It is currently Fri Mar 29, 2024 5:58 pm

clomid? 

Post clomid?
Hi just wondering if any of you have had to take this or to hear your experience.
I've had no trouble getting pregnant before Jamie. Since then they've found I have low progesterone, I thought they'd give me progeaterone rather than clomiphene (clomid)
Since jamie and the progesterone issue I've had 4 chemical pregnancies.

Wed Apr 22, 2009 1:33 pm

Post Re: clomid?
hmm i dont know alot other than clomid helps you ovulate by increasing your progeserone levels. It is a very commonly used drug...as a first step to help with ovulation.
Hope that helps, Yvonne (Satori Star) took Clomid for the same reason and it worked ;) see thread TTC with a vengence

Wed Apr 22, 2009 11:21 pm

Hi Jamiesmum,

Sorry its taken so long to get onhere and reply.

I to had no problem concieving with my first two pregnancies - averaged about 3mths, however after losing Satori something happened with my progesterone levels, so my OB put me on Clomid to essentially kickstart ovulation. It seemed my progesterone levels were going down every month which was frustrating and even when I started on Clomid the went down further for the first two months :shock: On the third month however, it must have done its job, as we got a BFP, which was worth the wait. :) It took us about 10 mths all up.

Just keeep in mind that it may not happen in the first month, although it can, and you may have some side effects. I had some oochy ovulation pain that I had never had before, and you can experience a bit of nausea and sore B**Bs, which are also pregnancy signs, so that can do your head in a bit :wall: when it turns out that you are not pregnant. I took the clomid at night which can help with the nausea, and I think I took it days 3-6 for the first two months and then days 2-5 on the third month (I just wanted to try something different, in case O was slightly earlier) My OB was OK with me trying this - said it wouldn't hurt!

TTC was a long journey and the only advice I can offer is to try not to get too caught up and obsessed with it, as it can take over. In the end I decided to take on a job, because it wasn't happening, and wouldn't you know, I got pg within a week of starting :lol: They say a change is as good as a holiday :lol:

I also joined a couple of threads on EBB called TTC and Clomiphene Cows which helped because the ladies on there were going through some of the same issues with TTC, and there was some good sharing of information regarding there experiences on clomid.

Anyway sweet, good luck with it, and I am sending you loads of Baby Dust :)

Sat Apr 25, 2009 8:45 am
Profile E-mail

thanks for your reply,

cd 3 today and I'm offically on clomid, yay for me!! I cant help it but after the struggles over the last 10 months I'm hanging out for a strong sticky bfp, a growing belly and a healthy baby at the end. I know I shouldnt pin so many hopes on it but its hard not to.

Mon Apr 27, 2009 9:36 pm

So know the feeling of hanging out for a BFP!! hope it happens quickly for you :)

Tue Apr 28, 2009 11:02 pm

I have O'd on my first clomid cycle. 2ww here I come. I so hope this works, I'm so needing a bfp.
Debs are you ttc now?

Sun May 10, 2009 9:27 pm

So keen on the cheerleading idea lol! BFP! BFP! BFP! Thats great that you ovulated!
Good luck for your testing soon :)

Mon May 11, 2009 10:34 am

Hey just realised your 2 week wait must be up? Any news??
Good luck for your testing
Hope you get a BFP this month !

Sun May 24, 2009 10:24 pm

:pray: :goodluck: :pray: BFP! BFP! I have my fingers crossed for you and sending lots of baby dust.

Image Image

ImageImage

Mon May 25, 2009 2:25 pm
Profile E-mail