It is currently Fri Mar 29, 2024 10:05 pm

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 164 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
 INTRODUCTIONS 

thanks Tania will try the cabbage leaves i have some in the fridge :)
i asked my midwife she said if they hadnt gone down in 48 hours to ring her again they better 2day so hopefully it all over :!:
We get our girl back on thursdays well her ashes that is, i cant wait because at the moment i feel so lost...i feel like i need to have her with me again maybe this feeling wont ever go away :cry:

Tue Jun 24, 2008 12:59 pm

My name is Hayley, we also lost our precious one this year, I can relate to the emotions you are facing at the moment. Yes it is so unfair that the body plays these tricks on us. I was offered prescription for milk suppression tabs but refused them since they actually work on the hormone production in the brain, I did find useful the cabbage leaves they gave me most relief, Also available is herbal milk suppressants available from the local chemist.

Tue Jun 24, 2008 4:17 pm
Profile YIM

1st of all (((((Hugs))))). I am so sorry to hear of the loss of your little angel Jessie :tear: You have found a great place to come to, to vent, ask questions, or just let others know how you are feeling, and recieve support. I hope we can all be of some comfort to you in this very sad journey:tear:

My Husband Neil and I lost our little girl, Satori in November 07, at 36.5 weeks gestation, due to an acute and aggressive case of gestational diabetes, of which I had been tested for and we were all unaware I had. I still feel very ripped off and still ask Why???? often.

We also have a 3.5yr old son, Flynn, who has certainly helped me through some of the very low times I have had, since Satori passed.

Lauren this is part of something that somebody wrote to me not long after Satori passed, and I felt it was really appropriate.

Take care my sweet - cry like a crazy woman, scream at anyone that will listen and when you have had enough of that sneak into Brandon’s room at night when he is asleep and watch him sleeping... It’s good for the soul ;0)

Take care sweet, and I look forward to getting to know you and your angel Jessie better :)

Yvonne

Wed Jun 25, 2008 10:39 am
Profile E-mail

Thanks for that Yvonne :) i have every night since we lost Jessie gone into Brandons room and watch him sleep, it is comforting.
My partner Lance and i hadnt even picked a name out that we liked for our baby we werent even going to find out the sex but i had a cvs a month ago and the results came back normal except for them telling us about the cystic hygroma and they asked if we wanted to know the sex.
Before they told me anything was wrong at the 12 week scan we were sitting in the waiting room, 15min had passed the sonagrapher came and said she was just waiting to speak to one of the doctors, as she walked away my gut told me there was something wrong, Lance tried to be the optimist as he always is :) but i knew
At that moment a song came on the radio in the waiting room it was by Joshua Kadison "jessie", they not long after broke the news that our baby was sick...
Then after the cvs and another scan it was revealed just how sick she was that her heart wasnt working almost at all by that stage...we were given the option to bring on labour to also help us prepare(not that u can)but just so we werent waiting around for the inevitable to happen,also to let our little girl go.... :tear:
after getting that news we got in the car at Greenlane clinic and that same song "Jessie" was on the radio..really weird!!!
Thats how our little angel got her name
Thanks for letting me ramble!

Wed Jun 25, 2008 2:41 pm

Wow, that's a lovely story about how she got her name, and how it was playing in the car too! I really like that song "Jessie, you can always sell any dream to me".

I really believe in those strange but happy and magical moments where our angels appear to be sending us signs/messages.

Since we lost Mia I have had a thing for butterflies, we decorated her resting place with butterflies and I have a butterfly pendant to remember her, and now it seems butterflies are everywhere. I wanted a journal to write about Mia and found one with pink butterflies so I thought it was perfect, but when I opened it, on the inside front cover was a lovely poem about butterflies and underneath it said From Mia!! Unbelievably wonderful sign, so I guess Mia likes butterflies too!

I think they call those moments serendipity.

Oh, and I will be thinking of you tomorrow when you get Jessie back, it will be good to have your little girl home.

Wed Jun 25, 2008 5:04 pm

Post it seems i havent introduced myself either lol
my name is tina and am a sahm to haiden (4) and paige (2) i have an older son kian (8) whom is currently living with his nana in aussie.

i have three angels shanti lost to m/c at 11wks3days on the 21/8/08 (how i know the sex, just a very strong feeling) and twins to m/c on the 16/8/08 they were 4 wks6days.

i am currently undergoing chemo for a tumour in my brain but am thinking positive and being strong.

Fri Aug 22, 2008 2:22 pm

I'm Becks, I was told about this forum along time ago but just couldn't join until a few days ago.

I had a nasty misscarriage in October 2001 when I was 20. I was silly and kept it a secret and I think that is why it is still so fresh in my mind. I am a regular on Oh Baby and it was when the M/C board was started that I actually came out with it and told people.

I now have 2 little boys Andrew who is 4 and Josh who is 18 months old.

Wed Sep 03, 2008 11:24 am

Hi Becks, may u find this site as friendly and as supportive as I have, Hayley

Wed Sep 03, 2008 2:29 pm
Profile YIM

www.babiesonline.com/babies/m/mayadavis
www.babiesonline.com/babies/g/gremlins

Mon Sep 08, 2008 10:41 pm

My name is Dyanne and I have been on site for a while now but sitting in the background not quite ready to say to all that I lost my little girl. My daughter was born April 15th 2008 I lost my daughter Faith at 7Days old on April 22nd 2008 due to a Congenital heart condition :cry: .
She was the most beautiful and perfect gift I could ever have recieved and I am blessed for having had the chance to love her. :)

I have three other daughter all at varying ages of 14, 11 and 3yrs old. I have the most supportive, loving husband and an abundance of caring family and friends. As much as I love them all they just do not understand how I feel where as I know all of you here truely understand what it means to have loved and lost one that is part of your very essence :cry: .

My heart still aches every day for my little poppet but I carry on and try to be the mother she would have wanted and deserved. I look forward to getting to know you all better in time.

Thu Sep 11, 2008 12:44 pm

Hi Dyanne, My name is Hayley and we lost our little boy in March this year, may you find as much kindness and support here as I have

Thu Sep 11, 2008 1:37 pm
Profile YIM

Hi Dyanne, Welcome to TLO. My name is Tracey, we lost our wee girl Georgia Grace in January this year. This website and the people here have been a life saver. I too hope you find this site as comforting as I have. I look forward to getting you know you and Faith.

Image Image

ImageImage

Thu Sep 11, 2008 9:44 pm
Profile E-mail

Welcome to TLO. ((((HUGS))))I am so sorry for your loss of wee Faith, and I look forward to getting to know you and her better.

I imagine that things are still quite raw for you at the moment, but I would like to assure you that you have found a safe place to be in your grief, so feel free to come on and chat whenever you need to, or just to sit in the background if thats more comfortable :)

My name is Yvonne and my husband Neil and I lost our little girl Satori in Novemeber 2007 at 36.5 weeks gestation. We have since found out that the cause was gestational diabetes which was tested for but not detected.

Take care and be kind to yourself.

Fri Sep 12, 2008 10:10 pm
Profile E-mail

Thank you Hayley, Tracey and Yvonne :) for introducing yourselves to me and I too am so sorry that you have also felt and no doubt still deal with the loss of your little angels :( . For me it is all still very raw and I still have the dreams of the day she passed away in my arms but I know how very lucky I am to also have some very special memories or to even have had the chance to hold her.
There seems to be far too many angels and it all seems so unfair that so many people have had to go through this :? . I guess I took it all for granted before, but never again.

Sat Sep 13, 2008 9:59 am

Post Re: INTRODUCTIONS
My name is Jessica Potter and I live in Murphy, North Carolina. I'm married to a wonderful man named Daniel, and thus far, 2009 has been the most difficult year of my life. I have no child to hold, my only son passed away (stillborn) on January 3rd, and my husband isn't too eager to try again. My heart just....it just doesn't stop hurting. A lot of people ask me why I seem so angry, and I don't know what to tell them. I was seven months pregnant with little Aemin, and everything was going so well. I had gained the perfect amount of weight, Aemin was growing very well, and my horrible morning sickness was long gone. Just two more months. That's all I had left. I just don't understand it. My poem (it's in the Poems section, it's called Little Feet) describes the ordeal I've been through this year. A word of warning though, it's mildy offensive for the extremely religious.

Aemin was a strong kicker, and he loved to go crazy when he heard his daddy's voice. We were so happy. We had picked out his name long before we were even expecting. Aemin Ray Ford Potter. My little man. I miss him so much! I don't know what to do or what to say. When people come over to visit, I just sit here, lost in my own head. Aemin, also spelled Eamon is Irish. It means Guardian. Now he's our guardian angel.

Aemin, you're the best sweetheart! I'm so honored to of been able to carry you in my womb, and I miss you more than words could ever express!

Fri Apr 10, 2009 8:32 am
Profile E-mail YIM

Oh Jessica :bighug:
Welcome. I'm glad you found us but so sorry you had to go through all that pain and loss.
Your little Aemin is beautiful.
I'm going to go read your poem now.

:bighug:

my angel Chloé
Aidan Image

Fri Apr 10, 2009 9:46 am

Hi Jessica, I have just read your poem and it is just beautiful, its everything I felt and sometime still do feel too.
Aemin is beautiful, I am sure I have told you that before but once again huge hugs!!

Image Image

ImageImage

Fri Apr 10, 2009 6:59 pm
Profile E-mail

Hey guys
My names Ebony Im From Gore Southland NZ im only 21 me n my partner calvin lost our precios first baby @ 25weeks on the 6th of march 09!!This is my story
Things were goin real good up to 19week scan wen thy said she was growin 2weeks 2 small so got refered onto a specilst in invercargill,the lady we seen as so nasty she was all about downsyndrome etc so we left and complained about her next time we seen a guy and he sent us 2 dunedin cos she was struggling @ 24weeks and they were going to take her out to give her a chnce of survival but she was2 small only 250grams so stayed in 4 a couple nights up there had a few scans an they realised it was the umbillical cord blocked well one of the main atterys so she wasnt gettin the nutrients etc thru to her that she needed to grow so i got sent hme on bed rest,had constant apoints with midwife for constant blodpressure monitorin & checkn bubs heartbeat,on the 4th of march my midwife come around and couldnt find a heartbeat,so got sent 4 a urgent scan the next day of all things (thurs)an they confirmed our worst fears on the scan so i got put in a room by myself & got blood pressure and temp etc taken then a dr come in anexplaned everything to me & i got pills put in me to get things started etc.I Sadly gave birth to my beautiful baby girl @ 240am friday morning Weghin a tiny 250grams was sooo hard going thru all that pain to know i was going to come out with nothing in the end!!
We named ur precious little angel Amelia-Rose.
Thanks to everybody iv talked to thru sands or sites like these its made things away easier 2 handle & im amazed how many ppl have actually been thru this!!We go for our resuls on the 21st of april so may get some answers!!

Fri Apr 10, 2009 8:10 pm
Profile E-mail

:bighug: Ebony

my angel Chloé
Aidan Image

Fri Apr 10, 2009 10:16 pm

Hi Ebony Welcome to the club no one deserves to be in, My name is Hayley and I am in Invercargill, I am sorry to hear about ur little angel and ty for sharing ur story, If U ever want to catch up send me a Private message thru here. Hugs and take care of yourself

Sat Apr 11, 2009 9:11 am
Profile YIM

Welcome to TLO Ebony and Jessica - Glad you have found us here - this is a wonderful site full of support and love and understanding. Some things in life just don't make sense and are certainly not fair.

I lost our wee angel through missed miscarriage at 16 weeks (baby died at about ten weeks old) and was devasting for us.

((hugs))

~*Mummy to now SIX angels ~ I miss you my babies ~

Sun Apr 12, 2009 4:54 pm
Profile E-mail

HI everybody

I've been a member of this site for a while and just had the courage to share my story. I read mostly every posts that has been posted for the last couple of months and finally musted up the courage to share mine.

My name is Te Rina and im 19 years old. in december 07 i found out i was pregnant a lil scared as i was only 17 at the time. But had a great family that supported me and a great partner that stuck by me. the months progressed with no dramas and my pregnancy was very uneventful. At 38 weeks i had a lot of a mucus show but no blood so was told to wait. at this point i was feeling no movement and was told to go the hospital for a check of bubs. everything was fine and gravy was told to go home and wait. then 3days later i wnt to the doctor (july 26) as i had a really bad cold that it was hard for me to breath they decied to put the monitor on me and thats how my bad day started they couldn't find a single beat of my daughters heart. in a wreck state my parents were told to bundle me up in the car and to take me on the 1 and a half hour ride to rotorua hospital. In the car i just concentrated on my daughter begging her to end this nightmare and move. We got to the hospital and straped me to the monitor and after what seemed like hours of trying to find her heart beat they decied a scan would need to be done. at this time my family the whole lot of them had arrived. So with what hope i had left at 2.15 we made our way down to a the scan room where it was comfirmed that she had passed away. the automatic pain just grip me was intense that i couldnt even scream my body just shut down i could hardly feel my mother holding on to me. Only thing i could see was my partner sobbing in the corner and my entire family crying and holing me. i was a mess tears just stopped coming after 2 hours of solid crying. My mother was my rock she took care of everything. most of it went in kind of a blurr i was groggy from the sleeping pills and after a nearly 24 hour labour on the 27 july 08 i gave birth natually to a perfect sleeping angel. We named her Hinekura Summer Kahureremoa Murphy. she weighed 7lb 10oz an was a big 54cm tall. we had our time with our angel took so many picture adn had hand && foot prints taken and a lock of her hair. My angel was laid to rest the following day right in the middle of her great grand parents. Today i think about my angel everyday, and missing her had become a normal thing in my life. She inspired me to study midwifery( i am doing this now at wintec) and has become a contatnt reminder of what i have lost and the love that i can only give from this earth. i wish more than anythink that things could be different, but even tho she was given to me for a short while i know i will love her forever.

sorry for the long story i just felt i needed to share my story before i lost my nerve altogether

Mon Apr 13, 2009 12:21 pm
Profile E-mail

forgot to add i was 18 at the time and i was 39 && 4days gest.

Mon Apr 13, 2009 12:23 pm
Profile E-mail

Hey Hun, Thanks for sharing your story, Its good to see u again, I have been wondering what u have been up too lately, glad to have started your studies. Hope life is treating u kindly, if u need to chat u have my Im addy Take care hayley

Mon Apr 13, 2009 12:44 pm
Profile YIM

Hi TeRina that was such a moving story- Im so sorry about the loss of your baby girl, it sounds like you are doing well studying Midwifery, we need more MW's in NZ! I had an early miscarrage in March this year and came across this site, my original intention was just to light a candle in the candle room, it felt like I needed to do somthing significant to mark the loss of our baby. I couldnt quite put my finger on it, but I needed to validate my babys existence (I also have a 23 month old son, Izrael). Anyway to cut one of my loonnngg stories short, I read alot of the posts in the forum and my heart began to heal a bit, there are other women out there just like me! I thought, although we have each experinced loss in differrent ways and at different stages- we are united in grief. TLO girls are fantastic toward eachother, picking eachother up when they fall over. Helping mend those wounds that cut so freakin deep! Anyway I was just popping in to say Hi, still lurking around too.
Thanks
Leigh (Izraels Mama)

Please vote for our little ray of sunshine Izrael Adams at www.coverbaby.co.nz

Mon Apr 13, 2009 7:50 pm
Profile E-mail
Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 164 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next