It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 10:16 pm

Tattoos 

Post Tattoos
Hi all

Thought I would start a thread about tattoos. We had a Sands meeting yesterday and part of our discussion came round to tattoos. I have been thinking of getting one for Maria for about 2 years now, but have been indecisive about design, and where on my body to get it. Obviously, because it's such a permanent thing I would want to be absolutely sure that I have the perfect design.

I was thinking it might be something I would be ready to have done for Maria's 3rd birthday. Surprisingly my DH says he would like one too, so we have started a discussion on whether we would get matching tattoos or not!

I just found quite a cool tattoo gallery online which has given me some good ideas. My 2 main ideas at the moment are either a butterfly or a footprint. I kinda like the idea of actually having Maria's name as part of the design too...maybe. But then, do I want to get something that would include all 3 of my children?? Oh man, I hate being so indecisive... :?

I know that some of you ladies have had tattoos done in memory of your angels and wondered if you would mind sharing your input.

Sun Mar 02, 2008 6:20 pm

Hi, I was thinking the same thing about a tattoo for Georgia, I want a butterfly for her too, but I trying to think of what colours, shape and where. I would also love to hear what others have done. Its a big decision. I have two tattos that I love, but this is a bigger thing.

Image Image

ImageImage

Sun Mar 02, 2008 7:36 pm
Profile E-mail

I too would still love to get a tatt, but unfortunately DH is still a big NO on that subjuect :twisted: DORK!! The way he sees it is that he associates tatts with hard people like the mongrel mob etc, trying to explain to him that if they are done professionally they can look very tasteful :roll: Males :roll:

Sun Mar 02, 2008 8:04 pm
Profile E-mail WWW

he associates tatts with hard people like the mongrel mob etc, trying to explain to him that if they are done professionally they can look very tasteful :roll: Males :roll:

There are some gorgeous butterfly designs on tattoojohnny.com (one in particular that I am really liking right now!) They are about the furtherest I can imagine from being like what your DH thinks! Perhaps you can show him and change his mind?! :lol:

Sun Mar 02, 2008 9:44 pm

been there and tried that Alana, sometimes it is like hitting your head against a brick wall with him :roll: Oh well at least I have my locket with Julia's pic in it :(

Sun Mar 02, 2008 10:05 pm
Profile E-mail WWW

I am sure you have all seen mine cause I will show them off to anyone who will look...lol
I got one foot of each of my girls done, It is done from their actual foot prints, so same size, lines, everything. Poor Darren the guy who did them was so worried that it was not going to live up to ny expectations, But they are perfect. I will eventually get something for Jacinta, Nikita and Cort but for now I am happy with what I have as the others are still 'with us', so to speak.

Attachments:
Picture 3318m.jpg
Picture 3318m.jpg [ 113.56 KiB | Viewed 6609 times ]
Mon Mar 03, 2008 9:46 am
Profile WWW

I haven't got one for my angel yet, when I ever get enough $$$ I will, but I have Maya's name, DOB and handprint on one arm and the gremlins names, DOB and a pair of butterflies on the other. Tattoos are kind of a natural form of expression for me tho, I have six and they all mean different things.

www.babiesonline.com/babies/m/mayadavis
www.babiesonline.com/babies/g/gremlins

Mon Mar 03, 2008 2:07 pm

I know my loss doesn't measure up to the ones you guys have, but when I got my tattoos done of my children, I got another one done for my angel with Angel written in japanese and the starsign, is also just above my hip.

I know of a couple of people who have done hands and feet of their children, and also used angels

~*Mummy to now SIX angels ~ I miss you my babies ~

Mon Mar 03, 2008 2:09 pm
Profile E-mail

Great pic, Lisa! Whereabouts on your body is your tattoo (if you don't mind me asking :oops: )...and how big is it? Love the girls names too...

Mon Mar 03, 2008 9:52 pm

No I do not mind you asking at all, they are on my lower back, i had wanted to get a hand each on my boob but looking back it was a good thing that Darryn said no he would not attempt such small hands.

Tue Mar 04, 2008 10:03 am
Profile WWW

That's the sunflower i got for Chloe. It's on the inside of my left arm.
In November last year, I added her birth date at the bottom of the stalk in nice script. Wanted her name as well but it was going to be too big for what i wanted.

DH wanted me to put it in a 'more discreet' place, and the only choice I gave him was where I'd decided or somewhere else on my body.

I don't have a tattoo for my other kids. Because I have them.

Attachments:
sunflower tat.jpg
sunflower tat.jpg [ 28.24 KiB | Viewed 6631 times ]

my angel Chloé
Aidan Image
Thu Mar 06, 2008 1:50 pm

I had this one done in memory of Calypso 3 days after she died. It's her real footprint and hand print. I have seperate tattoos for each of my children. I'm planning one to signifie my early m/c and one that includes all my girls

Attachments:
tattoo.jpg
tattoo.jpg [ 117.18 KiB | Viewed 6609 times ]

Thu Mar 27, 2008 5:04 am

hey Melissa I have to say I Love yours...lol (almost the same as mine)
I wanted to have my girls hands done on my breast But am so happy I did't because else I would have had to keep my boob when they cut it off and that is just a lil wrong!

Thu Mar 27, 2008 5:24 pm
Profile WWW