said that if the SPCA didnt takes the dogs, he would take them!! DOnt suppose it helps that his grandfather bought him a car and lets him do what ever he wants, no wonder he doesnt want to be with us when there are rules!

One to happier things - Shawna is going to be 2 in December, I cant believe it. DH is still on about another one, but that is all on hold, I now have polycistic overies, kind on explains the pot belly and disgusting facial hair I was getting. I am on medication and it seems to be helping, but have to wait for a scan before we attempt babies. Wait time for a scan was 31 weeks about 2 months ago!

How is everyone doing, would love to hear from you guys.

Image Image

ImageImage

Tue Sep 07, 2010 10:44 am
Profile E-mail

G's buddy sounds like you have had a tough time. My goodness... I can't believe the Shawna is 21 mths already, time flys hey. Sorry to hear about your health issues, hopefully the medication helps a little bit. I don' know alot about polycistic but do know that with my friend, she can sometimes be in a lot of pain... hopefully this is not happening to you. We had a miscarriage 2 mths ago, however when I went to the gyno it was found that I had abnormal cells on my cervix, had to have the Lletz treatment to have them removed, was one step from cancer. We are week 4 after that treatment and ready to start ttc again. We get seme bloody rotten hands dealt to us in life hey, but sometimes they are for the right reason. I don't always think like that but had I have had a baby, I could have ended up with full blown cervical cancer....
Good luck chick.

Thu Sep 09, 2010 10:27 pm

Hi Sara, wow, sounds like you've had a bit of a time too! I am pleased they caught it in time. Good luck to you too, I cant wait to hear some good news...................

Image Image

ImageImage

Sun Sep 12, 2010 9:56 pm
Profile E-mail

Well doesn't your step son just sound like a barrel of laughs! NOT! What a toerag.

Anyway...time does fly hey. I remember when I first joined TLO Shawna was a little bubba. I am always aware of how old Dreyton would be, right now he would be 17 months, but when I put that amount of time to any other situation it's like...where did the time go???

Sux that the wait time for the scan is so long. Hopefully everything will be perfect!

Sat Sep 18, 2010 10:55 am
Profile E-mail