It is currently Thu Mar 28, 2024 9:45 pm

Jessica's Update thread... 

Post Jessica's Update thread...
Thought I'd put a new thread up in here for updates on my gorgeous wee girl...

Well Jess is now six weeks old (where has the time gone?!!) I took her today to get her first lot of immunisastions, man she did not like that!! Poor wee mite screamed the doctors surgery damn near to the ground!! I even had to blow in her face to make her take a breath as she was crying soo hard. She is now conked out in her bed fast asleep thanks to the help of some pamol and lots of cuddles from Mummy, Daddy and big brother.
So far she has been on holiday two times and we are about to go away again next week, the first time we went away she was coming up two weeks old and we went to Hastings for christmas, I ended up getting a breast infection while there and had to go onto antibiotics :roll: . Then we came home so DH could work new years, and then I ended up getting a wound infection, so back onto AB's. Had the week after new years at home, although ended up in town every day as had to get the ute and the car fixed for some reason or another :twisted:, it was during this time that Jess decided that she would be come a colic baby :angry: , so stocked up on all the natural and herbal remedies that are available, and even went to a Osteopath to see if she could help...dont think it did as when we went to Hastings the next week she was still having problems with the colic. Thankfully her crying spells start at around lunchtime and last until about 9pm, so its not like we are up at 2am with a screaming baby :phew: . The next week we were off to Hastings again for the first of our two week summer holidays, went out to Clifton Beach and stayed at FIL's caravan. Came home this Tuesday, and was straight into herd testing for the next two days :hairout: , then off to midwife for final visit yesterday, and now the doctors today. MAN LIFE SURE IS HECTIC ROUND HERE!!! Oh and add into that the fact that we are looking for a job for next season and are applying for jobs all over the place and looking for houses to buy :roll:
I will put some updated pics in the picture thread that I took of Jess while we were away, even managed to get some of her smiling :cloud9:

Here are her updated weights etc...
Birth:3850g (8lb8oz), head 35.8cm, length 53cm
7 days - 3710g (-140g), head 37cm, length not measured
3wks 1day - 4400g (+690g) 9lb 12oz, head and length not measured as Jess was asleep :wink:
4wks 1 day - 4400g (no gain no loss) 9lb 12oz, head 38cm, length 53cm
6wks 2days - 4730g (+330g)something like 10lbsish, head 39cm, length 59cm

Fri Jan 23, 2009 4:53 pm
Profile E-mail WWW

Post Re: Jessica's Update thread...
Wow what a busy life you guys lead!! I looked at the pics, so cute! I have to laugh looking at Jessica's weights, Shawna is a whopping 7lbs 10 now!! She had her shots yesterday, slept from 8pm through until 2am!!! It was great! Oh I have found gripewater to be ok....you've probably stocked up on that too!
Good luck with the colic. Big Hugs.....

Image Image

ImageImage

Fri Jan 23, 2009 9:40 pm
Profile E-mail

forgot to add thta I took Jess to a chiropractor on Thursday, and MAN did he work wonders with her!! He even got her to sleep on her stomach, something she has never done as it hurt too much with the trapped wind, and since then we havent had anymore sessions of her colic. Fingers crossed that he has put a stop to that. The chiro reckoned that it usually only takes one session to cure the problem.

Sat Jan 24, 2009 10:24 am
Profile E-mail WWW

Yes I have heard chiro's work wonders for colic.

Sat Jan 24, 2009 11:05 am
Profile YIM

Awww I hope that colic stays away Carley - sounds like you have been pretty proactive in trying to get it sorted though :) Must remember about the Chiro in case I need it some time in the future :)

BTW the pictures are awesome - Jess is a little cutey :)

Sat Jan 24, 2009 4:11 pm
Profile E-mail

Wow, sounds like you have been busy over the past few weeks. Glad that the chiropractor managed to get the colic sorted out. Love the pictures of Jessica, she is absolutely gorgeous. :D

Sun Jan 25, 2009 10:03 pm

Wow your life is hectic! Good to hear the chiro seems to have fixed the colic!

Haven't looked at the pics just yet, but I'm sure she's absolutely gorgeous!!

my angel Chloé
Aidan Image

Mon Jan 26, 2009 4:11 pm

wow you guys are sooo busy!!!! i need a nap just after reading all that!!! lol
great the colic seems to be sorted, good luck with the house hunting

Mon Feb 02, 2009 1:17 pm

okay time for the next update in the continuing saga that is my life with a colicky baby :roll:

I OFFICIALLY HATE COLIC!!!!

For the last two nights running Jess has powerchucked all over me!!! :twisted: I know it isnt her fault and that she is in wicked pain with the colic but man...it hacks me off that she always ends up puking all over me, herself and the couch!! We have been off to the chiro five times now and it feels like I am caught in a vicious circle. Just as she seems to be getting better it comes back again and off we go.!!!

Right that is the rant part of the update over with... we had a lovely break away, but alas we had to come home :cry: (bloody work!!!) But I did have a lovely visitor on the 25th Jan.... RAE (aka Sunshine) came to visit me (BTW Rae, Bayden was suitably impressed with the motorbike !!) She has got photos so will have to wait for her to post. Sorry Manda that your Mum got to have cuddles before you did, but I will try and get up there soon, Mum is hanging out to see Jess again too, so might have to do a flying weekend trip.

On the job prospects for this coming June...we have decided that it is time that we got out of dairy farming (the fact that they are paying us bugger all this season is a BIG factor), now DH has finally decided (after me giving him a bollocking and telling him to pick a profession and sticking to it) that he would like to work for a contractor, driving tractors, in the Hawkes Bay (we are coming home Julia!!!). We will rent a house and save up enough for a deposit and fingers crossed be able to buy a house early next year.

PHEW!!! So there is the latest.

Mon Feb 02, 2009 9:41 pm
Profile E-mail WWW

:bighug: :bighug: Sheez I don't know how you do it!! I have so much admiration for you. Leading such a busy life at the moment and by the sounds of it, not getting a lot of sleep! Just wanted to let you know that I am thinking of you. I sometimes wonder how you are getting on when I am up at 3am feeding Shawna!!

Image Image

ImageImage

Fri Feb 06, 2009 3:35 pm
Profile E-mail

Well obviously it is time for another update on the Jessica cronicles!!

We have had plunket come this week, and according to the PN Jess has probably got reflux, not colic like we thought. So have got some infant gaviscon this week and we are trying her on that to see how she goes.
Still going to the chiro, and that appears to be working. It is good because when we go we are guarranteed a decent nights sleep, generally a 9hr stretch!!! :shock: I have been taking advantage of this to start expressing off the excess and freezing it, BTW Manda the breast pump is AWEESOME!!! I did a pump two nights ago and got 50mls off one side!! :shock:

Had to milk today...and all I can say is....

YUCK!!!

Milking sucks when you have a 8week old to deal with too. Jess was brilliant in the morning, fed her at home then by the time I had walked over to the shed, she was noddong off in her pushchair and slept until we got home...but the afternoon...well. She decided that today of all days was a good time to try catnapping :wall: Poor Bayden ended up having to walk around the tanker track to get her to calm down as we only had about 150 :cow: left to go so were near the end. Now DH has said that with the milk payout dropping we may ahve to let our relief milker go and I will have to go back in the shed :hissyfit: I so dont want to go back to work yet. :hissyfit: :hissyfit: :hissyfit: Maybe if I leave it he may forget about it and I can delay the enivitable for a while :shifty: . I just dont want to do it until Jess is a bit bigger and knows what afternoon sleeps are for :lol:

Anyhoo...must go, will upate again soon... :overhere:

Fri Feb 06, 2009 8:08 pm
Profile E-mail WWW
Site Admin

Not much time for a proper post, got a grumpy little boy here and a little girl being mean to him.
Grrrr
Glad you're getting some use out of the pump. I could never really get the hang of it. I got a few good 50ml lots using it, but most of the time I'd struggle to get 5ml, and with lols being such a fussy baby I never really had time to sit down and get 5mls at a time, besides I don't think the quality would have been so good getting such small amounts. Funny, because I had no problem with supply, just expressing it.
Oh, I promise I'll get that pic up, probably later today, got a bit of a full schedule at the mo. But feel free to put up some more, oh and feel free to come up for a visit, I SOOO want cuddles.

ImageImage

Sat Feb 07, 2009 8:19 am
Profile E-mail

Carley, you are sounding like wonder woman again... reflux and milking ...(hehe) the cows that is :lol:

Reflux can be a bit of an ongoing thing unfortunately - Flynn had it and ended up on losec, although he was never very upset or uncomfortable at spilling. I think he finally came of it around 1yr old. It sounds like you are doing all the right things though and with the chiro, it may go alot sooner.

Sending cuddles to J for her upset tummies and for the sleep deprived mummy :)

Sat Feb 07, 2009 8:27 pm
Profile E-mail

UPDATE TIME!!!!

Birth:3850g (8lb8oz), head 35.8cm, length 53cm
7 days - 3710g (-140g), head 37cm, length not measured
3wks 1day - 4400g (+690g) 9lb 12oz, head and length not measured as Jess was asleep
4wks 1 day - 4400g (no gain no loss) 9lb 12oz, head 38cm, length 53cm
6wks 2days - 4730g (+330g)something like 10lbsish, head 39cm, length 59cm
8weeks first plunket visit - 5300g (+570g) 11lb 11oz, head 40.2cm , length still 59cm
11weeks - 5890g (+1160g)13lb , head 41.3cm, length 59cm
Well as you can see Jess is filling out really well, I am not too sure about the length measurements as according to those she hasnt grown in length in the last FIVE weeks?? :?:

Had a lovely visit up to Auckland the other weekend, Hi Manda (or should I say Juicy Marbles??? :lol: ) and Yvonne (still getting round to sorting out the clothes, havent forgotten :wink: ) MANDA where are the photos????

Jess is doing ok, still has her off days, but that is to be expected. Had to do two and a half days milking last week and she was ok for those. Thursday afternoon she was brilliant and slept through the whole milking :jumping: but Friday fternoon...YEAH RIGHT!!! Have to do the same again this week as our worker is still off on holiday, then I will be returning to just having to milk every second weekend as we have let our relief staff go as we cant afford to pay them anymore... [smilie=bluecolorz5_pdt_07.gif]

On another note...we have finally decided what we are going to do for next season, we are now no longer moving back to the Hawkes Bay, we are going to continue milking for another two years, but as managers not as lower order sharemilkers, so we wont have to issues of staffing problems and GST etc. :cheese: and we will be on a salary. We are going to get enough money together for a deposit on a house (in the Hawkes Bay) rent it out while we arent living there, and then at the end of the two years we will have somewhere to live and I will be able to return to fulltime work and not feel guilty about it. For the next two years of milking I will do the calf rearing and relief milk.

So I think that is all, have been keeping myself busy painting Jessica's cot and knitting (thanks Manda).

Tue Feb 24, 2009 9:52 pm
Profile E-mail WWW
Site Admin

Go Jess you chubba bubba, so gorgeous, was great to see you and your Mum too Carley (you marble in waiting you :lol: ).
Pics uploading as we speak, sorry, i am slightly useless like that, I still haven't put up the ones from lollipops either.

ImageImage

Wed Feb 25, 2009 4:17 pm
Profile E-mail

Jess sounds like she is thriving Carley!!! Where in Hawkes Bay do you think you'll buy a house?

Wed Feb 25, 2009 5:20 pm

we are hoping to buy a house in the Clive, Te Awanga, Haumoana areas.

Wed Feb 25, 2009 9:27 pm
Profile E-mail WWW

We may be neighbours one day, im from hastings and we've been wanting to move out to haumoana for a while but just waiting for those prices to drop some more as they're still really expensive!! Would like to get out there in the next few years thou, its so nice and relaxed and the school is supposed to be great :)

Wed Feb 25, 2009 9:49 pm

Yep it is nice out there, my FIL has a caravan set up at Clifton Beach (with a permanent awning) and it is so nice out there, just very relaxing. We have seen a few houses that we would like to buy, but the prices are waayyyy too high. I signed up with the Rent2Own site and they look out for houses in the area that you want and set you up in the house and help out with getting a deposit together for a mortgage etc.
Are you living in the Bay now? If so where abouts?

Thu Feb 26, 2009 8:40 am
Profile E-mail WWW

Sounds like wee Jessica is doing really well. You must be really happy now that you have definite plans for you future, I always like to know what is happening down the track…

Thu Feb 26, 2009 8:46 am

yeah we are living in hastings, clifton is nice especially clifton cafe lol mmmmm ;)

Thu Feb 26, 2009 1:05 pm

okay updated pic time...
Bathing beach style!!!
the little decoration that I painted on the ends of her cot

Fri Feb 27, 2009 9:08 pm
Profile E-mail WWW

WOW she is growing so quickly. What a cutie!

Sat Feb 28, 2009 8:46 am
Profile E-mail WWW

okay, so as I posted previously I hav been busy painting Jess's cot. I thought I would post some pics of it so you could see how it turned out. It was a light blue with different colours on the ends...
this is what it looks like now...
Ssshhhh...sleeping baby...

Sun Mar 01, 2009 7:47 pm
Profile E-mail WWW

Carley. Jess is just beautiful. Does she look lots like B as a baby? I just lookin at your facebook of B little and I see it so much!
What a gorgeous job you have done with the cot...she looks teeny tiny in it too LOL
more pictures ...never enough

ImageImage
http://lynne1.wordpress.com/

Sun Mar 01, 2009 10:22 pm