It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 9:41 pm

Update 

Post Update
Hi all,

I am still around, but my back is very bad again and I can only walk for a minute or two. The worst part is it is stopping me from sleeping now, but I guess that measn I will have more time to get caught up on the board (it is 2:30 am now!) My dr says not to worry about the lack of exercise, as I am only able to sit in comfort.

I went for my 20 week scan and all is good! I actually was in pain throughout the whole scan, and he (dr) sensed that, but I didn't want to let him know how badly, as I wanted him to check everything carefully during the scan. I found out that I am having a girl!!! I am so excited as of course (for those that don't know) our first child Nicole is not with us. I am not sure how I will feel when I go into the bag of clothes that I have in storage that were for Nicole. I don't want to jinx anything so I will wait until the last minute to do something like that. I am feeling a fair bit of movement and have for 3 or more weeks now and that is a releif, as I found with Matthew this time was very stressful since I couldn't feel him moving.

Jenn

ImageImage

Fri Apr 04, 2008 8:33 pm
Site Admin

Jenn that is awesome news, about baby being a girl that is, not the back pain. Are you able to have any medication for the pain? I was in heaps of pain from about 7 weeks with Gabe and was on steroids adn had injections in my shoulders. It was a different pain I know, and I'm sure they're doing all they can, still, how aweful.
Fantastic that evrything is going well with the pregnancy. I did the clothes thing pretty much last minute with Loralei too. It will be emotional, but I found it somehow comforting that she got to wear Trinitys clothes, after all, they would have been handed down anyway.
(((hugs))) hun, nice to hear from you :) we miss you around here :)

ImageImage

Fri Apr 04, 2008 9:03 pm
Profile E-mail

Hi Jenn......Great to hear your scan went well. I do miss our little chats, but totally understand about your back. Like Manda said....steroids also help with pain and inflammation. I have to take 5mg of prednisone everyday for my rheumatoid arthritis....even during my 4 pregnancies.
It helps with the pain pretty well and it is safe during pregnancy. Just a thought!

Try and get some rest girl....a school teacher should not be up at 2:30 in the morning!!!!

Give extra hugs and kisses to matthew for me.

Oh hey by the way......any girl names picked out yet????

Bridget

Sat Apr 05, 2008 5:37 am

Honey I hope that you are not in too much painand that they can give you something, anyrthing that is safe for Bbay and works to ease it.

Congratulations, A lil girl! So good to hear that she is moving around and making her presence known. I also left the clothes to the last minute and found it really emotional, But all will be good!!!

Sat Apr 05, 2008 10:11 am
Profile WWW

Sorry to hear about your back, but great to hear that everything else is progressing normally. Looking forward to hearing some name choices for your wee girl.
xox

Sat Apr 05, 2008 10:23 am
Profile E-mail WWW

I hope that they can give you something for the back pain, with both of my pregnancies I had a pinched sciatic nerve and that hurt like the bejezuz, so I hope there is something they can do for you.

Look forward to some more updates and reading your name choices.

Sat Apr 05, 2008 1:57 pm
Profile E-mail WWW

:bighug: back pain is so not good.
Great to hear everything is going well!

my angel Chloé
Aidan Image

Sat Apr 05, 2008 10:15 pm

Congrats on a healthy 20 week scan. Hope you take a load off and really take it easy. You wee angel looks just so sweet.
May all our angels swing off the stars causing mischief together.

Tue Apr 08, 2008 8:42 pm

Well I am 28 weeks now and feeling good. My dr starts weeking monitorig next week. My back is doing much better but I still can't lift my little boy. He has a bad fever these past few days and with my belly and back it is hard for me to hold him. I have put on a bit of wieght as I have not been exercising but I am sure I can lose it again if I try. She is moviong lots lately which is reassuring. Hopefully my mom will come to visit me after she is born. I would love to have help!

ImageImage

Mon Jun 02, 2008 2:25 am

So glad to hear that things are progressing well. Not good about poor wee Matthew having a fever. I'm sure your Mum will be there for you, I know how I feel when my girls need me. Where else would/could we be? Make sure you let her know how much you want her there to help you, it sure helps us to know we are wanted rather than we are interfering!

Keep up with the updates,
Love & hugs
Rae xox

Mon Jun 02, 2008 12:01 pm
Profile E-mail YIM

Hi Jenn....so good to hear from you. I've been wondering where you've been. Glad to hear your back is better, I know you were having a rough time there for a while.
Poor Matthew....it's so terrible when they are so young and get sick...it's so hard to keep them comforted.
I've been meaning to ask you......any girl names yet????????

Bridget

Tue Jun 03, 2008 2:14 pm