It is currently Thu Apr 25, 2024 8:01 pm

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 247 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7 ... 10  Next
 Cloth Nappy Discussion :knit: 

Looking good Alana. I would be proud of that!
My sister uses these nappies and I am wondering where you get the patterns from and how hard they are too make? Thought I could make some up for her.....lol and if that turned to custard could come back begging for someone on here to do me some LOL......I'll pay,,,whos selling!!!
LOL seems like everyone on lostones are making there own nappies....Do you think it might become a viable business venture for everyone LOL...call then "lost and found bum huggers"

ImageImage
http://lynne1.wordpress.com/

Sat Jan 06, 2007 7:46 pm
Site Admin

Lynne, they're really easy to make, but my services are available if you're not into giving it a go, I really enjoy making them :D

Emma, I've finished the hot pink ones and will get Corey to put them in the post on Monday, they're pretty cute, the snaps and foe are a different pink to the pul, but I think they look funky, I don't have a pic yet but perhaps when you get them you could post another one of the girls in them. (and let me know if you're happy with them) Oh and theres a few more snaps on these ones, I went into auto pilot and did them like mine, but I think they sit better, now you can decide which ones you like more :D

Alana, they look fab, now watch out, you'll be wanting to invest in a snap press, I'm hooked :D

ImageImage

Sat Jan 06, 2007 11:35 pm
Profile E-mail

Alana those look great! I wish I was as talented!

~*Mummy to now SIX angels ~ I miss you my babies ~

Sun Jan 07, 2007 10:56 am
Profile E-mail

All the patterns are on www.thenappynetwork.org.nz

You can also buy DIY kits from www.greenbeans.co.nz which have everything you need to sew yourself about three or four nappies.

Once you get good at them (they all sew virtually the same way no matter what pattern you are using) you can personalise the pattern to suit the baby. I have a pattern that I adjust to Angus's size as he grows and I make it in different types of fabrics depending on what I want ie. fitted or pocket. I love figuring out how the retailers make their nappies and copy the pattern so I can make my own on the cheap :oops: .

Lately I've been making prefold's out of double thickness printed muslin and hemp, as I had to give my borrowed ones back and I wanted to make some that were a bit more interesting than just plain white.

My camera is out of action ATM but I'll post some pics as soon as I can.

Sun Jan 07, 2007 9:39 pm
Profile E-mail

Wow Lizzie your prefolds sound awesome, I would love some different ones to white.

Kim

Sun Jan 07, 2007 9:50 pm
Profile YIM

Ta very much Manda - we are in Oz now till the end of Jan so will be looking forward to going home to new covers :P Willie thinks I am such a geek! Will definitely post a pic of these fat gremlins in them. They have the snaps closed to the tightest row on the rose pink ones, but not quite as far as the crossover snaps - they are too chubby for that!

I've also bought them some lime green and bright yellow Happy Heiny's pockets from Snazzipants which look really funky and I got Maya some pocket trainers for night time coz she is still a big night wetter and the first time she wore one she got a fright coz she felt wet but her bed and pjs were dry, not like with the disposable ones where she still feels dry. Me thinks (or hopes) it might help with getting her night trained coz she has been out of day nappies since 22 mths and she'll be 4 next month!

www.babiesonline.com/babies/m/mayadavis
www.babiesonline.com/babies/g/gremlins

Mon Jan 08, 2007 10:51 am

One of a hemp fitted I made for a friend using a greenbeans DIY kit. Another of the stash my mother and I made for my step-brother's new baby, and one of two of my prefolds.

Attachments:
DSC02140.JPG
DSC02140.JPG [ 61.02 KiB | Viewed 9164 times ]
DSC02136.JPG
DSC02136.JPG [ 59.78 KiB | Viewed 9074 times ]
DSC02132.JPG
DSC02132.JPG [ 60.67 KiB | Viewed 9116 times ]

Thu Jan 11, 2007 2:25 pm
Profile E-mail

We're up at Nelson Bay on the NorthWest NSW coast and the gremlins had their first swim at the beach today. It lasted all of about 2 minutes each but at least they looked the part in their Bummis swim nappies :D

Sienna

Mercedes

Thu Jan 11, 2007 10:53 pm

We made it into the front page of the Daily News here in Taranaki today! Unfortunately you can only see Angus's back and left ear (behind Tartan Tom) and my foot is in the left hand side of the photo :oops: . Proud Mummy Moment nevertheless.

http://www.stuff.co.nz/dailynews/3925829a6002.html

Fri Jan 12, 2007 9:32 am
Profile E-mail

Nice! Who would have thought good old cloth would make the newspaper lol!

BTW My Dad grew up in Taranaki (Glenpark Ave) and we spent a good few summers out at Bell Block on the beach as kids...

Fri Jan 12, 2007 10:15 am

I'm barely pregnant and I've just bought a nappy on TM... Couldn't resist..
What am I going to tell DH??

my angel Chloé
Aidan Image

Thu Jan 18, 2007 10:23 pm

Fri Jan 19, 2007 12:28 am
Profile YIM

It's an Ecobubs fitted nappy, soooooo cute!!
Baby blue microfleece inside and cream cord outside.

my angel Chloé
Aidan Image

Fri Jan 19, 2007 8:57 am

Well I did it, I went out and brought some of those fancy nappy things.

I was walking past the Baby Factory when I saw the sign on the door and thought, hmmm, I'm gonna buy me some of these!

I got some of those Pea Pods nappy things, and they come with the inserts, and I also brought some other inserts for nighttime.

Is someone able to tell me if you use anything else, like a liner??

Also, is anyone looking at getting rid of some nappies that don't fit anymore :D Me want - he he

Thu Jan 25, 2007 2:14 pm
Profile E-mail
Site Admin

Wohoo, congratulations on becoming a clothie :clap:
You can use a liner if you want to, either flushable (but then some are in the mindset that this kindof defeats the purpose of going cloth), or use microfleece liners which are easy peasy made, only need to be cut to size really, then they just get rinsed and washed with the rest (Kim knows, I think she uses them). I don't use liners, I find it easy enough to drop the plop into the loo and rinse off any leftovers (extra sticky ones sometimes need a scrape).

I have some naps that are the first ones I made (I think I mentioned to them). I have 6 in total, 3 rose pink and 3 prints (hot lips with black fleece, handbags and shoes with red fleece and care bears with white fleece). 4 of them have velcro which I sewed through both layers so the insert only goes to where the velcro is sewn and the others are snaps which I went a little mad with (first time snapper and all). The style just isn't right for Loralei, but you're welcome to buy them (or a couple to try) off me REAL cheap if you want. They're narrower through the crotch and Loralei is better with a wider crotch. They are a daytime nappy because of the crotch. I'll take some pics if you like. I think I might have already put them up in here somewhere. ETA - Yup, just had a look, page 3 of this topic. first post on the page has a pic of all 6 (excludes the red and pink one in the pic, that ones big even on Loralei). They don't cross over (for skinny baby) but you may not even need that. Oh well, it's up to you, pm me if you want...

ImageImage

Thu Jan 25, 2007 3:06 pm
Profile E-mail

Wow you guys make it look like fun, makes me want to make one for Olivia, hopefully she will be toilet trained soon. Awesome designs and prints.

Thu Jan 25, 2007 3:15 pm

Woohoo way to go Telly, I bought one of the peapods from Baby Factory and I love it, it is Timothy's night nappy coz I can stuff heaps in it.

Cant wait to hear how you go

Huggles
Kim

PS on the liners I did buy some microfleece to use as liners, but find them a pain so now I dont bother, i just empty nappy into toilet, am yet to find something to scrape them with (Manda wot do you use?). But you can use disposable ones that can be flushed down the toilet.

Thu Jan 25, 2007 6:33 pm
Profile YIM

I used to use paper liners, but I've found since starting solids Angus's poo is real easy just to roll off into the loo. Then when it comes to washing them I just rinse the poopy nappies under the tap to remove any leftovers. I like to do a heavy duty wash just to make sure, but they always come out clean.

I bought a PeaPod in Auckland last week too (we were visiting and I've almost never seen a MCN in a shop before). I'm not very impressed with it as I've had a few problems with the leg stitches wicking a bit. I've put it through a hot dryer a few times which has helped, but not solved the problem. Its a lovely fit though.

Thu Jan 25, 2007 7:33 pm
Profile E-mail

Fri Jan 26, 2007 11:15 am

I know this seems like a stupid question - but when you change the wet nappy you just change the insert?

All my naps have gone through the wash and in the dryer as we speak. Still have a couple of disposable nappies left before I start on my cloth - can't wait!

Can't believe how excited I am over nappies!

Fri Jan 26, 2007 12:46 pm
Profile E-mail

I know the feeling Telly, I was sooo excited when I first started and still I love using them and when I see babies in sposies I cringe.

When you change the nappies, if they are pockets change the whole thing, its only if you use a cover then you dont have to change it, but I do.

Fri Jan 26, 2007 4:25 pm
Profile YIM
Site Admin

Kim, I don't use a scraper, I use loo paper :oops: and rinse off in the laundry tub :oops: (it doesn't get used for anything else).

ImageImage

Fri Jan 26, 2007 4:27 pm
Profile E-mail

LOl at being excited over nappies Telly - I swore I was only going to use cloth flats and pins just like I did with Maya and now I have 4 naps/covers that Manda made, 2 pockets from my SS, 13 Happy Heiny pockets, 6 Fuzzibuns, 14 prefolds, 3 dozen cloth flats and 6 Bravo wraps. Oh and 2 Bummis swim nappies, 3 Happy Heiny trainers (for Maya at night) and 4 dolls nappies for Maya's dolls. :oops:

Obsessed? Only a little...
:wink:

Fri Jan 26, 2007 7:20 pm

Just wanted to share one of the picturs of my baby in her nappy - can't wait to get more!

Mon Jan 29, 2007 9:47 pm
Profile E-mail

Tue Jan 30, 2007 7:40 am
Profile YIM
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 247 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7 ... 10  Next