It is currently Sat Mar 30, 2024 1:46 am

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 189 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
 Lisa's Bubs 

Our lil man gave us the fright of our life last night, We had my friend over who also just happens to be one of the nicu Nurses and Cort was in his bed sleeping, Ian went down to the room to do something and hello Corts Apnea monitor was flashing (it flashes if it has alarmed and then breathing starts again.)
I have now become really paranoid and am picking up my friends baby monitor today because we did not hear it alarm with the TV and conversation going.
Now Cort be good!

Sat Dec 22, 2007 9:15 am
Profile WWW

I have just watched your Montage, wot a beautiful collection of pics. You have done a wonderful job of it. Love how everything is so fitting with the song you have chosen, even the xmas lights and revolving doors.

Love it.

Sat Dec 22, 2007 11:32 pm
Site Admin

:shock: Jeepers creepers Cort, what are you trying to pull boy, now you behave for your Mummy please.

ImageImage

Sun Dec 23, 2007 8:57 am
Profile E-mail

Quote:
Now Cort be good!

Listen to your mummy Cort

Image Image

Sun Dec 23, 2007 11:12 am

ImageImage
http://lynne1.wordpress.com/

Sun Dec 23, 2007 8:06 pm

Well Mr naughty Bum has been at this breath holding/forgetting whatever you want to call it a bit this week.
Woke up Christmas morning to his alarm screaming, which in turn woke Kita and would you believe it Santa had come...lol
He was ok, pale looking but ok.
His nose is a bit snuffly and we think that that has caused a few of them, But grrr and boo hoo, Mummy no like it!!!

Cort was weighed today in at 2.8KGS, so just over 4x his birth weight!

Thu Dec 27, 2007 9:48 pm
Profile WWW

Cort Fat Chops today in his swing he got for Crimas.

Attachments:
Picture 4188.jpg
Picture 4188.jpg [ 147.87 KiB | Viewed 9879 times ]

Thu Dec 27, 2007 10:03 pm
Profile WWW

Sounds like Cort is busy scaring mummy Lisa :shock: You must hate (and love) that noisy alarm!!!

He is mighty cute though so I guess it's easy to forgive him...hehehe :lol:

I had a bit of a scare with Holly a few weeks back after she slumped over in the shopping trolley. When I picked her up vomit poured out of her mouth and she was all quiet and responseless. I completely freaked out and called an ambulance. They are pretty sure she had a febrile convulsion (which in itself isn't too serious) but she had been perfectly fine before it so I had no idea what was wrong with her and was soooo scared :( Anyway, I can imagine how you feel each time that alarm goes off especially at night :grphug:

Thu Dec 27, 2007 11:09 pm

Claire you got it in one there, This monitor and I have a love hate relationship, Ian was in the lounge today and I turned it oof cause I was about to Bath Cort and the poor guy came running cause it beeped.

Is Holly ok now?
That would freak the piss out of me!

Attachments:
Cortie Bum.jpg
Cortie Bum.jpg [ 110.99 KiB | Viewed 9842 times ]

Sun Dec 30, 2007 9:48 pm
Profile WWW

Look at that fat chops! He's grown so much I'd hardly recognise him! But as for this breath holding thing, no more wee man, it freaks your mummy out too much and she doesn't need freaking out!

www.babiesonline.com/babies/m/mayadavis
www.babiesonline.com/babies/g/gremlins

Sun Dec 30, 2007 11:58 pm

PS. I get what you mean about the love-hate relationship Lisa, after Mercedes had her second apnoea and the monitor went off I got scared of it and every time it went off after that (was always coz it wasn't on properly, she never apnoeaed again) i was too scared to go in the room and I'd make Willie go instead :?

www.babiesonline.com/babies/m/mayadavis
www.babiesonline.com/babies/g/gremlins

Mon Dec 31, 2007 12:00 am

Cort, darling, you need to behave for your mummy!!
Lisa, he's sooooooooooo cute!! Love the pic in the basket!! :love2:

my angel Chloé
Aidan Image

Wed Jan 02, 2008 10:15 am

Well Cort was meant to be born yesterday so we had a lil dinner party over at a friends house, Cort helped the men with the BBQ, Basicaly Daddy held Cort in one arm and beer in the other and stood there around the BBQ as they do while we girls made salads and stuff in the kitchen...
He set his alarm off again aswell and Daddy had to pick him up and give him a pat before he took a breath but there is no obvious reason for him doing it, so a bit stressed with it all at the moment.

Wed Jan 02, 2008 12:06 pm
Profile WWW

Big hugs Lisa...I can totally understand your stress! Will anyone look into it if these keep continuing? Sorry even though I had a premmie I never needed a alarm for the breathing! How is Cort's snuffy nose now, has that cleared up?
Claire- OMG poor Holly and you! I would have done the same babe. How very scarey! Hope she is ok and it never happens again.....
Hugs

Oh by the way Lisa that last picture of cort is adorable.....well aren't they all though hehe

ImageImage
http://lynne1.wordpress.com/

Wed Jan 02, 2008 1:53 pm

Oh hun I can see how that would be stressing you out ((hugs))

Cort BEHAVE!

Sarah had a hard time breathing last night so another trip to a&e - that was scary for me - can only imagine how scary it is for you

~*Mummy to now SIX angels ~ I miss you my babies ~

Wed Jan 02, 2008 8:32 pm
Profile E-mail

Right Mr Fat Chops!!! This is one of your surrogate aunties off TLO here... now you listen to me young man and you listen good... STOP SCARING THE SHITE OUT OF YOUR PARENTS!!! It is not good for them...

okay now that that is over with... Lisa Cort is just the cutest thing since sliced bread. He has grown sooo much, and that pic of him in the basket is too adorable. BTW where did you get his cool outfit that he is wearing in the swing pic and more to the piont do they make them in adult sizes??? I WANT ONE TOO!!! :lol: :lol: :lol:

Sun Jan 06, 2008 4:50 pm
Profile E-mail WWW

hehe that outfit is too cute aye, It is from Farmers and it was a two pack, the other one is my Fav it is white and has in black writing "C is for and then a picture of a cow" It is what he came home wearing even though it was way big.

Corts nose is clearing again thankfully.
and I should not say but he is being good at the moment, I think it is the heat, he is getting too hot and cosy and just not doing it right?
But yes if it continues they will look into it, He sees the Pead on the 22nd cause his eyes are causing concern , his pupils are diff sizes and that is really weird and not commen and also to see about his privates but that is whole other subject....

Sun Jan 06, 2008 8:26 pm
Profile WWW

Well Fat Chops is being a naughty boy and his Daddy had to take him to MMH last night and he was admitted on central monitoring and is having tests done to rule out infections brewing.
As much as he has set his monitor off a lot last night he did it and he was in a real deep sleep, Ian tried to wake him but he stretched and stayed asleep and about 3 minutes later set it off again and then basically the same deal again So Hosp it was.
I pissed cause I can nt go up there cause of where I am at with the Chemo my system is at its lowest. And also cause I have no idea when he is coming home and I want to go see Manda...lol Priorities here and all.

Fri Jan 18, 2008 10:31 am
Profile WWW
Site Admin

No worries Lisa, we'll miss you guys, were really looking forward to seeing you but you concentrate on you and that boy of yours and we'll make another day :) OH bummer, more cake for us, such a shame :oops: Besides, little missy isn't at her most attractive at the moment, she's runing around the house starkers because she wanted to sit on the potty and do 'poos', not that she did anything, it's just a ploy to get me to take her nappy off, naughty little girl, and she's already whinging at me for more cake :lol:

ImageImage

Fri Jan 18, 2008 11:01 am
Profile E-mail

I hope things are alright and he gets better asap!

Fri Jan 18, 2008 11:55 am
Profile E-mail

Oh Lisa... that wee young man of yours sure is giving you a run for your money!! Hope that all is good soon and he is back home where he belongs.

Fri Jan 18, 2008 12:03 pm
Profile E-mail WWW

This is Nana Rae talking, and NO-ONE better upset me!!!
Besides, now I had to go eat cake!!! Not that it wasn't GREAT cake Manda, it was beautiful........but I still would have rather just got to have cuddles with Mr Fat Chops & my little buddha grandson!! :) I did enjoy cuddles with the little miss.......thank goodness she was back in a nappy!! :) Man, can that kid eat cake!!!

Please hurry & get home Cort so we can get to meet you & Mummy & Kita again soon.

Huge hugs Lisa, Ian & Kita
Love
Rae xoxox

Fri Jan 18, 2008 5:39 pm
Profile E-mail YIM

Well Cort and his Daddy are staying in hosp again tonight, They have had Cort on central monitoring and have done bloods and urine tests which we should know more on tomorrow, They also did an ecg cause of Laine and the Long Q-T syndrome, But the q-t timing seems ok which is great, Just want toknow why it is happening and that if it keeps going on that he will get over and be fine at the end of it all. Man I just so want to be able to have life just a lil bit normal again.

Fri Jan 18, 2008 6:42 pm
Profile WWW

I'll keep my fingers crossed that they work out the cause of all the "alarms" and Cort gets back home quick smart :fingerx:

How are you doing? Feeling any better? Looking after yourself too?

Fri Jan 18, 2008 11:06 pm

Fri Jan 18, 2008 11:58 pm
Profile E-mail
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 189 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next